no images

price range

Reviews

1.0

3 years ago

I really i mean really wanted to like this..BUT THIS IS A HUGE disappointment. I broke me so terribly that i didn't see it coming. I tried so many sunscreen not even one manged to achieve what this one did. Those with sensitive skin beware !On the positive side- It is a lovely texture - the most amazing for a sunscreen and very moisturizing

About reviewer (1 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinNormal, Fair

HairBrunette

EyesBlue

3 years ago

I completely agree with Shopmac. I have tried so many sunscreens for my sensitive 60-year-old rosacea-prone skin and this beats them all. No white cast, (or grey in the case of tinted mineral sunblocks). Although I live in N Europe I appreciate the need to wear a sunscreen everyday. My husband used to call me the Factor 15 Queen. That was 25 years ago when living in Dubai and that was the best you could get for the face. How times have changed. I can now have a Factor 30 that is like a luxury face cream. I use this in the morning as it is moisturising enough for my skin and have had no reactions. It rubs in nicely, leaving no white cast. Makeup and/or primer goes on beautifully. I usually try to buy fragrance-free face creams as that is another potential irritant. I have had no problems with is and find the scent dissipates and is a refreshing rather herbal smell. I wait 15 minutes or so before applying foundation. My foundation is fragrance-free (MAC Studio Sculpt) so no weird competition there. It is VERY pricey but I now have a 2-in-1 for the morning and feel I can have confidence that my ageing skin is being protected. I am now on my second or third tube and I would save my pennies for this one. Bliss!

About reviewer (13 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBlond, Wavy, Fine

EyesHazel

3 years ago

This has to be the absolute best face SPF I have ever tried. I live in Australia and the ozone layer here is quite thin so sun protection is a big issue to get right. I have gone through the gamut of face SPFs and hated most of them (actually all except for this one). La Roche Posay, Neutrogena, ego, Dermalogica, La Mer, Chantecaille, Aesop face spf, Cetaphil Suntivity, Mecca brand, Clinique... and the list goes on... all not meeting up to their hype - too greasy, white cast, strong odour, not great under make up, irritating the eyes and skin, break outs, makes me look orange (yes, that's right, orange!)... you get the picture. The Zelens Daily Defence Sunscreen is a ripper of a product. Invisible, clean feeling and doesn't irritate at all. It has a bit of a pronounced fragrance on application but dissipates after a couple of minutes. My face feels hydrated and not sticky in the slightest. It's a great makeup base but I tend to not need to much of anything else on top as it makes my skin look rather nice on it's own. It also washes off well, which is another problem with other SPF's I've tried. They tend to build up over time and cause further breakouts, but this Zelens one doesn't do that. It may not seem as 'lightweight' as you might first think but it's not overly heavy either and it smears over the face like a nice moisturiser. The final feeling is velvety-smooth. I also like the fact that it's designed by a leading plastic surgeon. If most damage and aging to the skin is the result of sun exposure then I doubt we'd find anyone better to trust when it comes to creating the best shield for our skin. Really worth the money. I'll keep looking into other options from time to time but I highly doubt I'll find a better product.

About reviewer (8 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Olive, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

EyesBrown

5 years ago

Best sunscreen I tried. Haven't been using it for very long, but it just does the job! My skin is very acne-prone and I have to be SO careful with what products I use. This hasn't caused any problems, it just makes my skin look and feel great. It has e nice luxurious feel to it (and it should considering the price) and not that typical greasy feeling of a sunscreen at all. The texture is quite thick but doesn't feel like it's clogging my pores. As my skin is oily, I don't need to use a moisturiser underneath, a serum is definitely enough. I will repurchase, despite the price, love it!

About reviewer (1 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinAcne-prone, Fair

HairBlond

EyesGreen

5 years ago

I have to disagree with the previous post. This is my absolute favorite sunscreen. The only word I can use to describe it is "plush". My skin feels great when I use this and my makeup looks just the way I want it to..dewy and luminous. Love this stuff and just ordered two more tubes when I saw it was no longer available at Space NK I went straight to the Zelens website. Next I want to try the repair balm but it's very $$$ so I will be content with the sunscreen for now. Better than Supergoop, which I had been using. jHas a light citrus smell which dissipates immediately.

About reviewer (2 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinNormal, Fair

HairBrown

EyesGreen

2.0

5 years ago

I bought this sunscreen based on a beauty blogger's rave review. Unfortunately, I hate this and can't return it! First of all, it's expensive ($65 for 1.7 oz of product, made in Italy), which generally doesn't bother me if it's a good product. I justified the purchase by thinking, it's SPF 30, it's my face, I want to take care of my skin, etc. But this sunscreen isn't any different from any other sunscreen that I've used (Neutrogena, LRP, Shiseido, Olay). In fact, it's probably worse. I'm surprised that this contains avobenzone which is a huge bummer. I don't have a chemical/physical sunscreen preference, but I generally avoid products containing avobenzone because it makes my face feel prickly/itchy. This sunscreen was no different. This sunscreen has a light fresh scent that isn't overpowering and you don't need very much to thoroughly cover your face. But by lunchtime, my face is a greasy mess and it looks like my foundation has completely disappeared from my face. I started breaking out when I started using this, but to be fair, I also started using rose hip seed oil as part of my nighttime skincare routine, so I can't definitively blame the painful under-the-skin pimples on this sunscreen. All in all, not a fan of Daily Defence. Instead, I'll stick with Olay Complete sensitive under my foundation (NARS TM or NARS Creamy Radiant compact foundation).

About reviewer (1634 reviews)

Age30-35