ColourPop Eyeshadows (all)

ColourPop Eyeshadows (all)

4.2

on 4/5/2017 11:42:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Out of all the products Colourpop has, I absolutely love and undoubtedly recommend their eyeshadows.

Super easy to blend, apply really well, very pigmented and last. I recommend anyone to start off with the Kathleen Lights four-some "Where the light is". I really love how how much my brown eyes pop when I mix the two glittery eyeshadows (Kathleen Lights and Blaze) together.

on 4/3/2017 1:42:00 PM

I'm late to the ColourPop eyeshadow bandwagon, but finally broke down and bought Bae, as it had appealed to me for some time.

I've grown to really like shimmery, glittery or duochrome shadows, and with my green eyes I like eggplants and purples for my eyes. Bae is not disappointing me in the least. It really is a beautiful eggplant purple that was enough red to it that it makes my eyes pop, but it's not so red that it makes me look sick. The base seems either like a really fine shimmer or possibly even a matte. It glides on like velvet, though, and when you first touch it with your finger it feels intriguing cool to the touch, and almost like there's a soft squish. I have to tell myself to stop touching it, but it's hard with that texture and how pretty it looks in the pan, with the deep purple reminiscent of the night sky which then looks more sparkly in some lights and more eggplant at other angles.

You get nice visual interest with the fine blue glitter (it almost looks teal in some light). It's really pretty, blends well, and builds up well, too. It also stays on without traveling.

I like this so much I've already placed an order for a couple more shadows.

on 3/28/2017 2:27:00 PM

I love the eyeshadow colors... BUT, this thing makes my eyes really mucousy and allergic. Can't stand on my eyes for half a day and my eyes would get teary and it all messed up. After my eyes would get super red and burning. I dont know what it causes all that, my eyes are not that sensitive to most of other brands. On top of that, I feel Colourpop should really figure out a better way for eyeshadow application. I use my fingers, but when my nails get slightly longer, it's extremely hard to apply cp eyeshadows with fingers. Last but not least, their matte eyeshadows get dry super fast.

To wrap up, CP eyeshadows make my eyes irritated; it's hard to apply, and it gets dry easy. It could be for fun, but I won't be repurchasing.

on 3/25/2017 1:45:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

So I bought flipper after watching and reading so many rave reviews on these but I don't think this particular one lives up to the hype. It looks like a beautiful pale and glittery tangerine in the pot and has a lovely wet texture, but it doesn't have any pigment once you actually apply it on the eyes even with your fingertips. It's just a light orange glitter which isn't what I wanted. I suppose this is a good topper but that would make it like pink sugar from the too faced palettes, which doesn't have any pigmentation either. I suppose for $5, this isn't a big loss but there isn't much product in here regardless of the price. I wouldn't repurchase this one in particular but I might consider trying others that aren't glittery. The wear time is pretty good on this though; unlike pink sugar, there isn't massive fallout. I have to apply three layers with my fingertip to get some color; it looks pretty once it's on tho.

Update: I tried kathleenlights and it is a beautiful metallic orange-gold color with a rich, creamy formula that just glides on the eyes and lasts all day. Conclusion: not all of these are made equal.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I agree with user CDJ below; the eye shadows with sparkle fade quickly. I own wattles. It's a pinky nude with light sparkles. If you don't use a primer before hand and set it, it fades within two hours. A primer, such as Urban Decay's, does help with longevity.

I will not be purchasing more of these eyeshadows because it's just a whole other investment. You have to buy all the individual pots. You don't know exactly what the colors will look like until they arrive (unless you live in LA or can visit Colourpop's store). You can only use these cream shadows with each other. Which means if you are like me, and you have powder shadows, you can't incorporate any of them into these eye looks. Applying Colourpop's shadows is best with a finger. Otherwise, you need to have dense synthetic brushes on hand. You need to have a couple of these brushes because you can't use a color switch to clean the brushes in between colors.

Overall, these shadows are just too much work. Not buying any more.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I'm reviewing this after my first purchase from this brand, it was mostly eyeshadows.

