Shea Moisture Jamaican Black Castor Oil Strengthen Grow

Shea Moisture Jamaican Black Castor Oil Strengthen Grow
Jamaican Black Castor Oil Strengthen Grow Jamaican Black Castor Oil Strengthen Grow Jamaican Black Castor Oil Strengthen Grow Jamaican Black Castor Oil Strengthen Grow

4.1

Water (Aqua), Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter*, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Stearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Alcohol, Behentrimonium Chloride, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Panthenol, Glycerin (Vegetable), Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil , Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil , Hydrolyzed Keratin, Fragrance (Essential Oil Blend), Mauritia Flexuosa Fruit Oil, Tocopherol, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice*, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein PG-Propyl Silanetriol, Trifolium Pratense (Clover) Flower Extract, Hydrolyzed Rice Protein, Vinegar, Acetyl Tetrapeptide-3, Niacin, Dextran, Caprylhydroxamic Acid, Caprylyl Glycol, Butylene Glycol, Caramel, Mentha Piperita (Peppermint) Leaf Extract

on 3/16/2019 10:23:00 PM

I used this with the same shampoo for my 2b/c hair. helps male it soft and shiny but maybe a little heavy or greasy for some people.

on 6/26/2018 4:29:00 PM

I have thick, wavy hair and it needed some serious moisture but I found this to be really hard to get through my hair and hard to rinse out. My hair didn't feel any different afterwards. It doesn't have a strong smell. I love this line of facial products but I have yet to be impressed with the hair products. I'll continue my search for the perfect deep conditioner..... I ended up returning the product.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

This is without a doubt the best hair mask that I have ever tried from Shea Moisture. It is very strengthening, but at the same time highly conditioning, moisturizing, and softening to ones hair as well. And, unlike the other hair masks that I have tried from Shea Moisture thus far, this stuff actually has noticeable slip to it.

I used to buy a lot of Shea Moisture products, as the brand as always had a lot of hype surrounding since it came out. So, I was supporting Shea Moisture to the fullest, constantly buying products on BOGO, when the stores would offer them. Now, there did a time in which, I stopped buying Shea Moisture products, and that was out of having become a huge product junkie, and having the itch to always want to try new stuff. So, eventually Shea Moisture, began to fall off my radar, and I having fun enjoying the life of a product junkie.

However, I was diagnosed with having scalp eczema in 2015 and I can say that there are a variety of products out there that I tried that didn't agree with my scalp, I also found out about ingredients that I was allergic to, and that would make my scalp flare up badly. Plus, I had exposed my scalp to harsh chemical processes for quite a long time, and I had to start making wiser choices with the products that I used on my hair and scalp. So, I choose to go back to using Shea Moisture products, with the ones that I love the most coming from their JBCO line.

I do plan to start using this hair mask again, and I do plan to use it with heat, to greater maximize the benefits that this hair mask provides, because with my conditioners nowadays, I use them with heat. Never without heat.

With the JBCO line, even though I have a very sensitive scalp, and I have sensitive acne prone skin as well, the products from this particular line that I've tried does aggravate my acne prone skin, or cause me to have any type of allergic reaction, or cause my scalp to flare up like it's on fire.

My only wish is that Shea Moisture will offer this hair mask in a much bigger size, since it truly is worth it!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Shea Moisture isn't a particularly expensive brand; their products run in the $8-$15 range, and yet they consistently work better for me than any number of salon quality, high-end hair products. They cater more towards curly and coily hair and really seem to load their products with hydrating ingredients as opposed to just loading them with silicones or oils. Don't get me wrong, my hair actually loves both silicones and oils, and I haven't had much success in staying silicone-free over the years, but Shea Moisture is a more natural alternative for those of you who are dealing with heavily damaged hair that needs extra TLC.

The smell of this is absolutely heavenly, just like the complimenting hair masque- buttercream vanilla at its finest. The packaging is a tub, which is not everyone's favorite, but it enables you to get every bit of product which I do appreciate.

