Charlotte Tilbury Lip Cheat in Pillow Talk

Charlotte Tilbury Lip Cheat in Pillow Talk

4.3

Isododecane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Peg/Ppg-19/19 Dimethicone, Synthetic Wax, Hydrogenated Polydicyclopentadiene, Polyethylene Terephthalate, Nylon-12, C20-40 Alcohols, Perfluorononyl Dimethicone, Synthetic Sapphire, Polyglyceryl-4 Diisostearate/Polyhydroxystearate/Sebacate, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Polyethylene, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Silica, Polyurethane-11, Isoceteth-10, Tin Oxide, Tocopherol, Mica (Ci 77019), Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Iron Oxide (Ci 77491); May Contain Carmine (Ci 75470), Yellow 5 (Ci 19140), Aluminum Powder (Ci 77000), Iron Oxides (Ci 77492, Ci 77499).

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

The worst feeling in the world is when you are so excited to try something that just doesn't live up to your expectations! I absolutely love this colour on me, but the formula is so drying and sticky that I cannot bare to wear it. I wore it to a wedding and it lasted all through dinner but it started to pull off on my inner lips almost like paint peeling off of a wall. The staying power is incredible, but I feel as though I already have a colour in my wardrobe that is similar and works just as well without the steep price tag and odd formula. Also, I don't get the whole "fuller lip"/lip cheat idea with this liner - any liner can give the effect of fuller lips, this is nothing new or revolutionary.

on 8/13/2017 9:41:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

This was a meh lipliner to me.

I don't get the hype at all!
This pencil isn't very pigmented, and even after applying several layers I can still see my original lip color peeking through!

I'm an N30 and I have moderately pigmented mauve lips naturally.
I'm thinking this would work better if you have pale lips or something.

on 6/14/2017 10:54:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Lovely product to apply, lasts well, colour good to be worn alone or with other lipsticks. I feel like I have other similar products but I keep reaching for this so I have to give it a 5 although I"m sure you could find similar for less $ but I'm happy with it so wont bother.

Pro:
Colour is amazing (for me). Soft nude-pink.
I like the finish of this on its own (creamy and soft to apply, wearable matte, not drying)
When worn with lipsticks helps stop lipsticks migrating.
Packaging. I like the colour on end of lipliners so I can find the one I want in the seas of pencils.

Con:
None really. It is expensive ($35) but it works so not really a con IMO*

*But having said that there are similar shades so if the finish or feel when applying is less important for you then I understand Catrice and No 7 have a reasonably similar dupe (from images I've seen online).

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Of all the CT products I own (and I have several), this one is by far my favorite. I've really been struggling to find a 90s inspired, browny pink nude lip liner, and I've tried so many shades -- they usually pull too brown, sometimes too pink. This one is just right. I am fair skinned (NW15, in the summer), but my lips are strongly pigmented and often cause lip colors to pull strange. This is a color I can wear every day. It's natural, understated, and easy to wear -- close enough to my natural lip color without being invisible. I even wear this on its own as a lip color, since the matching lipstick is sold out. The price is not outrageous, especially compared to other products from the line. I will buy this again and again.

I love this lip liner and am hooked. Just bought my second pencil in this color. Someone suggested that NYX Peekaboo Natural was a dupe, so I bought that one to compare. They are both nudes, yes, but that's where the similarities end. Charlotte Tilbury's Pillow Talk is cooler with more brown and pink in it. NYX's was very peachy when I swatched them side by side, so they are not the same color at all. And the formula? No contest. NYX's pencil rubbed off easily with a Kleenex. Charlotte's is waxier (in a good way) and sticks to the skin - it's waterproof. I had to use makeup remover to scrub it off my arm. When I wear it as a lip liner, it lasts all day. Even if I have to reapply the lipstick in the center, the outline remains. So you really can overdraw the lips with Charlotte's Lip Cheats, whereas doing so with NYX just looks like a kid scribbled outside the lines with a crayon, except that it's on your mouth. Messy. Peekaboo was too orange to look like my real lip shade. Will never buy into the "dupe" thing again. Yes, Charlotte's costs a lot more but it's worth it. I kind of wish I didn't have to sharpen but that's my only complaint. Pillow Talk is the real deal. Perfect nude lip liner for me!

on 7/18/2017 5:46:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

If it weren't for MUA, I would have never found out about this lip pencil. I absolutely love it, it is the perfect shade for me, it's creamy smooth and goes on like a dream. I ordered it on line and it was there in just a couple of days, now I wish I had ordered more, and more colors, but I wanted to try it before I made too much of an investment. Best lip pencil ever! I also bought a MAC liner in "SOAR" and for me, it is way too dark, I will have to save the MAC shade for fall, if I wear it at all.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

