Creative Nail Design CND Vinylux Weekly Top Coat

3.5

on 1/24/2018 4:30:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

CND nailpolishes are one of the few kinds that actually last on my nails for a week or so. This is compared to the Formula X and nailsense gel polishes. I've found using this as a top coat adds to the life of other nailpolishes too!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

I've discovered the holy grail of long lasting nails (I thought my only resort to long lasting manicures was the get gel ones done at the salon, which RUINS my already thin nails).

With this top coat and Vinylux nail polishes, I seriously get OUT OF THIS WORLD lasting power with no chips, it's awesome. I've tried lots of "2 step systems" and 1 step all in ones (sally hansen 2 step gel manicure, the revlon 2 step gel ones, the wet n wild 1 step) etc, and NOTHING lasts as long and looks as flawless as Vinylux.

Extemely happy Shoppers Drug Mart in canada carries the line now; I thought about ordering online before they carried it but never got around to it.

Picking up a million more colours this week! Will literally be the only nail polishes I'll be using from now on.

on 3/5/2017 12:46:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I like this top a lot. Almost no bubbling and it's not too extremely shiny which I prefer. I change my nail polish often but I wore this for about 5 days with no chips or scratches.

on 10/21/2016 10:47:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I don't understand why the reviews are bad. I haven't written a review in so long but after using this top coat for the past few months I needed to write one. I do my nails on Saturday morning every wk and it doesn't start to wear until Friday. And it stays super shiny all week. I couldn't live without it

on 5/23/2016 8:00:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

To be honest, I purchased this top coat to use over all of my polishes; I haven't used the Vinylux polishes, so that may make a difference in wear.
It was just "okay." I didn't find it to be overly shiny, and for me it didn't help prevent chipping more than any other top coat.. It's also expensive at $10.50 per bottle. If I use a quick dry top coat over it, it will last a couple of days longer.
I have tried other, cheaper top coats that are much shinier and last longer.
As far as getting thick/gloopy that other reviewers have mentioned--this happens to many polishes as they are used and the bottle empties, especially polishes meant to be "gel type." Nail polish thinner is wonderful and solves the thickness and gloopiness. Thinner, NOT remover; remover will break down polish and wreck it.

on 12/18/2015 4:32:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I have a legitimate issue or two with the Vinylux top coat - and yes, I use the system as recommended by CND - and often can get 5 to 11 (yes 11) days of wear with minimal edgewear and no chipping IF - and only IF the top coat is fresh.

Once you open it you MUST seal it and keep it way from air - it can get bubbly and gloopy and negatively affect/effect your mani.

Be careful - pricey stuff - so use with care and you can get a truly long-lasting Vinylux manicure.

on 9/29/2015 12:59:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I chose this when i went in for a pedicure a few weeks ago, and while the nail polish hasn't chipped substantially, this scuffs like nothing else. There are so many white streaks on my toe nails which isn't something i usually suffer with, so i decided it must be this specific topcoat. If you're okay with taking an eraser to your toenail to rub off the scuffs every few days then go ahead, but ill stick to regular non-vinyl from now on.

on 8/13/2015 2:02:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

First let me be very clear: I do NOT use this as recommended. I do not use it with the Vinylux polishes. But, with regular polish, it gives me the most perfect, flawless, long-lasting home manicure I've ever had. I have trouble with polish (any polish/any topcoat) lasting more than 2-3 days on me without major chipping. I work full-time, do a lot of typing, and have regular household chores/life, so I can be hard on my nails. My nails are also currently (February 2018) in terrible condition due to wearing acrylics, dipped manicures & gel manicures for years, but I am trying to restore my natural nails & stick to regular manicures at home. With my current routine, I can easily get 4-5+ days out of a manicure. My routine is a strengthening base coat (favorites are Butter London Horsepower or Orly Nail Defense) - let dry, 1 THIN coat of ACI Gelous (Sally Beauty) - let dry 1-2 minutes, 2 thin coats of polish, let dry 3 minutes, then top with CND Vinylux top coat (even if not using Vinylux polishes). 6 minutes and the polish is mostly dry - it does take about another 30 minutes before it is fully "dent proof." With this method, my manicure will last up to 5-6 days with very minimal chipping. For me, this is completely unheard of. I do sometimes dry my nails under a regular lamp in my home to help cure the polish with the heat, and I've also occasionally used a UV lamp as well (this topcoat does harden more with UV exposure - you could also just go outdoors on a sunny day), but I don't think that is a necessary step. This topcoat does go on quite thick, and it "sets" very quickly, so you need to be careful with your application, but also work fast. It comes off easily with my non-acetone polish remover. This is not going to last as long as salon gels or give the same "pillowy" look, but if you have problems with polish lasting on you, I would strongly recommend trying out this topcoat.

on 8/1/2015 6:57:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I was introduced to this product when I got a professional manicure done at a local salon. When the manicurist finished up, I remarked on how shiny my nails looked, and she showed me what she uses -- CND Vinylux Weekly Top Coat.

After about 3-4 days, my manicure chipped and peeled severely. Given that she is an excellent manicurist, I went back for a mani-pedi where she used CND once again. I got the same results. My polish fell off in chunks after a few days.

It's a pity because this topcoat goes on so beautifully -- but i just doesn't last. In all fairness, there are so many factors that determine how a topcoat, or anything else, performs on any individual -- lifestyle, climate, etc. All in all, I'm pretty careful with my nails and I live in a dry climate, but still no joy with this topcoat.

I usually do my nails at home, and as stated above I will not purchase this topcoat for myself. I have w-a-a-a-y better luck with Seche Vite. I think Seche Vite ruined me for anything else ;-)

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Only lasted one day before significant chipping. :(