ColourPop Eyeshadows (all)

ColourPop Eyeshadows (all)

4.2

I love these shadows. I have purchased about 10 of them so far. I wish they were easier to apply with a brush, but they do the job well and are beautiful. I use several of them as a highlight, too.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

The metallic and glitter finishes are great for dabbing on some extra glitter and shine to an eye look. Don't bother using these with brushes, you're better off smudging the product with a finger or one of those plastic foam eyeshadow applicators. I own over 15 and they're all great. The micro glitter is always beautiful and these babies don't crease until after about 9 to 10 hours of wear. However, I've noticed that the actual pan comes unglued from the plastic container way too easily. Colourpop's manufacturer uses glue that never dries. So you're stuck with a gooey mess if you get lucky enough to catch the pan on its way out.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

ColourPop's Super Shock shadows are nice, and they often have really pretty glimmery finishes, but I don't think I would really purchase many more of them. For the price, you don't really get a lot of product for your money; some people might be okay with that, but I find that hitting pan after only a few uses isn't really nearly as satisfying as it sounds. Also, once you hit pan, it seems like the consistency of the shadows changes and it becomes kinda flakey. I have had a couple of them dry out too, in spite of the lids being on tight and being stored upside down in the case of one that got really gross in no time at all. The ones I own are pretty, and they look nice on the eye, but I also find the formula to be a bit of a pain to work with. Some people can get these shadows to work well with brushes, but I can't. I don't mind patting them on, but for me, that really limits how they can be used. I will continue to use what I have and use it up if possible, but I wouldn't replace them with more of these shadows from CP.

I LOOOOVVVVEEEEE these eyeshadows and colourpop as a whole they have some of the best eyeshadows I've ever tried and just are incredible not to mention the prices are phenomenal as well!

on 6/15/2017 9:43:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I only have one shade at the moment but I plan to buy more. These eyeshadows are very pigmented, no fallout and they have a ton of gorgeous and fun colors!

What is there not to love about Colour Pop! It's such a shame we don't have in the UK. Great products, high pigmentation and the packaging is so fun. It's like they care about everything.

I love the simple styling and the simple fun look. They come in some great colours and I'll be getting more next time I go the US!

Please come to the UK!

on 6/7/2017 12:51:00 AM

I've only tried the Super Shock Shadows. I've tried the shades Sequin, Stereo, Drift, Liberty, Glitterati, Smash, Cusp, Sugar, Hydroplane and Ignition. They were the Ultra-Glitter, Satin and Ultra-Metallic formulas.

They are very creamy and easy to apply and blend. I personally find it easier to apply them with a finger because it is a light cream formula. Looking at the packaging, you don't get as much as you'd think and I can start to feel the pan after 3-4 uses. I'm going to be hitting pan on these soon.

Sequin is a copper Ultra-Glitter formula. I was hoping to use this all over the lid with Stereo as the crease, but Sequin is much darker than depicted online. It could easily be a crease/outer corner colour for me. Using it all over the lid made me look like I was punched in the eye. It is really pigmented with a metallic/glitter finish that lasts very well. I do really like this shade anyway.

Stereo, another Ultra-Glitter, was also darker than expected. It is a metallic glittery red-purple. It is a little too dark for me on an everyday basis, but it does match well with Sequin. It also has great pigment and lasts.

Drift is a satin cranberry with shimmer. It wasn't as pigmented as I expected, but I didn't mind since I am pretty pale. I found that it faded more quickly than the glitter formulas.

Liberty is a metallic silver colour. It applies really smoothly and it quite pigmented. It isn't too shiny, just a nice silver sheen. It also lasts a very long time.

Glitterati is a white shadow with gold glitter. This is one of my favorites. I have difficulty with white or very light powder shadows showing up on my skin so the cream formula was perfect. I was very happy with the pigment and it's great for highlighting the inner corner of the eye. Like the other glitter formulas, it was very long lasting.

Smash is a satin golden nude. I was a bit disappointed in this because it is quite sheer and does fade quickly. I do like this shade for when I'm running out the door or minimal makeup days.

Cusp is a bright glittery green. This might be my favorite. It is bright, but not too bright and it is so pretty. It is so wearable for a bolder shade. I get compliments on it all the time. Again, great pigment and wear.

Sugar is a very light blue with light glitter. This is great for the inner corner and is so cute.Pretty good pigment and staying power as always.

Hydroplane is a darker blue with green glitter. It is pigmented but easy to blend out. It looks gorgeous with Cusp.

Ignition is a glittery lavender. I would say this is the least pigmented of the glitter shadows but it is very versatile as an all over lid, transition or crease colour.

As anyone reading can tell, I like the glitter formulas the most so far (I want to try more metallic shades). I find they have the most pigment and have a gorgeous sheen that isn't too out there (plus what teen or 20 something doesn't like glitter). Despite the eyeshadow having quite a bit of glitter, it is really fine. It is comfortable during application, wear and removal, as in no scratching like other glitter products.I find they all do not dry too quickly, making them easy to layer multiple shades. It also feels really light on the lid as many cream shadows can weigh down your eyelids. I think these are very fun and affordable as far as single eyeshadows go.

on 5/27/2017 8:35:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

This was my first eye shadow purchase from ColourPop (in the shade LaLa) and I have to say these did not live up to the hype. Upon initial swatch, these appear pigmented and creamy (on the fingertip that swatched them) but didn't translate to the hand or lid that was being swatched. I've tried using setting spray and different eye shadow brushes, but I truly haven't been able to get these to "pop" at all. I don't know if I got a dud, but I probably won't repurchase. The packaging is meh and can be kind of hard to close properly due to the screw top. The shadow itself is pretty soft.

I can't speak for the other colourpop e/s formulas (i.e pressed shadows) b/c I never tried them, but the super shock shadows are hands down, the best eyeshadows I have ever tried from low end to high end. The texture is what I would describe as cream to powder finish. They work best with fingers, but also work with any eye brushes. I never bought into the hype when it was first launched because I was so skeptical of YouTubers shilling them on their videos, but these super shock formulas actually live up to their hype. They are the epitome of good price and good quality. I highly recommend subscribing to their newsletter, so you can look out for special offers or sales and do a haul on these gems.

I love their lip products and their highlighters but I just can't use their eyeshadows.

They are hard to apply, powdery and blend and fade just as quickly. If you work out the weight to cost ration they end up being quite expensive.

Their duo chromes which I was really interested in turned out to be a muddy mess which didn't keep its colour, if you want to purchase a really good duo chrome which actually works, stays put and looks stunning all day. Try the Zoeva brand.

This company has grown so big but their customer service has not grown with it, I have found them to be quite rude,, unresponsive at times and totally unhelpful when it comes to broken, destroyed or below par products which need returning. They sure do make you jump through hoops and treat you like a scabbing cheater trying to rip them off when they are the ones doing the rip off.

There are many other companies out there that offer great products with fantastic customer service, I suggest you shop around.

You get what you pay for but sometimes what seems like a lot of product is next to nothing wrapped up in pretty packaging.