Anastasia Of Beverly Hills Dipbrow pomade in Soft Brown

Dipbrow pomade in Soft Brown

4.6

on 8/15/2017 6:18:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Oh my goodness! I bought this through sephora and had done my research on which colour best suited me. I have sparse, dark brown eyebrows, hazel eyes, dark hair, and olive skin tone. It went on really well, however, after a few hours it oxidised to a red tone!! I love that it doesn't move, so have since purchased taupe (much better shade for me).

on 5/18/2017 8:32:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Yes, it's absolutely worth the hype it's been getting. The colour matches my very light brown hair perfectly. Even though it's often used for more "on fleek" looks, my eyebrows look very natural using this. The key is to not use too much. This product is so easy to use, too! Afterwards I take a flesh colour eye pencil and use it to clean up any mistakes.

The only downside is that if I touch my eyebrow or take a nap, some of it wipes off, but it's not a deal breaker because creams are more prone to fading than powders.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I am soooooooo in love with this product. Cannot say one bad thing.

I love this so much. I have really thin eyebrows and this product has no trouble staying on. I usually put powder foundation over it because it's a bit too dark for me, but otherwise it's great!

Eyebrows are such an important part of my makeup routine and this pomade is what's best for just that. This product if used correctly gives a clean filled-in look to brows and is so easy to use. I've purchased only 2 of these but the good thing is, one little pot of Dipbrow lasts me for well over a year! I purchased my first pot in 2015 and another one in the summer of 2016 and both pots still have a good amount of product left. I personally prefer a softer brow and this allows me to achieve that look unlike pencils, which are much more harsh looking. I use this with an angled brush and pick up just the tiniest bit of product (my eyebrow shape is already there and doesn't need too much structure) and can quickly fill in my brows in under 5 minutes. Dipbrow lasts all day and it'll last over a day if you accidentally fall asleep with your makeup on too (oops!). NYX has a pomade very similar to this one called Tame and Frame and although it is good, it is much more slick (therefore it doesn't last as long) and the product is a bit harder to use due to that. This Anastasia dipbrow is one of my favorite products EVER!

on 3/5/2017 10:54:00 AM

My friend who recommended this to me cautioned me that it is darker than you think. It is also a very thick formula. I didn't know how I felt the first few weeks of using it but now it has dried out a bit and is easier to apply. I really like this! It is not really for a "natural brow look", but a filled in one. It is good for filling in patches or drawing in. It is a big pot. Mixing it with a bit of oil can make the texture more light and natural. Definitely get a thin and precise brush to use with this!

on 1/11/2017 6:54:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Not the best product for discreet, very natural-looking brows, but for definition and drama and a very done sort of look, it's honestly great. It's easy to overdo it with this one, but still. Can be applied extremely carefully to look natural as well, especially if I shape my brows first wth a coloured brow gel and just fill in and sharpen the shape with this after. A very tiny, very precise brush is essential. Still, the shade is great, the pot lasts for ages, it stays on beautifully and I do like some crispness to my brows. It's a staple product for me. It works.

Edited to add that I think I've had my one pot of this for about a year and a half now, I use it almost daily, I'm barely half-way through it and it's perfectly fine, hasn't dried out or gone off. I tend to use the inside of the lid as a sort of palette to take off excess product and work it into my brush. Unless it goes bad or breaks I can't imagine having to repurchase in less than at least another year or so.

the glass will break easily, theres not much in it for its price tho

I don't know if anyone other then myself has had this problem.... but this is my communications with the brand and the response I got:

Good Morning,

I am a first time user/buyer of Anastasia products. Based off of many positive reviews from customers I decided to try the product myself.
On 3/17/2016 I purchased a Brow Pomade in soft brown as well as the Anastasia angled brow brush.
As of last month I noticed that the product has been quickly drying out and I haven't made much of a dent in the surface. At this point the product is very hard to pick up on the brush and whatever I am able to pick up, flakes off in little partials onto my cheek and desk and considering the very small amount I use this is concerning me. The pot is practically new and already drying out more and more every time I reach for it. I have taken care to tightly close it after each use and store it in my drawer so I'm at a lose as to why this is happening with the product and why the quality is deteriorating in such a short period.

The answer:

Hi,

This product is a waterproof product. If left open, it can dry the product out faster than if it was opened only for a few seconds at a time. Below are some instructions that can assist you with reviving the product to bring it back to its original state.

We would advise that you always twist the cap tightly after you use the pomade. We would also recommend that you add one drop of baby oil to the dried Dipbrow Pomade and store it with the cap-side down (so that gravity with pull the product's moisture back up to the top surface while it is stored.) These tips will help prevent the Pomade from drying out.

Best wishes,
ANASTASIA Beverly Hills

really guys? add oil?
for the amount of money we pay for this stuff....

Needless to say this is going back to the store!

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

You have to apply a thin amount in order to get a true "soft brown", if you apply too much product then it'll come out much darker. It's pretty similar to taupe, but this one has red undertones.

Popular Brows Products