L'Oreal Colour Riche in Everbloom

No Image

4.7

on 5/22/2017 12:19:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Was directed to this by a Shopper's Drug Mart saleslady; I had initially asked for a warm red, but she seemed to think that this rich, peachy coral would do the job. Layered on as a lipstick, it seems a bit too orange for my tastes...however, it triumphantly redeems itself as a cream blush. I kid you not. I was disenchanted with Stila's Lilium, as (having gone back to my natural chestnut hair from highlighted blonde), the sticky band-aid pink colour seemed dull and was no longer doing me any favours Dabbed on with my middle and ring fingers, Everbloom lights up a spring/summer face with freshness and radiance, in a manner similar to Nars Orgasm but minus the shimmer. Glorious! A happy accident indeed.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I did a review on the Color Riche lipsticks in general, but this one in particular is such a special, unique, imo, shade, that I wanted to give it a review, as well.

The color at a quick first glance seems coral. But on closer inspection, it has a wee bit of pink in it. This is one of those lipsticks imo that will look like 5 different shades on 5 different complexions. Just a pretty, unique color and I think quite possibly a dupe for some higher-end lipsticks.

I think almost all skin tones can wear this. I think I saw online that this is geared for medium skin tones, but I am very fair and I always get lots of compliments when I wear this, and it is just one of those lipsticks I totally enjoy wearing, it gives me confidence in 'my look' for that day, and I also always have confidence that it will wear well, and not turn funny or funky colors. Stays put without sliding around. It is a creamier lipstick, and for me, sometimes creamy lipsticks like to move around and/or bleed outside the natural lip line. This does none of that, it really stays put. does not get gummy or gunky as the day wears on. Just nothing funky or weird about how this wears.

As with L'oreal lipsticks, there is always what many call the "old lady" lipstick scent, and this does have that scent, but to me, it is not as strong as some of the other shades..for whatever reason. But, the scent is still there, just milder than usual.

And also as with L'oreal lipsticks, this has that cap that you have to pay attention to when you pop it back on, because the cap has that little notch that you have to line up correctly. I am sure it served a purpose at one time, but is that little notch really necessary..? I guess it is now like a signature thing for them..? But it is just a v-e-r-y slight inconvenience when you are in a hurry and just want to slap on a touch-up of lipstick.

Still, those 2 drawbacks-which are pretty much an inherent part of L'oreal lipsticks, are minor. While my nose is sensitive, the smell does not bother me. Would I appreciate a fruit or other smell or no smell at all..? Of course. But the smell I will deal with for this very gorgeous, flattering, well-wearing, rather long-lasting, very inexpensive lipstick.

Will definitely re-purchase!!

on 8/2/2014 2:57:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

Everbloom is a creamy orange-peach lipstick. It's verry creamy and soft at the application. I pair it with le gloss golden splash:a peach with gold shimmers. It goes well together! Love it!