Makeup Revolution Eye Shadow Palettes

Filtered by age: 30-35
Makeup Revolution  Eye Shadow Palettes

3.4

I reacently bought this pallet to try out as it was raved a dupe of Naked pallet, I love the color tone rosy nude easy for everyday make up, combination of some matte and shimmering shadow that you just need a pallet to do make up, the color is pigmented easy to blend and long wear even though my lid is oilly it stayed put, not forget to mention you get a lot of product in the pallet, the packaging is abit cheapy but acceptable for price tag, I dont mind the package than quality of product itself.

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

Maybe you got a dud,I have that pallette and I am tan,and it showed up really nicely on my lids,I love makeup revolution products I find their dupes some even better than the big brands.

on 2/14/2017 9:29:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I bought the Makeup Revolution Iconic 3 palette about 2 months ago. I love it!!
I decided to try it out after reading it was a great dupe for the UD Naked palettes.
Some colours can be a bit harder to blend, but the pigment is awesome, so I don't mind.
I haven't had any sort of allergic reaction to it, so that's great too.
Lasts beautifully throughout the day, I've used it for everyday looks, as well as more dramatic evening looks. A solid product that I would definitely recommend if you're on a budget.

on 7/24/2016 8:03:00 PM

No way was I convinced the Makeup Revolution palettes would be good.

They were Spectra Fashion to Forester Creations, doing dupes and knockoffs and selling for low prices. No way, it was going to be bad. But I decided to try it.

Omg. OMG, OMMMMGGGGGGG!!!

The shades were incredibly pigmented and long lasting. Compared to Urban Decay, the shades lasted a little less longer (we're talking maybe an hour or to less) but the pigments were almost equal in intensity. Some shades fell a little under the belt, but some actually were more pigmented.

The price is fantastic value for money. How many of us dish out $70-$100 for a palette and think nothing of it? *guilty*. And then Makeup Revolution come in and sell palettes for $10 and make you start to question how much the bigger brands are really taking us all for a ride.

The packaging is not so great, and neither is the brush (actually the brush is awful, just turf it). But that's not why I'm buying the product. I'm all for the shades themselves and they do not disappoint.

on 1/26/2016 8:19:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

This review is for makeup Revolution Mermaids Forever 32 Piece Eyeshadow Palette
I bought this palette to use it for practicing on eye makeup and also for starting to use other colors than I usually wear. I regret that I bought this cheap palette instead of a pricier palette with better quality. It isn’t terrible just not the quality I was looking for.

Pros:
The color selection is wonderful
The package is good
Very affordable
The colors are easy to blend
Cons:
The smell of the products are terrible, it smells of chemicals
Some of the colors are not very pigmented this was the biggest disappointment.
Some of the colors are very powdery
The product does not last very long after application.

EDIT: This one goes in the trash! It made my eyes turn red

on 9/3/2015 12:12:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

Review for Iconic 3 and Romantic Smoked

Background:
I have the Too Faced Chocolate Bar and was really liking how Strawberry Bon Bon looked and wanted to get into more matte looks (aside from the browns that I already had) to add to the Strawberry or even for different looks, like a taupe matte eye. I looked up some Makeup Revolution palettes and the swatches looked amazing. I decided the essential mattes were too blue so I was eyeing the Romantic Smoked. But when I went to the store, I wasn't impressed with how the pigmentation looked through the window. I ended up getting a few Nyx matte shades instead.

I kept looking at the swatches though, and in the pictures online, the palette looked drab compared to the nice swatches in peoples images, so maybe they just applied better than they looked. But some swatches looked really dull and powdery. I had to know for myself, so I got the Romantic Smoked and also picked up Iconic 3, since I realllly love some of the shades I've swatched in Naked 3, but wouldn't pay that kind of money for it. *I eventually got it.*

ICONIC 3 Shades and Comparison:

1 - a white based matte neutral, really chalky, UD Strange way better, TF White Ch. even better than those.

2 - super glimmery pink shimmer (compare to UD Dust) They're not too different. Honestly neither are so finely milled.

3 - a reddish pink shimmer. This disappointed me a lot. Not at all like UD Burnout which was one of the shades I wanted. They might look similar in photos, but they aren't. This one is just basic and chunky. Burnout is FAR lighter and actually pink which matters for neutral looks.

4 - a soft taupe matte, NOTHING LIKE UD Limit!! This is the other really disappointing shade for me, I really wanted a soft PINK matte that was more taupey than my Strawberry, but this is just flat and DARK. I feel like this is the reason I bought this palette so to have it fall short is really disappointing. Again, totally changes the look when used as a lid color over Limit.

5 - a really glittery RED
6 - a really glittery gold
These two, they are not dupes color wise, way harsher and almost darker but in my opinion they are too chunky with glitter. These are shades I probably wouldn't wear in this palette so I don't pay much attention to them. They're far better in Naked.

7 - this shade is pretty much a darker shade 4, kind of like how Nooner is to Limit, but again a brown base. I actually like it in real life more than how it photographs. There's a slight rose color to this, slight. Still not pinky though.

8 - this is a brown copper shimmer, but Liar is far nicer, less bronzey/more pink.