A little of this goes a LONG way, and this can easily weigh your hair down, so unless you're dealing with very thick and coarse hair, a dime-sized amount is going to suffice. I would say avoid your roots, because this can create serious flat-head if you're not careful. Shea Moisture is a brand that is frequently misunderstood because it can be heavily moisturizing (hence the name) and the bottom line is that thin hair, limp or fine hair can easily be overwhelmed by these products and end up looking lank or greasy.

Final thoughts: my hair feels softer and less dry and damaged at the ends when I apply this. I have a lot of products that work just fine for everyday use, but when my hair is parched and needs rescuing, this will be the leave-in I turn to.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This is salon quality treatment at home! The texture and smell is lovely, and it leaves hair feeling restored and stronger. I actually mean stronger too! It almost densifies my hair. Absolutely love it! Also it lasts ages, I've had it four months, and it's only half way through. And I will repurchase (if I ever manage to mask my way through it all).

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Love the masque but not this leave in conditioner! I have dry frizzy hair after years of straightening, I don't have Afro hair. I used this and it was like thick wax and greasy! I had to wash it out. Probably best for Afro hair!

on 1/8/2017 3:29:00 PM

This hair mask works very well. It does have protein in it. So you can't leave it on for hours and hours. But it works really well if you follow the directions. I didn't use it with heat and it still worked very well. My hair doesn't need protein as much as it needs moisture. I find this one is a nice balance for when I do want to use something that has some protein in it. I have used Joico K Pak many times and I prefer this. The scent is sort of vanilla like. It isn't a strong smell and it doesn't linger in the hair after rinsed out. I rotate my hair masks. I liked this one enough to buy 2 jars when Ulta had it on sale. I got a small packet first to try it. Target and Ulta has those. That way you can see how your hair reacts to it without buying a whole jar. I find the Shea Moisture products to be loaded with quality ingredients and they work really well.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Although the packaging could be improved (the product is quite thin for a jar package and would do better in a tube of some sort) this is a pretty great hair product. I've actually been using it as a blow dry balm and the protein in it holds the hair well. I use argan oil and then apply a quarter size of this all over my hair. I let my hair air dry for about 20 minutes then blow dry with a blow dry brush. My hair is soft, shiny, and feels healthier. Using this leave in with the argan oil produces comparable results to my Alterna blow dry balm (which is an amazing product but is never in stock). The jar will probably last me a long time since I don't use much of it (too much will definitely weigh down my hair). I bought it for about $10 at wegmans so definitely a great deal!

on 12/21/2016 8:59:00 PM

This whole line is amazing
I know this is very popular with women of color who have natural hair, but I have thin blonde hair that's prone to breakage and this has been a life saver for me. I notice my hair is stronger, has less split ends, and less shedding after using this.

This leave in conditioner is thin, which makes it easy to coat all your strands, but it is heavy enough to provide plenty of moisture. You definitely don't need a lot. When using this, my hair is much softer, shinier, healthier, flows better, and is tangle free. This doesn't leave a coating on my hair, but I do need to use a mild clarifying shampoo every once and a while when using these products because there is buildup after a few uses. It smells good, like warm oil and vanilla and kind of like playdoh.

I also have the heat protector spray from this line (love it. it sprays out in a fine mist) and the oil serum (which I use on my roots weekly as an extra conditioning treatment).

I was going to give this five stars, but it's not perfect. It will weigh your hair down if you're not careful. It can get greasy really quickly. It's great that it doesnt have sulfates and other harsh ingredients in it, but it does have some alcohol and filler, it's not a completely pure product. Don't get me wrong, the ingredients are great for the price, but this is conditioning-based; if you want to add more strength you'll need to go for something with keratin and more protein instead. If you truly want to grow your hair you'll need something stronger, perhaps with mioxidil in it.
This product conditions hair very very well and makes it healthier to reduce breakage so you think the hair is growing more, but in reality it is just making hair easier to grow in a healthier setting, it's not actually strong enough to bring back lost hairs (it doesnt claim to, but the name can be misleading. It's to grow and strengthen existing hairs, not promote many new hairs).

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I use this weekly. its super moisturizing and my fine hair appreciates the shot of protein. its also easy to layer with other products, so I use it with Kinky Curly knot today and some gel, or even a bit of almond oil on my ends. It does buildup more than many other all-natural products, so make sure after a few weeks you clarify: you cant just co-wash it out.