Charlotte Tilbury Lip Cheat - Pillow Talk

Charlotte Tilbury Lip Cheat - Pillow Talk

4.2

Isododecane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Peg/Ppg-19/19 Dimethicone, Synthetic Wax, Hydrogenated Polydicyclopentadiene, Polyethylene Terephthalate, Nylon-12, C20-40 Alcohols, Perfluorononyl Dimethicone, Synthetic Sapphire, Polyglyceryl-4 Diisostearate/Polyhydroxystearate/Sebacate, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Polyethylene, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Silica, Polyurethane-11, Isoceteth-10, Tin Oxide, Tocopherol, Mica (Ci 77019), Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Iron Oxide (Ci 77491); May Contain Carmine (Ci 75470), Yellow 5 (Ci 19140), Aluminum Powder (Ci 77000), Iron Oxides (Ci 77492, Ci 77499).

on 3/7/2019 9:06:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This pulls really peach on me. I also find it to be a bit too soft to get a good crisp line. I love most of Charlotte’s products, but this was a miss for me. I felt the same way about the lipstick (I got s sample during a Sephora points offer). It washed me out and pulled really peach. I also wasn’t a fan of the pillow talk blush (it went very terra cotta orange on my NC10 skin and the center highlight is straight up orange on me). Loved the eyeshadow quad though!

I love the color and can see the color working well for anyone. It's versatile enough to wear with any color lipstick. The formula is soft which I like as it seems to melt onto the lips....The downsides are that it needs to be sharpened after EVERY use. The soft texture becomes ever so apparent when you see the whole crayon melting onto your sharpener and all contents of your make-up bag. This also means that after a couple good months of use and the lip liner will be worn down to a nub, leaving a lot to be desired in terms of value. As versatile as the color is, It's way too nude and nondescript to justify the price tag.

on 2/3/2019 6:38:00 PM

I don't like this pencil. Not because of the pencil itself, which is basically like most other pencils out there, but precisely BECAUSE it is no better than most other pencils out there, and because it's overhyped, overprice, the shade itself has been oversold. It reminds me of "The Emporer's New Clothes", where something is actually crap, or average, but because someone somewhere hyped it out of control, and somebody believed it, then everybody felt if they had any sense of style they would religiously believe it too. So people started raving way-over-the-top about a boring, average shade of pencil, when you could easily get a better one cheaper elsewhere. Now with the shade, what annoys me about Charlotte Tilbury's site, is that NONE of the shades of anything I've bought look anything like the colour I receive. (No matter what monitor I am viewing it on.) They are always made to look more vibrant, more pink. Why photoshop your swatches when people need to see what they actually look like? I understand some people may find this dull pale brownish-nude nothing-colour appealing, but I was expecting from the pictures that it would have a bit more life in it, a bit more colour (not a lot). My lips have a fair amount of colour to them. I don't want to wear something that makes them look dull, makes my complexion look dead, and makes my eyes un-pop. I'm a MAC NC20, for reference (although MAC ProLongwear is a bit yellow on me, and the NWs are too pink and the neutrals are too dead or not in enough shades). It's not like I can't "get away with" this shade. There's just no point to getting away with it. I don't want to "get away with it", I want my face to kick-arse and look it's best. Why dull yourself down with this dose of beige-magic? I would never buy it again, or any other Charlotte Tilbury lip-product, mainly for the reason (as you will see from reviews on her own site) that the swatches are deceptive. If you order online, it's russian roulette for the face and you have no idea what you're getting. If you have to buy, do it in person, so you can test it out.

on 1/8/2019 10:12:00 PM

I wanted this for the longest time. Thanks to online shopping, CT is now available all over with a small shipping price to pay. No biggie! This is the best investment i have ever made for a lip pencil! Like ever! Im NC37 and it works fine for my lip tone. I just outline the entire lip and fill in with CT bond girl and walk of shame and it sits and blends beautifully with both the lips shades. The soft liner glides so easily like a dream. Feels like a retractable liner. The product feels so soft and smooth. I can literally feel the softness on my lips . It glides like a dream. The only issue is sharpening. My Bobbi Brown sharpener couldn't quite give me the sharp tip i wanted. But ah well, thats ok too. I would def re-purchase. I feel like i finally found the best nude liner i ever wanted! Its a bit pricey, but the quality is soo different from drug store brands, you`ll know and feel the difference instantly! I also like the gold packaging pencil, looks so luxurious and easy to spot in my makeup bag! I would def flip this out in public and do my makeup. The gold pencil with pink -nude shade on the other end looks divine enough for public makeup display! I have found the ultimate lip liner! And the name 'pillow talk' is soo cute. I'm thinking of splurging on the lipstick with the same name. Recommend?Buy? Yes, go now!!!!

