Charlotte Tilbury Lip Cheat in Pillow Talk

Charlotte Tilbury Lip Cheat in Pillow Talk

4.3

Isododecane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Peg/Ppg-19/19 Dimethicone, Synthetic Wax, Hydrogenated Polydicyclopentadiene, Polyethylene Terephthalate, Nylon-12, C20-40 Alcohols, Perfluorononyl Dimethicone, Synthetic Sapphire, Polyglyceryl-4 Diisostearate/Polyhydroxystearate/Sebacate, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Polyethylene, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Silica, Polyurethane-11, Isoceteth-10, Tin Oxide, Tocopherol, Mica (Ci 77019), Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Iron Oxide (Ci 77491); May Contain Carmine (Ci 75470), Yellow 5 (Ci 19140), Aluminum Powder (Ci 77000), Iron Oxides (Ci 77492, Ci 77499).

on 10/30/2017 4:08:00 AM

Best nude lip liner! The texture, the colour and longevity are fab, the most perfect nude lipliner that works great on almost any skin/lip colour. This universal colour goes beautifully with so many lip products that I don't need to worry buying tons of lipliners for different lipsticks I am wearing. Definitely repurchasing

on 10/17/2017 10:42:00 PM

Sometimes I just want to have a make up with this perfect no make up look. This is IT. This lip liner has superb color. Not too pink and not too brown, just perfect combination. Yes. It can reshape and resize lip to some degree without any drying. Stays beautifully on for a substantial amount of time. And no... not every lip liner will enhance your lips, but this one will.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Of all the CT products I own (and I have several), this one is by far my favorite. I've really been struggling to find a 90s inspired, browny pink nude lip liner, and I've tried so many shades -- they usually pull too brown, sometimes too pink. This one is just right. I am fair skinned (NW15, in the summer), but my lips are strongly pigmented and often cause lip colors to pull strange. This is a color I can wear every day. It's natural, understated, and easy to wear -- close enough to my natural lip color without being invisible. I even wear this on its own as a lip color, since the matching lipstick is sold out. The price is not outrageous, especially compared to other products from the line. I will buy this again and again.

on 8/13/2017 9:41:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

This was a meh lipliner to me.

I don't get the hype at all!
This pencil isn't very pigmented, and even after applying several layers I can still see my original lip color peeking through!

I'm an N30 and I have moderately pigmented mauve lips naturally.
I'm thinking this would work better if you have pale lips or something.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

The worst feeling in the world is when you are so excited to try something that just doesn't live up to your expectations! I absolutely love this colour on me, but the formula is so drying and sticky that I cannot bare to wear it. I wore it to a wedding and it lasted all through dinner but it started to pull off on my inner lips almost like paint peeling off of a wall. The staying power is incredible, but I feel as though I already have a colour in my wardrobe that is similar and works just as well without the steep price tag and odd formula. Also, I don't get the whole "fuller lip"/lip cheat idea with this liner - any liner can give the effect of fuller lips, this is nothing new or revolutionary.

on 7/18/2017 5:46:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

If it weren't for MUA, I would have never found out about this lip pencil. I absolutely love it, it is the perfect shade for me, it's creamy smooth and goes on like a dream. I ordered it on line and it was there in just a couple of days, now I wish I had ordered more, and more colors, but I wanted to try it before I made too much of an investment. Best lip pencil ever! I also bought a MAC liner in "SOAR" and for me, it is way too dark, I will have to save the MAC shade for fall, if I wear it at all.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

2 lippies off for packaging becoz like Deandra I bought the CT special pencil sharpener (USD$7) special thanks to Deandra for her advice on CT products she's an expert!! Talk to Deandra if you need CT help (*waves*) thanks so much. I am forever indebted to D's expertise/advice! I own Pillow Talk (I swear this is like the exact color of my lips!), Kiss & Tell (red goes perf w red carpet red/so Marilyn), Iconic Nude (slightly 90s brown Charlotte's version of MAC Spice but cruelty free! Yay! My personal fave), & Pink Venus (nice with Valentine lipstick a CT dot com exclusive I think it's LE) those are the 4 LipCheats I own. I prefer these to MAC because they are cruelty free & I feel like they are very on-trend colors right now. I can detect the subtle diff's between diff nudes/pinks & Rimmel East End Snob I'm sorry YMMV, but the color is not even the same. NOT a dupe! On me anyways. YMMV! I was on the fence about sending this back til I got Pillow Talk lipstick they are perf together & charlotte is generous w her samples I only spend $68 got a delux supermodel body sample! I bought the kit & caboodle (no not that it's a pun!) from Beautylish who are stingy kind of compared to charlotte. I suggest charlottetilbury.com if you don't have a counter & I ordered blind but I had expert advice! I want #GLOWMO next! Film star bronzer, golden e/s quad & very Victoria lipstick maybe Kim K.W. lipstick if I have any money left over lol I think that's a good haul! I don't buy from Sephora nor ulta much so I can spend on CT!!!

on 6/14/2017 10:54:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Lovely product to apply, lasts well, colour good to be worn alone or with other lipsticks. I feel like I have other similar products but I keep reaching for this so I have to give it a 5 although I"m sure you could find similar for less $ but I'm happy with it so wont bother.

Pro:
Colour is amazing (for me). Soft nude-pink.
I like the finish of this on its own (creamy and soft to apply, wearable matte, not drying)
When worn with lipsticks helps stop lipsticks migrating.
Packaging. I like the colour on end of lipliners so I can find the one I want in the seas of pencils.

Con:
None really. It is expensive ($35) but it works so not really a con IMO*

*But having said that there are similar shades so if the finish or feel when applying is less important for you then I understand Catrice and No 7 have a reasonably similar dupe (from images I've seen online).

I love this lip liner and am hooked. Just bought my second pencil in this color. Someone suggested that NYX Peekaboo Natural was a dupe, so I bought that one to compare. They are both nudes, yes, but that's where the similarities end. Charlotte Tilbury's Pillow Talk is cooler with more brown and pink in it. NYX's was very peachy when I swatched them side by side, so they are not the same color at all. And the formula? No contest. NYX's pencil rubbed off easily with a Kleenex. Charlotte's is waxier (in a good way) and sticks to the skin - it's waterproof. I had to use makeup remover to scrub it off my arm. When I wear it as a lip liner, it lasts all day. Even if I have to reapply the lipstick in the center, the outline remains. So you really can overdraw the lips with Charlotte's Lip Cheats, whereas doing so with NYX just looks like a kid scribbled outside the lines with a crayon, except that it's on your mouth. Messy. Peekaboo was too orange to look like my real lip shade. Will never buy into the "dupe" thing again. Yes, Charlotte's costs a lot more but it's worth it. I kind of wish I didn't have to sharpen but that's my only complaint. Pillow Talk is the real deal. Perfect nude lip liner for me!

on 5/25/2017 4:37:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This lip liner is the perfect natural shade of pink for my lips. It's gorgeous!
Most liners are either too plum, brown, or fuschia and this one is a "dusty rose" on me.
The negatives are it does feel drier than most lip liners I have tried and it needs to be sharpened often.
One bizarre thing I noticed about it is the smell. It smells like blood! It has a metallic, blood-like smell which is gross. Most cosmetics have a perfumed scent of some kind but not this. I would love to know if anyone else noticed it too or if I just got a bad one.
I love the color, but for the dryness and the cost I would most likely try a different liner.