Charlotte Tilbury Lip Cheat in Pillow Talk

Charlotte Tilbury Lip Cheat in Pillow Talk

4.3

Isododecane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Peg/Ppg-19/19 Dimethicone, Synthetic Wax, Hydrogenated Polydicyclopentadiene, Polyethylene Terephthalate, Nylon-12, C20-40 Alcohols, Perfluorononyl Dimethicone, Synthetic Sapphire, Polyglyceryl-4 Diisostearate/Polyhydroxystearate/Sebacate, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Polyethylene, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Silica, Polyurethane-11, Isoceteth-10, Tin Oxide, Tocopherol, Mica (Ci 77019), Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Iron Oxide (Ci 77491); May Contain Carmine (Ci 75470), Yellow 5 (Ci 19140), Aluminum Powder (Ci 77000), Iron Oxides (Ci 77492, Ci 77499).

I have repurchased it 7 times so far and I'm going to purchase it again! I love this shade but as every other lip liner shade it's not going to be everyone's cup of tea. I feel about this lip liner the way the Gollum from Lord of the Rings feels about his PRECIOUS gold ring, okay?

I have light skin with strong yellow undertones (NC20) and my lips aren't pigmented. Most of pinkish nude shades wash me out (NYX SLLP14 NUDE SUEDE SHOES) or other pink shades that look "your lips but better" on others, on me they look dark and more intense( MAC - Soar).

SHADE: This is a light brownish pink shade with a bit of beige. It doesn't look mauve or brown. It's just perfect. On my unpigmented lips all lip products look true to their color. This shade is perfect for me because it goes well with my skintone, gives enough color without making me look overdone, works with all of my pink lipsticks. I have tried so many pink lip liners trying to find my perfect shade and this is the only one that works for me!

SHADE COMPARISONS:
MARC JACOBS - Nude(ist) 300 : It's exactly the same shade and formula/finish, sneaky Marc!
MAC - Dervish: Is a bit close but not identical, it's not as pink and light. But if you like Dervish you are going to like pillow talk too!
MAC - Soar: it's way darker and comparing to pillow talk. Pillow Talk is a nude shade so there's no real comparison here just that both are brown based pinks.
NYX - SLLP14 NUDE SUEDE SHOES: is even lighter and more beige. If you have pigmented lips go for this. I like this shade only when I do a smokey eye look otherwise it washes me out.The NYX is creamier in formula.
COLOURPOP - Aquarius lip liner: It's a bit darker, cool toned and it has almost greyish undertones. It's not a dupe.
KORRES - neutral light: It's an other holy grail almost a universally flattering shade but even though it comes close to the Pillowtalk shade it has more mauve in it and it's slightly cooler whereas Pillow talk looks more neutral.

FORMULA /FINISH: It's waterproof and long lasting. It has a matte finish and it's not particularly creamy. The Kat Von D lip liner lasts longer on me but it's the shade that makes it a must have for me. Shiseido, It Cosmetics, Korres, Marc Jacobs have the same formula/ finish with Charlotte Tilbury lip liners in my opinion. The MAC lip liners feel a bit lighter and Colourpop and KVD acting as liquid lipsticks because they apply creamy but after a few seconds they dry matte so they are quite different.

I love Pillow Talk and I do recommend it, IT'S MY PRECIOUS!!!

on 4/3/2018 5:59:00 AM

I rarely write reviews only if I truly love something and consistently buy it or if I think it's a waste of money.

I was so excited to try this lip liner, MLBB colour, staying power etc I got sucked in by the hype. The pencil itself didn't stand up to the sharpener (not a cheap version, a proper cosmetic one especially for pencil liners) its first try the colour part actually came loose and fell out of the pencil. I got it back in eventually. The colour is ok but not so much that you would be wowed by how beautiful your lips look. Staying power is good and it goes on easy but that's it.

I discovered NYX in peekaboo neutral, which is a known dupe for pillow talk apparently, but for me it's far prettier a colour. I love it, easy to apply,may need to touch up after a few hours but I don't mind because it's half the price of CT.

In summary I was expecting alot better from CT to justify the cost.

on 3/5/2018 10:41:00 AM

Holy grail - everything I ever wanted in a lipliner and more. The perfect color and consistency!

on 2/11/2018 6:25:00 PM

I do like this product. I just don't find it distinctive or special enough to warrant the cost or hype There are a few of her items I think are worth the price but ... not this. The talk about this product has always been glowing and I thought the color or consistency of it would be something outstanding. Frankly, I didn't find it much different than some good drugstore liners and certainly not much better than higher end ones from Dior or Chanel. I did not return this - I will use it - but I am not in love with it. Considering the discussion around it ... I should be. If you are going high end, I suggest Dior ( at least you can go into Sephora and select a specific color ) and if you like drugstore, I recommend with NYX or Rimmel.

on 1/29/2018 3:51:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

Gorgeous MLBB. I use it with the lipstick and it is lovely. The pencil is buttersoft, gives good colour pay-off and you can work pretty precisely. Lasts okay, the lipstick is the one that fades a bit too quick too my taste.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is a very nice lipstick if what you want is "your lips but better". It is the exact color of my lips without lipstick. While this could be perfect, I usually like a little more color. It does look nice when you have on a more vivid eye look and want a tamer lipstick. The quality of the packaging is sort of cheap in my opinion. NARS and Estee Lauder lipsticks are much nicer packaging. Overall, I am not all that impressed with Charlotte Tilbury products.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This is seriously the best lipliner! It really is a "lipcheat" you can overline your lips to make them look bigger and it stays put for hours. I have only tried this color but def buying more. worth the $ for sure

on 10/30/2017 4:08:00 AM

Best nude lip liner! The texture, the colour and longevity are fab, the most perfect nude lipliner that works great on almost any skin/lip colour. This universal colour goes beautifully with so many lip products that I don't need to worry buying tons of lipliners for different lipsticks I am wearing. Definitely repurchasing

on 10/17/2017 10:42:00 PM

Sometimes I just want to have a make up with this perfect no make up look. This is IT. This lip liner has superb color. Not too pink and not too brown, just perfect combination. Yes. It can reshape and resize lip to some degree without any drying. Stays beautifully on for a substantial amount of time. And no... not every lip liner will enhance your lips, but this one will.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

The worst feeling in the world is when you are so excited to try something that just doesn't live up to your expectations! I absolutely love this colour on me, but the formula is so drying and sticky that I cannot bare to wear it. I wore it to a wedding and it lasted all through dinner but it started to pull off on my inner lips almost like paint peeling off of a wall. The staying power is incredible, but I feel as though I already have a colour in my wardrobe that is similar and works just as well without the steep price tag and odd formula. Also, I don't get the whole "fuller lip"/lip cheat idea with this liner - any liner can give the effect of fuller lips, this is nothing new or revolutionary.

Popular Lip Liners