Dupe Rimmel East End Snob is way too soft, breakable and a shade darker.

on 12/2/2018 8:24:00 AM

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

I heard so much about this shade everywhere. I purchased two at the same time and don't regret it. This is perfect nude/neutral lip pencil that can go with any shade of lipstick, when you are not sure what lip pencil shade to use with your lipstick.

It glides on smoothly without skipping, but I find I can go through this pencil quickly and require to sharpen the tip frequently so the application goes on the edge of my lips accurately. The lasting power is fairly good and doesn't bleed or smudge away.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

Finally got my hands on this, and I get why the hype.

The only negative is that you need to sharpen it much like the similarly priced MAC lip pencil. Why cheaper brands like Rimmel manage to create a crisp edge on their dial up automatic lip pencils like the much loved East End Snob I don't know.

And for those wondering Rimmel's East End Snob is more of a blue based pink, while Pillow Talk has some peachy brown undertones along with a neutral pink overall shade. Side by side, PT is a touch more nude, a little warmer mauve but both are a mauve base.

If you add just a touch of Rimmel 032 Innocent to the East End Snob you come pretty close. About 2/3 EES to 1/3 Innocent.

The formula is excellent. It has all the creamy goodness of the Rimmel automatic liners, lasting just as long on the lips and a bit of a smoother application. It dries down matte, and makes a decent matte lipstick applied over a balm or a lip primer like MAC prep n Prime lip.

The actual pencil does wear down faster than a drier MAC pencil but both last equally long on the lips. PT just has a softer creamier texture so it goes blunt faster, needing to be sharpened more because every swipe applies more product than the MAC but about what you expect from the Rimmel formula.

If like me you haven't got easy access to Charlotte Tilbury (online at Sephora only for now in Canada, and only available elsewhere at Holt Renfrew in Toronto and Vancouver)

--then good luck finding one to test drive. I bought mine untested, sight unseen from a shipment that came to my Sephora and sold out in hours. Mine was the last one. We won't get anymore CT product till Christmas at the earliest.

So I am giving 2 dupes that I've carefully compared.

Cheapest first: about 2/3 Rimmel East End Snob with a tiny bit -1/3 -of 032 Innocent also by Rimmel. Smush lips together to mix, and the resulting shade is very very close to Pillow Talk.

Equal cost, but far easier to find: MAC's Dervish. It is only a hair different being just a tiny bit more pink. Dervish will last a bit longer being a bit more of a drier stiffer formula but still a great lip product. The PT is so creamy that you run thru it faster.

The other MAC pencils don't come any where near, not Soar, not Boldly Bare, both of which I had wondered about. Dervish remains the closest you'll find in a single pencil.

Yes if you can Pillow Talk IS worth getting your hands on, but if you can't yet, but want to experiment and see if it would look good on you, those dupes can give you some idea.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

If you wanted to try something from the brand, but have no idea where to start, get the Pillow Talk!

This liner will look amazing on pretty much every girl (or boy). Age, complexion and all that stuff do not matter - this colour is universally flattering. I love how it is creamy, yet not too creamy. It is pigmented, yet not strikingly opaque, so that you can easily build it up gradually.

