The Body Shop Wild Argan Solid Oil Lips

The Body Shop Wild Argan Solid Oil Lips

4.2

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Vitis Vinifera Seed Oil/Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil (Emollient), Ricinus Communis Seed Oil/Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil (Emollient), Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2 (Emollient), Hydrogenated Castor Oil (Emollient), Cera Alba/Beeswax (Emulsifier/Emollient), Parfum/Fragrance (Fragrance), Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil (Skin Conditioning Agent - Emollient), Synthetic Wax (Binder/Emollient), Tocopheryl Acetate (Antioxidant), Ammonium Glycyrrhizate (Flavour), Tocopherol (Antioxidant), CI 77492/Iron Oxides (Colorant), CI 19140/Yellow 5 Lake (Colorant), CI 77491/Iron Oxides (Colorant).

I don't understand the reviews for this one - am I the only one that HATES the taste and smell?? It smells like perfume/soap and even when I don't lick my lips it somehow finds it way into my mouth and it feels like I'm eating perfume!
Eww.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

This is a decent, workhorse lip balm. I have tried everything from carmex to sisley, and this stuff is pretty good. This balm is average as far as balms go, but what is really nice is the price. You get a lot of product for a low price. This may be because argan oil is about midway through the ingredients list (nothing scary, standard stuff otherwise). Great night balm, great protectant- what i like about it is that it feels both healing (like sisley or kiehl's) but also protecting, like labello or chapstick. Nice texture, nice balm- the real winner here is that the price is right. Even though i am not "excited" about this balm, i would definitely rebuy because there is nothing really bad to say about it. Only minor complaint i have is that this could be in stick form, but a lot of balms could be in stick form.

To Read all 6 Reviews, Login or Join

Amazing product and you get a decent amount for the price. Very hydrating and the beeswax protect it against harsh cold air in the winter. I adore the yummy scent and taste, too. Definitely would buy this again in stead of my go-to Whipstick by Lush as this is more reasonably priced. Not the biggest fan of the jar packaging which is a tad hard to open at times. But overall, it's worth 5 lippies.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I have been using this and this lip product only for a few weeks to really get a feel for it and I absultly love it! It gives the perfect amount of hydration and just a little shine. I liked that when I would use it before bed it wouldn't run down my face as I slept. It's nice because it's not so heavy that it can only be used at night.
Pros
Nice subtle scent (I love that it's not food scented or flavored, I tend to lick my lips more when that's the case causing more irritation and dryness)
A slight glossy finish
Perfect texture
Moisturizing
Good for day or night useage
Cons
I don't really see any cons for me. I can see others may think that's on the pricy side. Body shop is almost always running a sale though. I think it's worth it at full price.
Bottom line is I would recommend this to anyone who needs a great lip product! And I will be rebuying this

on 8/26/2014 5:57:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I have been using this for the past 3 days and I think it's hydrating and the smell is quite subtle and soft but it doesn't moisturize as deep as I expected. I have been using Lush's honey trap and although I like the texture of the Body shop's wild argan oil solid lips much better, I find that the Lush one is more moisturizing and penetrates better. Still I love this one and might re-purchase for using on the go and keep the other one for my bedtime routine.

on 8/8/2014 6:47:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

Sweet baby J! Move over L'Occitane Shea Butter lip balm, this is my new baby now! I would marry this solid lip oil if I could. It smells so gorgeous, it's shiny but not too much, it's very moisturizing, NO MINERAL OIL!! and have I mentioned the fragrance..? It smells divine!! Love, love, LOVE!!! Highly recommended!

Popular Lip Treatments