Makeup Revolution Eye Shadow Palettes

Filtered by age: 19-24
Makeup Revolution  Eye Shadow Palettes

3.1

on 2/25/2018 9:41:00 PM

I recently bought the 'Life on the dance floor' eye shadow palette. I also purchased The Balms 'BALM JOVI' palette the same day. I reach for the make up revolution one way more. I find they blend easier, the colours are beautiful and vibrant and I have a lot of shades and different eye looks to choose from. I think it is a great palette to have in my collection, and I highly recommend it. I paid €12 which is great. I will defo be going to purchase more palettes. The only drawback in the palette I have, is that there is no inner corner highlight. But i think the vibrancy and warm shades and shimmers more than make up for it. (Tip; use setting spray on your brush for the shimmers)

I got Iconic 3 because I'm being a cheapskate and I heard so much raves about these palettes. Big mistake.
First off, the colours swatch wonderfully with your fingers but translate to a muddy mess on lids. The light shades don't show up at all (with only the pink and copper glitter shades in the middle showing) or show up like a reddish brown (similar to a bruise).

Fallout is terrible and they are the first and only eyeshadow so far to irritate my eyes (my eyes actually went red from using them). Even primer doesn't help and glitter falls within minutes(way more worse than UD naked). The shadow also disappears within the hour on my lids even with primer. I think the quality of ingredients here is too poor.

I have no idea why all the reviews sang such high praises for them, however, you are better off spending more to get Naked 2 or just finding dupes for your favourite shades. (I find my Etude House singles to work much better)

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I have the Mermaids Forever palette and yes it was the packaging that made me buy it and the fact that it said mermaid on it. I contains 32 shades, a mixture of mostly shimmers and some mattes.

The mattes are absolutely terrible with zero pigmentation like don't bother. The shimmer shades are mostly not bad, the blues, greens and browns being the best. the most disappointing moment of this palette was swatching this deeper cranberry shade along the bottoms row and it literally has NO pigment at all, like instant hardpan. I've dug at that colour but none comes off at all. The texture is similar to shadows from Sleek cosmetics where they're more shine than pigment but less pigmented and very prone to hardpan. Really disappointing especially after all the hype around this company. Might use some of the shimmer shades on the lid for going out but I'm hesitant to try out any other palettes from them.

on 3/30/2017 4:05:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

It is my first eyeshadow palette so my review may not be useful in terms of its quality as being a dupe of Urban Decays. I own iconic 3 palettes which I've used for the past 6 months without a problem. There is fallout but minimal, just under the eye, that you may need fixing during the day but it is not horrible enough that gives you panda eyes and the glitters are quite fine so it doesn't show up everywhere even when it falls out. The color range is awesome, universal shades that isn't exclusively warm but can be more neutral depends on your choice of color. I use my own Bobbi brown eyeshadow brush to apply this it's very easy to blend. Very good palette for beginners!

on 12/22/2016 1:42:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

This product is literally dangerous!! I had been using Art deco eyeshadows for a year or even longer, then I purchased this palette, just to try. My eyes were terribly itchy, red and tearful, which I am not used to at all and I was a bit scared.. Then I realised it all was caused by this palette! I have thrown it away immediately, it's a garbage. The packaging is bad too and the eyeshadows are poorly pigmented.

on 8/7/2016 11:50:00 AM

I bought "Beyond Flawless" Makeup Revolution Eyeshadow palette containing (I believe) 32 eyeshadows. I thought priced at £8 it was a bargain for the variety of shades, featuring several nudes, rose pinks and browns. However the quality of this product is a real let down. They are not highly pigmented at all - I feel like I would have to use the whole lot to have any sort of colour show up on my eyelids. The lighter shades perhaps create a very slight shimmer however the dark colours look more like a light bruise than eyeshadow. The product also actually smells like a paint palette rather than a palette of eyeshadows so that wasn't very pleasant.

I regret having bought this product although will try to use it again. However I would recommend instead of spending a little amount for a very low quality product I would invest in a palette by brand such as Urban Decay or ABH instead.

on 7/26/2016 6:41:00 AM

This is my second experience with a Makeup Revolution eyeshadow palette and this time it's the "FAST LOVE" palette. It comes in a very simple, yet elegant case with 10 matte and 22 shimmery shadows.

The shadows did not seem very pigmented and the matte ones didn't show on the eyelids at all. I had to use quite a large portion for my eyeshadow to look visible. I believe they will show better on the eyelids with a bit of concealer/ primers but I would highly recommend the other Makeup Revolution palettes over this any time.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

Bought the palette 'Eyes Like Angels' because I liked the variety of colours and it was on sale (£6). There are 32 shades to choose from, majority of which are quite vibrant and glittery/shimmery. I have to say I was disappointed with this palette, I found that I had to keep layering the product before getting a decent amount of coverage, also I noticed that the eyeshadow starts to crumble after use. Also, it definitely does not last all day, it looks fine for a couple of hours, but the longer you wear it, the likelier it is to crease and smudge (but I do have oily eyelids). As pretty as it looks in the packaging, the overall quality isn't great, thus, I wouldn't buy this again.

I wanted a dupe for the naked palletes since im a college student who cant bring herself to spend $50 on eyeshadows. I heard the iconic palettes were decent dupes. I think i own the iconic 2 palette. Its decent. The only other eyeshadow palette ive ever owned is from an Estee Lauder holiday gift set. These shadows look pretty but they wear off and crease quickly throughout the day. I can notice a difference in quality between this and my Estee Lauder palette a lot. The makeup revolution colors tend to be a bit too glittery/shimmery for me to create natural looks with. Theres not many matte shades and the ones they do have are a bit chalky.

on 4/3/2016 3:03:00 PM

This review is for the new-trals vs neutrals palette. I am in LOVE!!!! I love how it was.. maybe $10, comes with a brush and has a ton of on trend colors. So far I have used the red, copper and pink tones. One time I even had naked 3 out in case I needed to add more color but was so surprised by the shimmery rose color I immediately put away naked 3. Unfortunately Ulta only has a limited selection in store but i'm interested and impressed enough to buy the chocolate palettes online as well as their brand new palette. If you're into neutrals, especially the new trendy ones (rose, copper./orange, red) I definitely suggest you try this!