Makeup Revolution Eye Shadow Palettes

Makeup Revolution  Eye Shadow Palettes

3.5

on 2/8/2017 3:36:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

For a cheap eye shadow palette these aren't awful. They are very pigmented and have a nice texture/consistency. Blend nicely but the thing that stops me from wearing these is that I find that I put the eye shadow on in the morning and by midday half of it has come off. I don't really understand why it does this... maybe because I don't wear a primer but I have other shadows that are of a similar price and they last all day. Because of this I don't rate this product very much as I am scared to wear them

on 2/1/2017 2:54:00 PM

they are very pigmented and buttery its true but ingredients are not good. They are really glittery and glitters are falling into your cheekbones. They are good for the price but dont expect highend quality.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I love the Iconic 3 Redemption palette! The colors are SO pigmented! I wish there were more matte shades and some of the shimmery shades are literally just glitter. I wish those shades were pure shimmer shades, not loose glitter. There are some shades in the palette that I never use, such as the first shimmery color on the very left, since it's just loose glitter. But other than that, this is a very good palette.

Review for normal eyelids: Well this palette is super inexpensive! At ultra it's around seven bucks I believe? Anyway the color payoff is good but you must prime you're lids if not the eyeshadow will literally go everywhere and not look as right. I bought this palette around 7 months ago and I never reached for it again just because of how messy and chalky it is. But if I didn't have my Lorac pro palette I may use this..? But totally great if you're trying to dupe the NAKED palette! Colors are amazing but you must go light handed.

on 9/23/2016 2:38:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

A LITTLE STORY TIME
time:
Eyeshadows are one of the important things for me and i really maintain good quality eyeshadows. I don't have and have never used high end shadows, but i know what they should be like.
Before i bought my Iconic 3 palette, i read a lot of reviews, here in the MUA and Ulta (most of the reviews in youtube and blogs are sponsored. by the way...)
There is various opinions- some like their iconic range and write that is almost as good as high end ones, others don't. And to not risk and not storage another unuseful makeup item i didn't buy it then. After months i started wondering, again, if i would like the eyshadows. So i ended up buying it.
THE ACTUAL REVIEW:
The colors are beautiful. I love matte shadows and there is 3 in 12- color palette. Others are sparkly/ glittery you know(really can't describe ) The texture is really good. It is quite silky and soft, kind a greasy and that is why these eyeshadows are easy to blend. 3,4 of the colors are a bit chalky, but not much. They are ok.
The pigmentation is bag. I always use a primer(a cheap one- Avon) every time i put eyeshadows on. Normally i softly touch the brush to the shadow. With this 'technique' and MUR's palette my eye makeup ends up looking muddy and the colors doesn't differs from each other. To not look these colors the same on my eyelids i should take a lot more product on the brush or build up the color.
I already said that the colors blends beautifully.
These eye shadows with that Avon's primer last a 5-6 hours on my (very) oily eyelids, after that it doesn't look so good, a bit messy and muddy. That can be fixed using better primer like UD's or applying a translucent powder after eyeshadows.
Bought this for 8,9 dollars. Will continue using it. Especially for the price is awesome. The problems with these eyeshadow can be fixed so if you want something cheap, good and presentable- buy it.
I am not quite sure if i will buy more MUR's eyeshadow palettes...
Will keep you for updates.
Sorry for my English.

on 8/25/2016 3:21:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

This eyeshadow is well pigmented and gorgeous. At £4, I was expecting a cheap quality product, but that is not the case! The colours are good, and now I turn to makeup revolution for eyeshadow!

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

These are okay. As long as you use a good eyeshadow primer, they don't crease and look pretty pigmented, but there's always A LOT of fall out. I'd buy them again due to the price and due to the fact that they still look good (but other eyeshadows are better, like Urban Decay or Too Faced).
You get what you pay for, but for the price, these are solid.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is for MakeUp Revolution Ultra Eyeshadow: Flawless Palette:
Holy jeez do I love this palette. As someone who doesn't really "do" eyeshadow, I wanted to pick up a big palette that had a nice balance of matte and shinier shades, which were neutral/natural with the occasional pop of colour. I knew very little about what exactly I needed in terms of quality, but I did know that I didn't want to fully commit to something expensive when I don't really "do" eyeshadow, so I popped into my local Superdrug and had a browse.
Immediately, MakeUp Revolution caught my eye purely due to the sheer choice of pallets available. There are soon many to choose from, from big to little, colourful and bright to sultry and smokey.
I picked up the Flawless palette upon recommendation by a girl who was shopping next to me. She and I had a good chat about the choices and she said this was very nicely pigmented, and was great for nudes, so I picked it up. Let's review:

1. Packaging: The actual container is really sturdy and the big mirror is really great. However, I am not a big fan of the insert that sits over the shadows, displaying the names of the colours, especially because it is the only part of the packaging that shows the names. Even if they were named on the back of the box, or palette itself, it would be fine, but alas, they are not.
2. Pigmentation: Most of the colours are really well pigmented, especially some of the darker shades. The neutral browns are lovely, and the highlight colour is nice too, some are a little more sparse, but not by much and nothing a bit extra product can't fix.
3. Durability: I used my basic face primer on my lid over my foundation, and these shadows stay on all day! (I didn't see the point on spending extra cash on primer for my eyes when it does basically the same thing as regular primer. I highly recommend doing this.)
4. Blending: These blend beautifully, the shades all work amazingly together and blend out really nicely. They are so soft, they swatch beautifully, and don't go blotchy or feel scratchy.

Overall, this is a great palette for anyone wanting to start off with shadow, as well as anyone who wants a bit of an everything palette to use on a daily basis. It's the kind of palette you can do anything with, including contour and highlight. It's an essential piece for anyone really, it has everything you could ever need, and at a great quality for £8.