ColourPop Eyeshadows (all)

ColourPop Eyeshadows (all)

4.1

on 11/25/2017 2:45:00 PM

DO NOT PURCHASE. Their products are mediocre and not worth it for the poor customer service you receive. After a simple issue that could have been fixed with a click of a customer service rep, I instead spent two weeks going back and forth with 4 different people, sent many unanswered e-mails and had to file a claim with my bank due to Colourpop's negligence. For a company that operates online it is ridiculous how inaccessible they are to those who purchase their products. I will never ever buy from this company again.

on 11/13/2017 12:51:00 PM

ColourPop has recently come to Sephora so this was a perfect chance to try their Super Shock Shadows. I purchased Bouncy which in the pan looked like a forest green. The color is described as bronze, gold, and violet duochrome The price was a deal at five dollars a shadow. The formula is a creamy powder which is quite nice to work with. My only problem with this is that the shadows were not very true to the color in the pan at all. If you are purchasing definitely do not go by what it looks like in the pan. In fact, these seem more like shadow toppers than shadows themselves. There is not a ton of pigmentation but a lot more glittery than pigmented. The nice thing is that I only have five bucks into it so I definitely won't be returning this. I'll have to try more to see if this was just an issue with this color or if others provide similar results. If you are purchasing go to the store to swatch them if at all possible!! My video review and swatches can be seen here:

on 11/11/2017 8:41:00 AM

I am a big fan of the CP pressed eye shadow pans and have collected quite a few. I have only purchased one Super Shock shadow, and that's in the color Snake Bite. It's described as a warm copper, I would say it's more gold than copper but it's very nice. It almost feels like a gel eye shadow to me rather than a powder. I find this applies best with a finger and it's one that I just sweep on the lid. I have quite a few eye shadows that I like for this purpose. I enjoy using multiple shadows and blending but it doesn't always turn out the best, therefore this is a better route for me to go at times. Not to mention more time efficient on days I simply don't want to spend a ton of time on my face. I usually try to keep it at 10 minutes max, I find the most time consuming part of it is eye shadow and some days I don't want to bother with it. That is where this comes in handy.

The packaging has a screw on cap and based on what I have read you have to close it tightly or these will dry out, I have also heard that the shelf life isn't incredibly long on these and can dry out after about a year, if not before. For that reason, I am glad I did not purchase more than one even though I had my eye on several other shades. I prefer powder or baked eye shadows simply because they last longer in my experience.

Overall I give these 4 and a half stars, I am glad that I tried one out, though I am unsure I will purchase more in the future for the reasons above. This is just a personal preference though, not reflective on the product itself. I think these are nice shadows, very pigmented and a boat load of colors to pick from.

I am a professional makeup artists of 20 years, so know my stuff. Product arrived smashed, (5 eyeshadows) The quality was poor with no pigment transfer. I contacted there customer service team to be offered $20 from a $40 order plus I would need to internationally send their faulty bad quality product back to there head office. This is unacceptable, please note there return policy is poor. I then claimed through paypal and even then the company made it extremely hard for me to make a return and claim my money back for this terrible product. Buyer beware, cheap bad quality product, and extremely hard to return faulty, cheap and nasty product.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love Super Shock shadows! I have a ton of them (okay, more like 70-80) and the lasting power and price are just amazing. I especially love the glitter shades because the fallout is minimal compared with other glitter options. I do worry about them drying out, especially with a collection the size of mine. But for $5 a pop, they're definitely worth it. Some of my favorites- Sailor, So Quiche, Nillionaire, Amaze, Wattles, Brady, so many more! They've become a bit like Pokémon for me- gotta catch 'em all!

I purchased the Peachy Keen Shock Quad which contains the colour Bandit, Crimper, Cornelious and Kennedy.

The colours are SO pigmented, and they feel really good. There's no fallout and they don't budge. The formula is especially good for glitter eyeshadow to SHINE.
I'm not even kidding, Crimper is god damned cocaine for my eyes. When I first used it, I COULD NOT STOP PUTTING IT ON MY LIDS I FELT SO GORGEOUS I THINK I OVERDID IT AND I LOOKED LIKE A GLITTER GODDESS BUT I DON'T CARE I LOVE GLITTER

On the other hand, the matte eyeshadows are very difficult to use though. It's very hard to get product onto the brush. I also tried using my finger as Colourpop suggests however that even didn't work very well.

It's a shame this quad looked so good. I will repurchase only metallic or glittery colours in the future.

on 9/23/2017 4:48:00 PM

I was intrigued by the colors, super shock formula and of course all of the favorable reviews The colors in the pan are great, but they do not apply well. The color comes off like a wash, they do not play well with other products. And by other products I mean powder shadows, other traditional cream shadows, some of my eye liners. *EDIT* I found some success with this method. On bare lids, apply a generous amt with fingers and place it where you want it. Blend minimally. They do not blend that well even with each other. Wait a bit for it to set then apply liner. Using this method I got better wear time.
Without this method they seem to fade into nothing very quickly. I tried some very rich shades and they just fade to nothing in less than 4 hours.

on 9/14/2017 4:50:00 AM

These eyeshadows are beyond pigmented and the formula is so soft. By far the most buttery shadows I've ever felt.

on 8/24/2017 10:14:00 AM

I have recently, at the behest of many Youtubers, jumped on the ColourPop bandwagon. The first products that I bought were the much-talked-about Ultra Matte Lips. I hated these. They flaked, crumbled, and dried my lips out like the Sahara desert. Thank goodness I didn't give up on ColourPop after this fiasco because I would have been missing out on the COLOURPOP SUPER SHOCK SHADOWS.

