ColourPop Eyeshadows (all)

ColourPop Eyeshadows (all)

4.1

I bought the Kathleen Lights Zodiac palette and I love it! Especially since my name is also Kathleen. The colors are beautiful and blend well with little fallout. There's a good mix of metallic and matte shades. I also love the packaging it's very cute with signs of the zodiac on it. You can create a good variety of looks with this palette and I also use some of the metallics as lip toppers and highlighters. Good value for the price.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I love super shock shadows and wear them daily! They have truly unique texture, staying power, and a huge array of interesting colors.

Reading these reviews has left me a little frustrated. Super shock formula is meant to be applied with your finger or a synthetic brush. These are the most pigmented shadows I’ve ever used. I apply to my lid with my finger and blend out with a fluffy synthetic brush for a one and done. Please if you have these and dismissed them, try these tips and see if you still feel the same way.

on 6/19/2018 9:35:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I picked up the shade "DGAF" yesterday. As colors go, it's gorgeous. It's a pinky mauve/brown base with coppery glitter, and it's absolutely stunning. And the wear time is pretty decent.

However, I will be returning this. The formula is simply too soft, and crumbled apart as soon as I touched it. Perhaps I got a dud, but to be honest, all the pots of this shade at Ulta looked broken. I can't say if that's the case for every shade, but that's a dealbreaker for me. I hate messy product.

Also, this wasn't quite as pigmented as I'd hoped. There was no tester for this shade, so I bought semi-blind, hoping for intense payoff. Even over primer, it's quite sheer. It's very pretty, but just not what I was looking for.

Price-wise, these are inexpensive shadows (even though it doesn't seem like you get much). But the packaging is awful. It feels cheap and immediately wants to cross-thread when you close it. Seeing as these need to be kept tightly shut lest they dry out, that could pose quite a big problem.

on 5/7/2018 10:36:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Just got my order in from Colourpop. I ordered 6 supershock eyeshadows. Sadly I didn't look st reviews first. I am kinda disappointed with all 6. They look so pretty in the pan but that's where it ends for me. The pigment is not very good to put it nicely. They are very glittery which would be great if there was also good pigment to them. I found them very hard to apply well and evenly. Blending was difficult as well. Overall not a win for me. I don't see myself reaching for them much if at all. Luckily they aren't expensive so I will just rack this one as a loss.

Update- So I have been trying these again. I hate having such pretty colors and not enjoying them. In my tryouts I realized that with the texture of these a synthetic brush might work better. Well holy moly it sure did. I was finally able to get great color payoff. So much better with these than my regular brushes. If you are having issues like I was try using synthetic brushes instead. Hope this helps.

on 4/29/2018 5:49:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Swatching Colourpop (now in-store!) is so fun - their colors are vibrant, plush, and so mesmerizing. I highly suggest finding Sailor and getting it - photos online don't do it justice.

It's a pale beige with an aquamarine shift and glitter, and I usually don't go for bright eyeshadows but this color makes me feel adventurous!!! Lots in my current collection are neutral and run more gray/muted. I'm thinking about picking up Set To Stun and a few other sparkly SSEs to add to my collection!

on 4/26/2018 12:44:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I'm on the bandwagon with these e/s. I have mature, dry skin and the older I get, the more trouble I have with e/s making me look worse rather than better. This mousse-y formula glides over the eyelids and looks lovely. It lasts great too with a primer. Truth is my daily shade and I repurchase two at a time. I generally do a single all-over shade, so I can't comment about issues with blending and layering. I could see how that might be a problem. I have a glittery shade for evening and it does have fall out. However, the formula and price easily make up for any short comings. I have not been as impressed with other CP products, but the e/s are awesome in my opinion.

on 4/2/2018 7:31:00 PM

First experience with the brand was to sample three of their Super Shock eyeshadows: Melrose (a matte brick shade), Set to Stun (glittery pale pink), and Sailor (glittery champagne).

The price is very reasonable at $5 a pop (pun intended) and the packaging is appealing and practical. However, the formula left much to be desired.

The shades all look beautiful in their little pressed power pans, but only the matte Melrose had any pigmentation at all with application. Melrose applied smoothly, blended evenly, and had pretty good pigmentation. It was the color itself I wasn’t a big fan of - it looks bronzy in the compact but is much more red on, which you’ve got to have superior makeup talent or just the right coloring to pull off - and I’ve neither.

The other two shadows, both ultra glitter formulas, are all sparkle and no show. Despite looking gorgeous in the box, once applied, all that shows up are the chunky glitter bits. They majorly lack in pigmentation and have basically none of their color/shade come through in application. Further, the glitter isn’t without fallout.

Overall I wasn’t impressed and wouldn’t buy these particular shadows again. I would possibly try more of the matte shades from the brand but I’m not in any hurry based on what I’ve tried so far.

on 3/4/2018 4:27:00 PM

I'm late to the game on this brand, I'm an instant gratification type shopper and don't do much online shopping, as I like to actually SHOP in store, and living in Southern California there's always great stores/malls/outlets on every corner..now that Colourpop is at Ulta, I decided to pick up a couple (or 7 products! Lol). Very happy with the overall quality and price. I picked up 4 shadows in different finishes, 1 highlighter, and 2 liquid lippies. The shadows are buttery and pigmented, long lasting, and a great value for the $.. I don't give a lot of 5 star reviews, but these are a solid 4.6, and deserve a full 5 because the price and quality alone.. Definitely recommend. Guess I will have to do mail order to try the Ultra blotted lippies, and Lip Stix that twist up.. Hopefully Ulta will get those too! ❣💋💅💄☺🎈

I have three of these shadows and they are definitely pretty. I love them. But not their powder shadows.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I want to review a few of Super Shock shadows (ultra-glitter finish), as well as their new All I See Is Magic palette.

Haven't tried anything else from the brand before, but these products are really nice and affordable. Heard great things about their newest palettes and have to say (although I am still loyal to MUG) these are very impressive. All I See Is Magic palette in particular (their holiday edition) is so pretty. You get 15 colours for 20 USD and they all look so good. You get mattes, shimmers and somewhat foiled shadows too. You can see unedited swatches here (http://www.partyparrotblog.com/single-post/2018/01/16/All-I-See-Is-ColourPop). I must say that I was quite happy with my choice and the brand's mattes in particular are so pigmented, a touch powdery, but nothing like ABH Subculture (if you know what I mean). They blend effortlessly and last a very good time.

Super Shock Shadow in I Heart This is every glitter-lover dream. It is the best shadow topper, that will spice up even the most boring all matte shadow look. Just pop it on the centre of your lid - boom! Suddenly you rock a very effortless JLo look. Shade Bae, on the other hand, is a bit tricky, so my advice is - stick to metallics and shimmers that are of silver/gold/copper shades (they just blend and look better than others). Not bad ColourPop! Will certainly try more next time.