Makes your lips look sexy, pouty and kissable. I am a huge fan now and can see why people were raving so much about it in first place. Not sure why it took me so long to finally try it! For those of you who are curious to know more about her bestsellers, I have unedited swatches, application tips and makeup look in a separate review here (https://www.partyparrotblog.com/single-post/2018/09/16/Full-Face-Of-Charlotte-Tilbury-Bestsellers). I hope it helps!

on 6/8/2018 12:16:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

Okay, so I bought the hype and the pencil. I thought the shade might not work for me, and I was right. On my lipline, this is what's so often described as "nude" but is, on complexions like mine (NC 15-20), orange (like MAC Spice and W&W 666). But the color isn't the only issue. I find it too creamy, which makes it difficult to apply even over my usual lip barrier (concealer pencil like MAC Chromatograph over foundation, blended, then followed by a fairly heavy application of powder--but only on the concealer with a sponge or puff--keeps anything from bleeding and makes a great surface for most liners). I have a really difficult time getting it to adhere, which is usually my last problem using this technique. The wear is also poor, obviously due to the creaminess. I haven't had much luck with CT's products, and this is another for the pile. And my last. Funny how some brands work so well for some and not at all for others, isn't it? Anyway, I'll stick with MAC pencils--they have the best texture for me, and so many shades to choose from.

I have repurchased it 7 times so far and I'm going to purchase it again! I love this shade but as every other lip liner shade it's not going to be everyone's cup of tea. I feel about this lip liner the way the Gollum from Lord of the Rings feels about his PRECIOUS gold ring, okay?

I have light skin with strong yellow undertones (NC20) and my lips aren't pigmented. Most of pinkish nude shades wash me out (NYX SLLP14 NUDE SUEDE SHOES) or other pink shades that look "your lips but better" on others, on me they look dark and more intense( MAC - Soar).

SHADE: This is a light brownish pink shade with a bit of beige. It doesn't look mauve or brown. It's just perfect. On my unpigmented lips all lip products look true to their color. This shade is perfect for me because it goes well with my skintone, gives enough color without making me look overdone, works with all of my pink lipsticks. I have tried so many pink lip liners trying to find my perfect shade and this is the only one that works for me!

SHADE COMPARISONS:
MARC JACOBS - Nude(ist) 300 : It's exactly the same shade and formula/finish, sneaky Marc!
MAC - Dervish: Is a bit close but not identical, it's not as pink and light. But if you like Dervish you are going to like pillow talk too!
MAC - Soar: it's way darker and comparing to pillow talk. Pillow Talk is a nude shade so there's no real comparison here just that both are brown based pinks.
NYX - SLLP14 NUDE SUEDE SHOES: is even lighter and more beige. If you have pigmented lips go for this. I like this shade only when I do a smokey eye look otherwise it washes me out.The NYX is creamier in formula.
COLOURPOP - Aquarius lip liner: It's a bit darker, cool toned and it has almost greyish undertones. It's not a dupe.
KORRES - neutral light: It's an other holy grail almost a universally flattering shade but even though it comes close to the Pillowtalk shade it has more mauve in it and it's slightly cooler whereas Pillow talk looks more neutral.

FORMULA /FINISH: It's waterproof and long lasting. It has a matte finish and it's not particularly creamy. The Kat Von D lip liner lasts longer on me but it's the shade that makes it a must have for me. Shiseido, It Cosmetics, Korres, Marc Jacobs have the same formula/ finish with Charlotte Tilbury lip liners in my opinion. The MAC lip liners feel a bit lighter and Colourpop and KVD acting as liquid lipsticks because they apply creamy but after a few seconds they dry matte so they are quite different.

I love Pillow Talk and I do recommend it, IT'S MY PRECIOUS!!!

on 4/3/2018 5:59:00 AM

I rarely write reviews only if I truly love something and consistently buy it or if I think it's a waste of money.

I was so excited to try this lip liner, MLBB colour, staying power etc I got sucked in by the hype. The pencil itself didn't stand up to the sharpener (not a cheap version, a proper cosmetic one especially for pencil liners) its first try the colour part actually came loose and fell out of the pencil. I got it back in eventually. The colour is ok but not so much that you would be wowed by how beautiful your lips look. Staying power is good and it goes on easy but that's it.

I discovered NYX in peekaboo neutral, which is a known dupe for pillow talk apparently, but for me it's far prettier a colour. I love it, easy to apply,may need to touch up after a few hours but I don't mind because it's half the price of CT.

In summary I was expecting alot better from CT to justify the cost.