3.9

price range

Reviews

1.0

10 months ago

I picked this up in Redwood Forest since I'm allergic to a lot of drugstore lipsticks and was hoping natural products would fit me better. This is seriously an overpriced tinted lip balm, no joke. I needed to apply this with a heavy hand to even see anything. It barely showed any color on my lips (and I'm extremely pale with light pink lips), smelled like a crayon/similar to their lip balms, and dried my lips out badly. I had to use lip balm (not Burt's Bees) for two days to get them back to normal. My mom has also tried these before and agreed they were drying for her as well. I'm overall finding that I'm not a fan of Burt's Bees lip products, so maybe my body chemistry just hates them. But I feel like there are better lipsticks out there that are less drying with a more opaque color for this price or a bit more.

About reviewer (40 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Cool

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

a year ago

I have this in Sedona Sands and it's the perfect "my lips but better" color for my light-medium neutral undertone skin. However, it is definitely not matte, and it feels a bit drying on the lips. I would rate this as medium color pay off and it does not look blotchy if you apply a few layers. It has a slightly glossy finish instead of matte. The packaging is nice and simple. It's easy to twist up and down but I wouldn't purchase this full price. It's worth a try if it is on sale and works as a nice everyday lip color.

About reviewer (3 reviews)

Age36-43

HairBlack

a year ago

I usually don't buy Burt's Bees as in the past I wanted to love this brand but I just don't. However, my local Walgreen's had much of the line drastically reduced (I suspect they are no longer going to carry much of the line) so the lip crayons were all marked down to $2.39 (plus tax) from $9.79 so I got a pink tone called Carolina Coast. For $3 it is 4 stars, for $10 maybe 3?? (Note: They are $6 at Walmart but out of stock) Waxy crayon, but super easy to apply and a forgiving pink-mauve shade that reads just slightly grey (which is fine) on me. Like it but do not love it. Again for less than $3 - I may go back and buy a few more shades. This product is no longer available on the Burt's Bees website. I fear it is gone for good.

About reviewer (2440 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinDry, Fair, Cool

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

3 years ago

I really really love this product! I have the shade Sedona Sands, and it looks so beautifully natural on me. I'd say this is a semi-matte color because it's not as shiny as some lipsticks but is definitely not fully matte. I know a lot of people are big fans of Burt's Bees chapsticks, but I've never tried them. However, I might have to try them out now. This lip crayon doesn't dry out my lips and feels really nice. I'll definitely be repurchasing this product, and might try out other colors as well!

About reviewer (12 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Tan, Cool

HairBrunette, Curly, Medium

3 years ago

I LOVE this stuff! I have the Redwood Forest, and it's the perfect red for my skin tone (very fair, warm). It just might be my favourite lipstick, and it was less than $10 at the drugstore. Unbelievable. I've had difficulty with reds in the past because they're usually too blue or too orange, or they show up every line in my lips, but this stuff is brilliant. It glides on smoothly -- even when my lips are quite dry -- and it stays put for hours. It's not drying, and it's not super creamy like a balm (no transfer on my coffee cup). I wish it came in more shades. Unfortunately, this was the only one I liked, but if they expanded the colour range to include some darker rosy brown tones, I'd definitely buy more.

About reviewer (24 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Fair, Warm

HairBlond, Wavy, Medium

3 years ago

I bought my lip crayon in Niagara Outlook, it is the perfect coral on my dark lips with just a pop of colour to brighten my complexion. reasonably priced.

About reviewer (13 reviews)

Age36-43

HairOther

EyesOther

3 years ago

Best natural lip crayon! Really pigmented, very moisturising, stays on lips reasonably well but a touch up during the day is needed. The product takes forever to finish and I use mine every day. Its not as matte as I would like but I just dab a tissue over it to make it matte. Favourite lip colour product, I usually buy the colour "redwood forest" as its a nice casual red not too bold.

About reviewer (23 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinCombination, Tan, Neutral

HairBrown, Kinky, Medium

3 years ago

I am in the middle of the road for this product. I have tried sedona sands and redwood forest and both were not matte. On my medium skin tone, sedona sands looks like a very pale pink which doesn't suit me but will look like a great pinky-nude on people with lighter complexions. Redwood forest is a nice muted red which does suit my skin. Both can be layered to reach full opacity and apply smoothly and feel creamy on the lips. They do transfer which I don't mind since lip products that stay on all day tend to feel and look dry at the end of the day, requiring coconut oil or makeup wipes for removal which I find to be a hassle. I think the price can be a good one or two dollars lower since the revlon matte balms are much more opaque (especially sultry), are matte, and have a nice minty smell with a slight minty feel on the lips while these smell like crayons.

About reviewer (10 reviews)

HairOther

EyesOther

4 years ago

I have this lip crayon in the shade "Redwood Forest". I purchased it for about $9 CAD, which is more than I usually pay for a drugstore lip product. The colour is smooth, decently pigmented and easy to build to increase intensity. It lasts for about 5-6 hours on me, even with eating and drinking.There is a slightly waxy smell to the crayon, so that might irritate some people. My only real issue is the limited range of shades. There's only around 8 of them, if I recall correctly, and most of them would be more flattering on fairer skin tones and/or lips that are not naturally very pigmented. That being said, all the shades are nice. It's just that when I find a pleasant lipstick formula, I like to purchased lots of shades. :P

About reviewer (23 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinSensitive, Medium, Neutral

HairBlack, Wavy, Medium

4 years ago

Pros: Nice shades Buildable, opaque colours Long wear Practical design moisturising Cons: Limited shades Some shades are not really matte Pencil doesn't retract all the way down to protect tip Some shades transfer quite easily Expensive as hell! (In Malaysia) Have 2 shades (niagara overlook & redwood forest). For those with darker lips (like me) I don't recommend getting the niagara overlook or any of the lighter shades. The colours are buildable, but the natural dark tone of the lips is still visible. Makes you look like you're wearing sheer lip balm. You might wanna invest in some lips pencils if you're planning on getting the pink or peach shades. The darker shades (redwood forest & Napa valley) have really good payoff. I highly recommend these two. Repurchase? Maybe just one shade. Save yourself and just get the lipstick. Far better payoff.

About reviewer (40 reviews)

Age25-29