Anastasia Of Beverly Hills Perfect Brow Pencil - Dark Brown

3.5

on 6/8/2016 9:01:00 AM

This pencil was LIGHT PINK originally...before they changed the formula. I know...the company swears that it is the same product and only the packaging is different. What an insult to their customers...that we wouldn't notice any changes made to a product we use DAILY. I've tried to find the 'original' pencil online for sale and while they still show the 'pink' pencil, they end up shipping the 'new' version. The new version in dark brown packaging is softer and smudges easily. I look like a nightmare by the end of the day with this new pencil. I will not be purchasing again.

on 5/19/2016 11:18:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

When I bought this, it was during an Ulta sale so I got it ridiculously cheap. I can honestly say that when I run out or lose this product I would buy it again at full price.

This is my go-to product for my everyday eyebrows. Most morning I do not have a whole lot of time to get ready, so this is the perfect product to fill in my brows. I lalalove ABH eyebrow products. I love the dipbrow, but some days there isn't enough time to use that. I love carrying this around, because some days you leave the house thinking your good and check yourself in natural light and notice things you've missed. Because of the Perfect Brow Pencil, I never really have to worry.

The only issue I have isn't with the product itself (hence why it wouldn't affect my rating here). It seems that every time I go to Ulta or Sephora, they are poorly stocked in ABH products, usually only having half the shades stocked.

I think this is extremely easy to use, which is very pleasant for someone as unskilled as myself. It's my HG brow pencil. The texture is perfect, application is magnificent and I think those justify the price.

To Read all 4 Reviews, Login or Join

on 8/28/2015 6:44:00 PM

Skin: Other, Medium, Warm

I use this with the brow wiz. I bought this because the brow wiz was running out too quick and I saw that this had way more product for just a couple dollars more. Texture was almost the same as brow wiz, creamy and blendable. But this is less forgiving than the brow wiz, its very pigmented. Staying power was about the same too, lasted all day. I hate that the pencil is extremely soft, so the tip will flatten easily. When you sharpen it, the tip breaks easily as well..

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I have been a fan of Anastasia brow products for years, ever since I tried her brow kit/book that comes with two powders, a wax, and a highlighter. I also love the Brow Wiz in Dark Brown, and I honestly thought that was the most amazing product ever until I tried the Perfect Brow Pencil. I always thought brow pencils = sharpie eyebrows. I know the Brow Wiz is basically an automatic pencil product, but it seemed different somehow, so I decided to give the Perfect Brow Pencil a shot because I felt like you get a lot less product with the Brow Wiz, since it is basically a skinny stick of product vs a fatter pencil. They're the same price, and the pencil will theoretically last a lot longer, so there's the edge Perfect Brow Pencil has over Brow Wiz.

I feel that the Perfect Brow Pencil (I also got Dark Brown in this product) actually performs better than the Brow Wiz as a product. Even when I press really hard, I don't get a harsh, stark, sharpie-like line (unlike the Brow Wiz, which delivers a much harsher line because it seems to have a more creamy formulation). It really allows me to really get the feather-like hair strokes and have fool-proof, shapely, defined natural looking brows. I like that the product is firm, so you won't end up breaking it or mushing too much product on your brows (like cheap drugstore ones). The product also seems to be somewhat waxier than the Brow Wiz, helping to keep eyebrow hairs (something the Brow Wiz never did for me) in place while simultaneously filling in the brows, so you don't need to waste time with an extra step of using brow wax or a clear brow gel! I love the big spoolie on the end, too (the Brow Wiz has a spoolie on its end, too). The only con is that I have to sharpen it because it's not automatic like the Brow Wiz, but no big deal I guess I can't have everything!

The color selection is great. I have dark brown hair with reddish tones, and I got the Dark Brown shade because that has a red undertone to it, and it is perfect. If you have dark brown hair with more ashy or cool undertones, you'll want the Ebony. If you have black hair, Granite is really natural looking and not too dark.

I absolutely love this product. This has become an instant staple. Honestly, you can't really go wrong with any of the Anastasia products. They have different formulas/deliveries and a great color range to suit anyone.

Popular Brows Products