ColourPop Eyeshadows (all)

4.2

on 6/15/2017 9:43:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I only have one shade at the moment but I plan to buy more. These eyeshadows are very pigmented, no fallout and they have a ton of gorgeous and fun colors!

What is there not to love about Colour Pop! It's such a shame we don't have in the UK. Great products, high pigmentation and the packaging is so fun. It's like they care about everything.

I love the simple styling and the simple fun look. They come in some great colours and I'll be getting more next time I go the US!

Please come to the UK!

on 6/7/2017 12:51:00 AM

I've only tried the Super Shock Shadows. I've tried the shades Sequin, Stereo, Drift, Liberty, Glitterati, Smash, Cusp, Sugar, Hydroplane and Ignition. They were the Ultra-Glitter, Satin and Ultra-Metallic formulas.

They are very creamy and easy to apply and blend. I personally find it easier to apply them with a finger because it is a light cream formula. Looking at the packaging, you don't get as much as you'd think and I can start to feel the pan after 3-4 uses. I'm going to be hitting pan on these soon.

Sequin is a copper Ultra-Glitter formula. I was hoping to use this all over the lid with Stereo as the crease, but Sequin is much darker than depicted online. It could easily be a crease/outer corner colour for me. Using it all over the lid made me look like I was punched in the eye. It is really pigmented with a metallic/glitter finish that lasts very well. I do really like this shade anyway.

Stereo, another Ultra-Glitter, was also darker than expected. It is a metallic glittery red-purple. It is a little too dark for me on an everyday basis, but it does match well with Sequin. It also has great pigment and lasts.

Drift is a satin cranberry with shimmer. It wasn't as pigmented as I expected, but I didn't mind since I am pretty pale. I found that it faded more quickly than the glitter formulas.

Liberty is a metallic silver colour. It applies really smoothly and it quite pigmented. It isn't too shiny, just a nice silver sheen. It also lasts a very long time.

Glitterati is a white shadow with gold glitter. This is one of my favorites. I have difficulty with white or very light powder shadows showing up on my skin so the cream formula was perfect. I was very happy with the pigment and it's great for highlighting the inner corner of the eye. Like the other glitter formulas, it was very long lasting.

Smash is a satin golden nude. I was a bit disappointed in this because it is quite sheer and does fade quickly. I do like this shade for when I'm running out the door or minimal makeup days.

Cusp is a bright glittery green. This might be my favorite. It is bright, but not too bright and it is so pretty. It is so wearable for a bolder shade. I get compliments on it all the time. Again, great pigment and wear.

Sugar is a very light blue with light glitter. This is great for the inner corner and is so cute.Pretty good pigment and staying power as always.

Hydroplane is a darker blue with green glitter. It is pigmented but easy to blend out. It looks gorgeous with Cusp.

Ignition is a glittery lavender. I would say this is the least pigmented of the glitter shadows but it is very versatile as an all over lid, transition or crease colour.

As anyone reading can tell, I like the glitter formulas the most so far (I want to try more metallic shades). I find they have the most pigment and have a gorgeous sheen that isn't too out there (plus what teen or 20 something doesn't like glitter). Despite the eyeshadow having quite a bit of glitter, it is really fine. It is comfortable during application, wear and removal, as in no scratching like other glitter products.I find they all do not dry too quickly, making them easy to layer multiple shades. It also feels really light on the lid as many cream shadows can weigh down your eyelids. I think these are very fun and affordable as far as single eyeshadows go.

on 5/27/2017 8:35:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

This was my first eye shadow purchase from ColourPop (in the shade LaLa) and I have to say these did not live up to the hype. Upon initial swatch, these appear pigmented and creamy (on the fingertip that swatched them) but didn't translate to the hand or lid that was being swatched. I've tried using setting spray and different eye shadow brushes, but I truly haven't been able to get these to "pop" at all. I don't know if I got a dud, but I probably won't repurchase. The packaging is meh and can be kind of hard to close properly due to the screw top. The shadow itself is pretty soft.

I can't speak for the other colourpop e/s formulas (i.e pressed shadows) b/c I never tried them, but the super shock shadows are hands down, the best eyeshadows I have ever tried from low end to high end. The texture is what I would describe as cream to powder finish. They work best with fingers, but also work with any eye brushes. I never bought into the hype when it was first launched because I was so skeptical of YouTubers shilling them on their videos, but these super shock formulas actually live up to their hype. They are the epitome of good price and good quality. I highly recommend subscribing to their newsletter, so you can look out for special offers or sales and do a haul on these gems.