2 lippies off for packaging becoz like Deandra I bought the CT special pencil sharpener (USD$7) special thanks to Deandra for her advice on CT products she's an expert!! Talk to Deandra if you need CT help (*waves*) thanks so much. I am forever indebted to D's expertise/advice! I own Pillow Talk (I swear this is like the exact color of my lips!), Kiss & Tell (red goes perf w red carpet red/so Marilyn), Iconic Nude (slightly 90s brown Charlotte's version of MAC Spice but cruelty free! Yay! My personal fave), & Pink Venus (nice with Valentine lipstick a CT dot com exclusive I think it's LE) those are the 4 LipCheats I own. I prefer these to MAC because they are cruelty free & I feel like they are very on-trend colors right now. I can detect the subtle diff's between diff nudes/pinks & Rimmel East End Snob I'm sorry YMMV, but the color is not even the same. NOT a dupe! On me anyways. YMMV! I was on the fence about sending this back til I got Pillow Talk lipstick they are perf together & charlotte is generous w her samples I only spend $68 got a delux supermodel body sample! I bought the kit & caboodle (no not that it's a pun!) from Beautylish who are stingy kind of compared to charlotte. I suggest charlottetilbury.com if you don't have a counter & I ordered blind but I had expert advice! I want #GLOWMO next! Film star bronzer, golden e/s quad & very Victoria lipstick maybe Kim K.W. lipstick if I have any money left over lol I think that's a good haul! I don't buy from Sephora nor ulta much so I can spend on CT!!!

on 3/25/2017 8:24:00 AM

I wanted this item for many months. First, I got Rimmel's East End Snob, to kill the lemming for the Tilbury Pillow Talk pencil. East End Snob is the perfect muted, natural pink, and gives me beautiful Angelina Jolie lips that last a good portion of the day. Probably the best lip pencil I'd ever used, drugstore or high end. I actually tossed out all my other so-so lip pencils because it was that good. And it's under $5. So why did I still fork over a whopping $22 for this? Pink liner is one of the very few items I wear daily. And Pillow Talk is supposedly this best in its class. After discovering East End Snob, I didn't 'need' this. But I don't think I've ever wanted a product for so long, and couldn't resist trying it.

I'm very particular about colors. I prefer natural looking true pinks and most of the lip products that people describe as mlbb are too brown for me. I was a little nervous about this not even showing up after reading some reviews (I have a medium complexion).

When I first put this on, I immediately noticed that it wasn't as pink as Rimmel. I don't know if anyone remembers the wet n wild 666 lipliner, but it is the same sort of tone but with a bit more pink (and I didn't like 666). I gave it some time to grow on me, and boy did it ever. It is in fact a little more brown than East End Snob but it is just enough add an extra bit of sophistication, not muddy the color. It doesn't look made up, it just looks like I have naturally really nice lips.

It glides on effortlessly. I don't have to go over and over to get the product on - one very light swipe does the trick.

I'm more of a lipliner+balm kind of person than lipstick, and this works fine for that. It made it a solid 6 hours looking freshly applied. It leaves a pink stain as it wears off after that, which is wonderful.

I still love East End Snob, and I'll use it on errand days so I can extend the life of my Pillow Talk. I have had lip liners last for years, and I do hope that will be the case with this as it is quite expensive. I am a little concerned about sharpening. Will update if it gets used up obnoxiously fast.

The price is steep, but I had to think about how many lip pencils I waste money from the drugstore or elsewhere over the course of a year, that disappear in an hour or aren't the right color. I'm big into minimizing right now, and would rather have one or two awesome products than a drawer full of stuff that doesn't perform. My search for lip liners ends here :)

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I really do not get the hype surrounding this lip pencil. For me, it provides basically no to hardly any pigmentation at all, I keep going over and over my lips and get a bare trace of color. My lips are not very pigmented; I am currently NC15. But what I mostly first noticed about this at very first swipe was how drying this feels. This does not tug, but feels very drying to me, and my lips are not dry at all, but after using this, they are (even the first few swipes). Maybe this works best in conjunction with the other Charlotte Tilbury lip products (although I have a Charlotte Tilbury lip gloss, also not impressed with). To me, I just find Charlotte Tilbury lip products to be over-rated for what they are, and over-priced for what they are. I would say if you are thinking of getting Pillow Talk, to check out Rimmel's East End Snob lip liner, or even Essence mauve lipliner, both are very similar to me, a better feeling formula, more pigmented, lasts longer, and are a mere fraction of the price. I just do not get the hype. If I did not know any better I would think this was a cheap 99-cent lip liner (which, in my experience, even many of those work better for me).

A funny note about liners. A very knowledgeable friend told me many, many years ago that all liners are made basically at like 2 places, and basically they are all the same (I do not have an official online source, but she knows her stuff). I am beginning to think this is true. I have yet to find a high-end lip liner that is worth it's price. The best (mid-range) ones I have found are Urban Decay's, and even those are not all hits with me, but they are generally a nice formula. I would say Milani and Rimmel, as I mentioned, also have very decent lip liners, and they are very inexpensive. I have heard that Milani's "All Natural" lip liner is a good dupe for Tilbury's Iconic Nude. And that is the end of my random trivia. Have a glorious day. :)

on 5/25/2017 4:37:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This lip liner is the perfect natural shade of pink for my lips. It's gorgeous!
Most liners are either too plum, brown, or fuschia and this one is a "dusty rose" on me.
The negatives are it does feel drier than most lip liners I have tried and it needs to be sharpened often.
One bizarre thing I noticed about it is the smell. It smells like blood! It has a metallic, blood-like smell which is gross. Most cosmetics have a perfumed scent of some kind but not this. I would love to know if anyone else noticed it too or if I just got a bad one.
I love the color, but for the dryness and the cost I would most likely try a different liner.

Popular Lip Liners