I own 16 Super Shock shadows. I will give a review of each shadow that I own and sum up the overall product at the end.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**AFTER HOURS COLLECTION**

SUPER HARD CORE: This is a soft, muted, basic champagne shimmer color. It is labeled "pearlized." Good for inner corner and browbone highlight. This color is pretty sheer.

WATTLES: This is a unique rosy mauve color that is mostly matte with a hint of fine silver shimmer. It is labeled a "satin." I use this all the time as a transition shade and it really brings out the blue in my eyes.

SAILOR: Definitely one of the most unique shades of eyeshadow I've ever seen, period. This is an "ultra-glitter," a pale rosy champagne with a multiglitter blue duotone shift. I love this shade for allover the lid, in the inner corners, and even as a cheek highlight.

DGAF: Another extremely unique color. This is an "ultra-glitter." Mauve-brown base a bit darker than Wattles, with tons of greenish gold glitter.

AMAZE: Amaze is a stunning "ultra-glitter," but to me it's more of a metallic. It's a rosy bronze metallic with tons of color payoff.

DRIFT: This is a cool cranberry metallic, but is described as a "satin." I don't reach for this much but it's a gorgeous shade.

**ALL-NIGHTER COLLECTION**

TO-A-T: This is one of the most versatile shades I own. It's a true matte cork brown with no shimmer. I use this as a transition shade or sometimes on its own.

VEGA: Vega is STUNNING. This is unfortunately only available in this collection but if they made this a single I'd buy 10 of them. It is an "ultra-glitter," and it is a taupe base with TONS of rainbow glitter in it. Truly stunning color for the lid. This is hands down my favorite eyeshadow from Colourpop.

MOONING: This is a deep chocolate "satin." It has tiny bits of bronze micro glitter and it's a very nice shade on the crease or lashline.

SMASH: This is a "satin." It is a light warm taupe with a little bit of shimmer. Good transition shade or upper lid shade.

**MILE HIGH COLLECTION**

CRICKET: This is my least favorite Colourpop shadow. It is deceptive as it is described as an "ultra-glitter" purple, but it is neither ultra-glittery nor very purple. At best, it's a streaky, shimmery muted grayish eggplant. And for some reason, when I bought this kit, they sent me two Crickets and no Mittens, so I had to ask for a separate Mittens.

MITTENS: Yes. Thank goodness they sent me a replacement because holy hell this color is AMAZING. It is a "matte" and it is a deep chocolatey burgundy brown with the tiniest hint of blue micro glitter. It is rich and pigmented. This color is so versatile and I use it in a ton of looks.

TRUTH: A "satin" finish. Very similar to Smash but peachier. Nice subtle lid shade.

SO QUICHE: This is a very unique shade. "Ultra-glitter" is a perfect descriptor. It is an olive-green base with TONS of purple glitter. It is duotone and sometimes very confusing but such a unique shade.

NILLIONAIRE: A stunning glittery deep taupe. It is an "ultra glitter" and this is the only shade I have where the glitter matches the base color exactly. Good for the lid.

LA LA: Described as an "ultra-glitter" but it's really metallic. This shade is popular in Colourpop's shade profile. Similar in color to DGAF, Wattles, and I guess Weenie and Sequin are very similar too. This is a metallic rose gold leaning more towards gold that is stunning on the lid especially for blue eyes. If you already have Sequin or Weenie you probably don't need this.

Overall, here is some information about the product as a whole.

PIGMENTATION: Most of the shadows are very pigmented. They are all one-swipe payoff. You can apply these with either a finger or a brush and they work really well with both methods. I prefer to use my fingers for the very glittery shades and a brush for the mattes and satins.

FORMULA: The formula for these is one of a kind. They are cream to powder, so they glide on like a gel and set like a powder, making them very blendable and fallout-proof. Because they are cream, you do have to wear a primer with them so they don't crease.

PACKAGING: They come in little white screw-top lids. Please keep your lids on tight or they will dry out! They aren't the easiest to store but they aren't huge. I can throw one or two in an overnight bag and be set for the next day without worrying about them breaking.

PRICE: At five dollars apiece, you really can't beat the price. I got all mine in sets which are even cheaper overall. The price point makes these products extremely affordable and low-risk.

Overall, I love these products more than any eyeshadow I've ever owned. I will keep buying these forever and if you haven't tried them I highly recommend them to anyone looking for a cheap, high-quality, pigmented eye product in a huge variety of colors.

I love these shadows. I have purchased about 10 of them so far. I wish they were easier to apply with a brush, but they do the job well and are beautiful. I use several of them as a highlight, too.