The Body Shop Tea Tree Flawless BB Cream

The Body Shop Tea Tree Flawless BB Cream

2.8

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Aqua/Water/Eau (Solvent), C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate (Emollient), Alcohol Denat. (Solvent), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride (Emollient), Glycerin (Humectant), Cetearyl Olivate (Skin Conditioning Agent), Cetearyl Alcohol (Emulsifier), Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2 (Emollient), Dimethicone (Skin Conditioning Agent), Sorbitan Olivate (Emulsifying Agent), Myristyl Myristate (Emollient), Butyrospermum Parkii Butter/Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter (Skin Conditioning Agent - Emollient), Phenoxyethanol (Preservative), Caprylyl Glycol (Skin Conditioning Agent), Glycine Soja Oil/Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil (Emollient/Skin Conditioner), Polysorbate 60 (Surfactant), Cetyl Alcohol (Emulsifier), Calophyllum Inophyllum Seed Oil (Skin Conditioning Agent), Melaleuca Alternifolia Leaf Oil/Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil (Natural Additive), Xanthan Gum (Viscosity Modifier), Sodium Glycerophosphate (Oral Care Agent), Disodium EDTA (Chelating Agent), Myristyl Alcohol (Emulsifier/Emollient), Stearyl Alcohol (Emollient), Limonene (Fragrance Ingredient), Citral (Fragrance Ingredient), Sodium Hydroxide (pH Adjuster), Citronellol (Fragrance Ingredient), Leptospermum Petersonii Oil (Fragrance Ingredient), Citric Acid (pH Adjuster), Tocopherol (Antioxidant), CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide (Colorant), CI 77492/Iron Oxides (Colorant), CI 77499/Iron Oxides (Colour), CI 77491/Iron Oxides (Colorant).

on 10/22/2017 12:48:00 AM

Despite a lot of negative reviews, I personally LOVE this bb cream. The Light shade is actually a pretty close match to my skin tone.

The product is somewhat low-medium coverage. Personally, I like lighter coverage bb creams/foundations and I just double up with concealer, but I can see how this can be frustrating if you like higher coverage.

My favorite part has been the product's positive impact on my acne. I have dry skin and typically have some acne breakouts. Besides hormonal/diet-related acne, I have noticed that my acne has decreased, particularly on my forehead, and I'm pretty sure it's because of the tea tree oil in this product.

I saw other reviews mentioned that the product didn't last long. For me, I think the product has good longevity. As I said, I have dryer skin, so that may not be the case for oily skin.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

This is the worst bb cream I've ever tried and I've tried a lot! I've wore it for 2 hours and it separated and caked up. Not to mention the coverage is nothing!!!! I hate this!

on 5/10/2017 7:06:00 PM

I am always on the look out for a good BB cream and I tend to like Tea Tree however I wasn't too thrilled with this one. First of all there are only 3 shades to which I can only really comment on one, which is 01 the lightest shade. The colour itself is quite light and on the cool/pink side although I do not notice it much as it does fade pretty well into my fair/olive skin tone once blended in.

However the coverage is horrible; it has this weird tendency to simply slip around on the skin and doesn't cover much. This is also NOT buildable, it simply clumps and clings to imperfections with a mask like effect especially in daylight. I did spray a bit of rosewater and glycerine toner and that helped greatly but I am not sure this BB cream is worth the money.

Side note, you shouldn't really use tea tree around or anywhere near your eyes which I think poses a bit of a problem too. I def won't repurchase

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I had bought this BB cream in 2015, and though I used it frequently back then, I was inexperienced with makeup. I retried this again recently and disliked it immensely. It oxidizes after a few hours, and attempts to blend it well into the skin results in the appearance of balls of the cream popping up. Furthermore, no matter how lightly I put it on my face, it manages to look cakey even though it has minimal coverage. I would not buy this again.

on 2/12/2017 6:01:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

i hate it !
to begin with the smell is horrible honestly, it brings me nightmares I just hate it!
its very patchy and the product literally moves when I try to blend it , it doesn't blend at all
the available colors are very dark, I picked the lightest color and it was extremely dark on me.
it was such a waste of money and wasn't cheap (they sell it in where I live for about 22$)

Overall, I really like this product, but I always mix it with moisturizer before applying it. I find that it has better coverage than most tinted moisturizers, and when diluted and blended in with a bit of Cetaphil lotion, makes my skin more even before I apply powder. The only issue is that it's a bit drying overall. I don't mind the smell - that's just the tea tree oil.

on 8/14/2016 2:15:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I actually like this bb cream but it's lasting power is very poor on my oily skin (which is something I find with most Body Shop makeup). The lightest color is a perfect match for me but does tend to oxidize. Overall I like to use this bb cream when I want to wear something while running errands but this just doesn't last through a shift at work or more than a couple hours out and about. It has never broken me out which is a plus, but I will not be repurchasing.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

Got a sample of this in the shop, in the lightest color. The tone was absolutely gorgeus and made my skin look super fresh.. but! Goes on streaky (tried with sponge, brush, hands + with/without primer), melts away as soon as you sweat slightly ot wear glasses, and biggest issue - it gave me BREAKOUTS after a few days use, and I do mean that in capital letters. It was like beeing a teenager again.

on 8/25/2016 10:31:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

This product has no coverage at all. I tried applying with a sponge, brush, and hands but it just didn't work for me. It was very streaky and super cakey on the skin. When I blended the product, it would rub off and appear like eraser "crumbs" or "shavings": like dead skin. NOT FUN. The products do oxidize and they only have three shades which sucked.

Worst BB cream I have ever tried..!!!!!
Was trying to find a BB cream that was going to be good for the summer months and was recommended this one by one of the sales assistants.
At $30 a tube I was expecting something at least better than what I had been using (Garnier) but it is actually horrible.
It has practically no coverage and no matter what I have tried it always ends up streaky (primer, no primer, applying with fingers, brush, sponge) and what starts out as a good colour for my skin goes a couple of shades lighter after it has dried.
I tend to wear my BB cream and just a light dusting of powder as my skin is quite good - just slightly uneven with some darkish circles under my eyes - but if I was going to wear this product I would need to add concealer plus double the amount of powder and some bronzer to make this even a possibility.
Definitely sticking with my Garnier