The first product I purchased was the Kathleen Lights - Where The Light Is set:

Let me tell you, I was not disappointed. The colors are beautiful and the eyeshadow is so silky and soft. I applied them all with my finger and they would glide on beautifully. I guess the biggest con is the fact that it looks way better when applied with your fingers, so you have to get your hands dirty instead of using a brush. Plus it doesn't give you the most precise application possible. I did dip an angled liner brush into the gold and bronze shadows to use them on my bottom lid - and it took about 3 applications for it to show up as much as when you use your finger. I can deal with this con because the colors are so beautiful and they last all day for me without becoming patchy or sinking into creases.

The other eyeshadows I bought were a limited edition (I believe) duo for Valentine's Day called "Meant To Be":

The packaging was extremely adorable! It was a little envelope that said "Be Mine". I mostly got it because the shade Flower Boy was a pink tone that I didn't own in any eyeshadow. I thought it would be the same thing - apply with your fingers - but no. Not only was there less product but they were a lot more powdery than the Kathleen Lights set. It wasn't a great powder, either, the matte shade applied pretty patchy.
I understand that they have different formulations available in eyeshadows, though. I didn't love this one. I haven't used it that much but the pink tone isn't the most flattering for me and I regret getting it. It's much more "hot pink" than I thought it would be (I expected it to be peachier). However the other color, Bouquet Toss is absolutely beautiful as a warm highlight.

Overall, I prefer the Super Shock Shadows to the Pressed Powder ones. I would definitely repurchase the former, even though $5 per shadow is a bit pricey imo. I think $3 would be appropriate for the amount of product you get. And I've (surprisingly) already hit pan on most of the Kathleen Lights set after about 3 weeks of frequent use. As far as the KL set goes, I would only repurchase the colors Cornelius and Kathleen Lights. Glow and Blaze are just not my favorite. Anyways, great experience with my first Colourpop purchase! I'm tempted to order more Super Shock Shadows immediately but I need to stop spending money on make-up, for awhile lol.

Be sure to pay attention to the formulation of the shadow you're purchasing. You'll find it under the Product Info tab. For example they have both shimmery and matte colors in their Super Shock Shadows so Matte does not mean you're getting a powder formula.

I am absolutely obsessed with their Super Shock Shadows so my five star rating is for that line, only. (I have yet to try all their formulations, anyways)

I can't rave enough about these shadows. I purchased 4 of them (for only $20 in total) and loved everyone. The texture is very unique and best applied by pressing your finger onto the product then pressing your finger onto your eyelid. Once set they stayed put all day & nothing stays on me. Highly recommend!

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

The texture is different kind of creamy but its pressed. The pigment is good I like it a lot. They are a good value for the price will definitely be buying more colors in the future.
I have thirsty girl its a shimmery bronze color.

I LOVE Colourpop eye shadow! All of the shadows I've tried have stayed on for over eight hours, and the pigmentation is great! The shadows are velvety soft and easy to work with. I just wish Colourpop was sold in stores, and not just online, but their shipping is very fast. :)

on 1/31/2017 5:04:00 AM

If there's one product out there in the makeup market that confuses the hell out of me it would be these!

Colourpop offers a wide array of shades and finishes - from crazy blues to the richest of golds, and the best part? Each pot only costs $5.

I own about five of these and was impressed by some, but was also completely disappointed with a few shades. My suggestion would be to stick to the ultra metallic foil like finishes because the colors are amazing, creamy and last all day (my recommendations include Telepathy, Game Face and Weenie). These truly apply best with your fingers and rarely, with a synthetic eyeshadow brush.

I really did not like the matte eyeshadows as they were personally near impossible for me to blend properly. Also, the glittery eyeshadows (glittery but do not fall under the ultra metallic range) like Bae and Moonwalk do not work well. I was expecting them to offer amazing pigmentation and a duo chrome finish, however, they just looked like a glittery overspray on top of a singular base color. By the end of the day, I was left with muddy eye makeup and a glittery mess.

I will continue giving Colourpop eyeshadows a chance simply because the ones that I do like, I genuinely use regularly and truly love. However, I'd keep in mind to give their mattes a pass and be very wary when making my color selections.