I love their lip products and their highlighters but I just can't use their eyeshadows.

They are hard to apply, powdery and blend and fade just as quickly. If you work out the weight to cost ration they end up being quite expensive.

Their duo chromes which I was really interested in turned out to be a muddy mess which didn't keep its colour, if you want to purchase a really good duo chrome which actually works, stays put and looks stunning all day. Try the Zoeva brand.

This company has grown so big but their customer service has not grown with it, I have found them to be quite rude,, unresponsive at times and totally unhelpful when it comes to broken, destroyed or below par products which need returning. They sure do make you jump through hoops and treat you like a scabbing cheater trying to rip them off when they are the ones doing the rip off.

There are many other companies out there that offer great products with fantastic customer service, I suggest you shop around.

You get what you pay for but sometimes what seems like a lot of product is next to nothing wrapped up in pretty packaging.

I bought a few of the eyeshadows and I am in love! The only issue is the price of getting them to the UK due to import fees and tax so it's best getting them when there is an offer. The colours are incredible and we'll pigmented. They blend really well and last, I'm always looking to getting more and growing my collection. A definite buy!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

I bought the shades "Boy Band" and "Liberty" about a month ago and I'm in love with them! They're super pigmented and stay on my eyes all day. I would describe them as a cream to powder formula, cause when you swatch them, they almost feel wet to the touch but they dry powdery. These are awesome for $5!

on 5/11/2017 7:24:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I have extremely oily and acne prone skin. I'm also very fair. I'll start off by saying that I generally really like the ColourPop super shock shadows, and I've ordered some of the newer pressed eyeshadows which I'm looking forward to trying out.

These eyeshadows DO NOT BUDGE, even on my oily skin. My eyelids tend to get oily sometimes. I use a very affordable eye primer by Elf underneath all my shadows, which probably helps a lot with keeping everything in place. I would recommend using a primer with all ColourPop eyeshadows.

The colours are gorgeous and highly pigmented.

On one instance, one of my super shock shadows arrived damaged, but it was very easy to smooth out so I have no issues with it.

All ColourPop shadows are a bit pricey in my opinion. They are 5 USD (however, I live in Australia and with conversions each eyeshadow is actually $6.78, which I would consider pricey for an individual shadow). It would be worth buying these shadows while they're on sale though.

One thing that I haven't been amazed by is the matte super shock shadows. They're pretty standard. In fact, regular shadows are easier to blend. The matte super shock shadows are difficult to use with a brush, so it's best to apply them using your fingers. The formula is a bit odd... It's like a gel/cream? type of formula, but also feels powdery and dries down to a powdery matte finish. It can look very nice though, so I'm definitely not disappointed by the matte super shock shadows. I would just prefer the pressed shadows instead.

Pros:
- gorgeous colour selection
- very pigmented
- relatively easy to blend (super shock shadows)
- decent packaging (but not the best)
- lasting power is very long, but I would recommend using a primer

Cons:
- a little pricey for individual shadows
- can arrive damaged (super shock shadows; however it is easy to smooth out)

Overall, I would recommend these. However, if you're a first time ColourPop buyer I would recommend buying 1 or 2 shadows to begin with (preferably different finishes to see how you'll like the formula). If you enjoy using them, then I guess they can be worth the individual price. I will be purchasing more shades in the future.

First, I will be the first to admit that I am a fool. I spent over $500 on makeup from this brand with out checking this website. I went on Instagram and fell in love. What an idiot and returns are almost impossible with Colourpop. 2 items were damaged. I had ordered another palette, might I add from Adept Cosmetics (another Instagram brand) and they not only refunded me but replaced the item when that too arrived broken!! I guess Colourpop is too large of a company to offer that kind of service. Anyway, their lip glosses are terrible. They're drying and they remind me of the colors I wore in high school because I was too poor to buy real makeup -- a frosty, dollar store, mess. The eyeshadows are the same and the fallout is horrible. I get eyeshadow dust all over the bottom of my eye. I don't know why I expected more for a mere $5.00 a pop. But I just as easily could have gone to the drugstore and bought a better quality "Made in China" shadow from WetnWild. Am I upset that I spent $500 on makeup -- or that I spent $500 on crappy makeup with too much hype -- I don't know. I could have spent this money at Sephora. Ugh. Please. Tell me if I'm over reacting. I will adjust this review as time goes on and I calm down, I'm sure. P.S. I also placed this review in another ColourPop Eyeshadow review board on here. I don't know why there are two. I bought the magnetic eyeshadows and the ones in the pot and both are cheap dollar store crap.