ColourPop Eyeshadows (all)

ColourPop Eyeshadows (all)

4.1

on 5/7/2018 10:36:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Just got my order in from Colourpop. I ordered 6 supershock eyeshadows. Sadly I didn't look st reviews first. I am kinda disappointed with all 6. They look so pretty in the pan but that's where it ends for me. The pigment is not very good to put it nicely. They are very glittery which would be great if there was also good pigment to them. I found them very hard to apply well and evenly. Blending was difficult as well. Overall not a win for me. I don't see myself reaching for them much if at all. Luckily they aren't expensive so I will just rack this one as a loss.

on 4/29/2018 5:49:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Swatching Colourpop (now in-store!) is so fun - their colors are vibrant, plush, and so mesmerizing. I highly suggest finding Sailor and getting it - photos online don't do it justice.

It's a pale beige with an aquamarine shift and glitter, and I usually don't go for bright eyeshadows but this color makes me feel adventurous!!! Lots in my current collection are neutral and run more gray/muted. I'm thinking about picking up Set To Stun and a few other sparkly SSEs to add to my collection!

on 4/26/2018 12:44:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I'm on the bandwagon with these e/s. I have mature, dry skin and the older I get, the more trouble I have with e/s making me look worse rather than better. This mousse-y formula glides over the eyelids and looks lovely. It lasts great too with a primer. Truth is my daily shade and I repurchase two at a time. I generally do a single all-over shade, so I can't comment about issues with blending and layering. I could see how that might be a problem. I have a glittery shade for evening and it does have fall out. However, the formula and price easily make up for any short comings. I have not been as impressed with other CP products, but the e/s are awesome in my opinion.

on 4/2/2018 7:31:00 PM

First experience with the brand was to sample three of their Super Shock eyeshadows: Melrose (a matte brick shade), Set to Stun (glittery pale pink), and Sailor (glittery champagne).

The price is very reasonable at $5 a pop (pun intended) and the packaging is appealing and practical. However, the formula left much to be desired.

The shades all look beautiful in their little pressed power pans, but only the matte Melrose had any pigmentation at all with application. Melrose applied smoothly, blended evenly, and had pretty good pigmentation. It was the color itself I wasn’t a big fan of - it looks bronzy in the compact but is much more red on, which you’ve got to have superior makeup talent or just the right coloring to pull off - and I’ve neither.

The other two shadows, both ultra glitter formulas, are all sparkle and no show. Despite looking gorgeous in the box, once applied, all that shows up are the chunky glitter bits. They majorly lack in pigmentation and have basically none of their color/shade come through in application. Further, the glitter isn’t without fallout.

Overall I wasn’t impressed and wouldn’t buy these particular shadows again. I would possibly try more of the matte shades from the brand but I’m not in any hurry based on what I’ve tried so far.

on 3/4/2018 4:27:00 PM

I'm late to the game on this brand, I'm an instant gratification type shopper and don't do much online shopping, as I like to actually SHOP in store, and living in Southern California there's always great stores/malls/outlets on every corner..now that Colourpop is at Ulta, I decided to pick up a couple (or 7 products! Lol). Very happy with the overall quality and price. I picked up 4 shadows in different finishes, 1 highlighter, and 2 liquid lippies. The shadows are buttery and pigmented, long lasting, and a great value for the $.. I don't give a lot of 5 star reviews, but these are a solid 4.6, and deserve a full 5 because the price and quality alone.. Definitely recommend. Guess I will have to do mail order to try the Ultra blotted lippies, and Lip Stix that twist up.. Hopefully Ulta will get those too! ❣💋💅💄☺🎈

I have three of these shadows and they are definitely pretty. I love them. But not their powder shadows.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I want to review a few of Super Shock shadows (ultra-glitter finish), as well as their new All I See Is Magic palette.

Haven't tried anything else from the brand before, but these products are really nice and affordable. Heard great things about their newest palettes and have to say (although I am still loyal to MUG) these are very impressive. All I See Is Magic palette in particular (their holiday edition) is so pretty. You get 15 colours for 20 USD and they all look so good. You get mattes, shimmers and somewhat foiled shadows too. You can see unedited swatches here (http://www.partyparrotblog.com/single-post/2018/01/16/All-I-See-Is-ColourPop). I must say that I was quite happy with my choice and the brand's mattes in particular are so pigmented, a touch powdery, but nothing like ABH Subculture (if you know what I mean). They blend effortlessly and last a very good time.

Super Shock Shadow in I Heart This is every glitter-lover dream. It is the best shadow topper, that will spice up even the most boring all matte shadow look. Just pop it on the centre of your lid - boom! Suddenly you rock a very effortless JLo look. Shade Bae, on the other hand, is a bit tricky, so my advice is - stick to metallics and shimmers that are of silver/gold/copper shades (they just blend and look better than others). Not bad ColourPop! Will certainly try more next time.

on 11/25/2017 2:45:00 PM

DO NOT PURCHASE. Their products are mediocre and not worth it for the poor customer service you receive. After a simple issue that could have been fixed with a click of a customer service rep, I instead spent two weeks going back and forth with 4 different people, sent many unanswered e-mails and had to file a claim with my bank due to Colourpop's negligence. For a company that operates online it is ridiculous how inaccessible they are to those who purchase their products. I will never ever buy from this company again.

on 11/13/2017 12:51:00 PM

ColourPop has recently come to Sephora so this was a perfect chance to try their Super Shock Shadows. I purchased Bouncy which in the pan looked like a forest green. The color is described as bronze, gold, and violet duochrome The price was a deal at five dollars a shadow. The formula is a creamy powder which is quite nice to work with. My only problem with this is that the shadows were not very true to the color in the pan at all. If you are purchasing definitely do not go by what it looks like in the pan. In fact, these seem more like shadow toppers than shadows themselves. There is not a ton of pigmentation but a lot more glittery than pigmented. The nice thing is that I only have five bucks into it so I definitely won't be returning this. I'll have to try more to see if this was just an issue with this color or if others provide similar results. If you are purchasing go to the store to swatch them if at all possible!! My video review and swatches can be seen here:

on 11/11/2017 8:41:00 AM

I am a big fan of the CP pressed eye shadow pans and have collected quite a few. I have only purchased one Super Shock shadow, and that's in the color Snake Bite. It's described as a warm copper, I would say it's more gold than copper but it's very nice. It almost feels like a gel eye shadow to me rather than a powder. I find this applies best with a finger and it's one that I just sweep on the lid. I have quite a few eye shadows that I like for this purpose. I enjoy using multiple shadows and blending but it doesn't always turn out the best, therefore this is a better route for me to go at times. Not to mention more time efficient on days I simply don't want to spend a ton of time on my face. I usually try to keep it at 10 minutes max, I find the most time consuming part of it is eye shadow and some days I don't want to bother with it. That is where this comes in handy.

The packaging has a screw on cap and based on what I have read you have to close it tightly or these will dry out, I have also heard that the shelf life isn't incredibly long on these and can dry out after about a year, if not before. For that reason, I am glad I did not purchase more than one even though I had my eye on several other shades. I prefer powder or baked eye shadows simply because they last longer in my experience.

Overall I give these 4 and a half stars, I am glad that I tried one out, though I am unsure I will purchase more in the future for the reasons above. This is just a personal preference though, not reflective on the product itself. I think these are nice shadows, very pigmented and a boat load of colors to pick from.