9 AND 10 - two pretty taupe satins. I like these shades, but they didn't even TRY to make two shades. Like, I can not tell them apart. At least not without squinting and looking super close in direct sunlight. Some swatchers got them to show differently. Idk if it's just my palette but that means the consistency between palettes might not be so stringent. Both are more like Mugshot. Factory is browner (which is funny, because Iconic has a record of being the browner toned one) And it's pretty identical to the #2 from the Romantic Smoked palette as well.

11 - complete and total winner of this palette. This is a violet shifted satiny taupe. It reminds me of Jane Passionflower but the blue tones are stronger in this one. I actually PREFER it over Darkside! Better in person. The shimmer does fall away though.

12 - a *black* with pink shimmer overlay, it's not burgundy. Looks cheaper to me than Blackheart. Not a color dupe for BFT (Too Faced) either, but less fallout. The shimmer does wear off, blends greyish.

ROMANTIC SMOKED:

1 - glimmery white. Wears off quickly

2 - a rosey taupe shimmer, similar to Iconic 3 shades 9 & 10.

3 - shimmery light pink, very similar to #2 from Iconic 3

4 - a golden olive shimmer

5 - a shimmer lilac

6 - a shimmer rust red, not super dark, copper shift, but less brown than TF Amaretto

7 - a matte pink beige? this one is pretty underpigmented. If you REALLY rub you get a violet taupe that you wouldn't expect, but good luck applying that.

8 - matte clay brown, very dull. Like no one would like this color.

9 - a pretty medium matte orchid. I like this one.

10 - a weak black matte

11 - another bummer, looks aubergine in other pics, mine is a dark grey. Hard.

12 - a peach matte. It has a nice color but all the mattes in this are super hard. It is better IRL though, as it blends into my skin in pics.

Overview:

Formula wise, I'm disappointed. Half of them are pigmented well but the shimmer can hide the colors, so the finished product looks one dimensional and a bit childish. The colors could be more unique too; they take the cheap way out in making a lot of colors really similar in base color, (brown/grey) especially the Iconic 3. The glitter shades have bad fallout, the mattes can be really chalky and hard. The shimmers are finer milled in the Romantic palette, but again a bit over done. There is crease wear with these. I wouldn't call Iconic a "Dupe" for the Naked at all, it applies and looks cheaper, less bright in some ways but too dark in others, less adult. I've made nice simple looks with these but I the variety is less than it appears.

I replaced the brushes. Of course the price is great but cheap prices only excite me if the quality is worth it. I dislike having palettes if most of the colors are useless. I only *really like* about one color from each, I'm ok with a few colors but they aren't so exotic and new to me and only use them because it's easy to grab these. But I *hate* a good third of the colors. I didn't return these when I could and but now that I have Naked 3 I kind of wish I did. There are some pros. I like that I could travel with it easily and have variety and if it breaks it's no big. They're workable and affordable if you're new to makeup, but if not you probably won't like the

on 6/5/2015 8:54:00 PM

This review is for the Makeup Revolution Awesome 100 Palette.I just adore it.The shadows are just amazing and I paid only 8 pounds of it since it was on sale.Shadows are surprisingly pigmented and true to color.The palette has beautiful colors and shades,there are lots of colorful shades and also a lot of natural and shiny ones,nudes and smokes.You can create beautiful looks with this palette and now it costs 12 pounds.It's one of my Top 5 shadow palettes.A word about the other palettes,they're also amazing.Iconic Pro palettes = wonderful. I recommend with bottom of my heart :)

on 5/18/2015 5:01:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I bought Makeup Revolution Iconic 3 palette after hearing rumors that its UD Naked 3 Dupe. Oh man, turns out it really is! I'm going to sell away my Naked palettes! It's pigmented and has very little fall-out. The other "heap" eyeshadow palettes I own is from Sleek. Well, i can stop buying Sleek from now on. Makeup Revolution is way cheaper and not as chalky as Sleek. Can't wait to try Iconic 1 & 2 as well as Heart Chocolate which I heard is an exact dupe of TOO Faced Chocolate Bar.

on 2/2/2015 1:31:00 PM

I purchased a total of 5 eye shadow palettes from Makeup Revolution over the last year and I was astounded at the quality for such an affordable price. I purchased the Iconic 3 (dupe for Naked 3), Colour Chaos, Flawless neutrals, Go! palette, and the I Heart Chocolate palette (dupe for Too Faced Chocolate palette). Most of the palettes included a nice sized mirror and the colors were gorgeous and pigmented. The I Heart Chocolate palette is absolutely incredible! For someone looking to grow their eye shadow collection at an affordable price, these are a great way to go. HOWEVER, during the last year, my eyes would randomly swell up, turn red, itch, sting, and water. I use a lot of different makeup/skincare products, so it took me some time to narrow it down to a certain product/products that were causing the reaction. Every single time I used one of these palettes, my eyes would react in some way. Sometimes it was mild, sometimes it was severe. These are the only eye shadow palettes I own that cause this reaction. I am so bummed because I really do love them, but it is not worth the misery of having eyes that are almost swollen shut! I just wanted to warn anyone else out there that this happened to me. I would suggest maybe ordering only one palette to see if you have a reaction and go from there. This makes me wonder if there is maybe an ingredient used in the UK that's not used in the States that is causing my eyes to react... Hmmm...