BECCA Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed Highlighter - Moonstone

BECCA Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed Highlighter - Moonstone

4.5

Talc, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Petrolatum, Silica, Boron Nitride, Nylon-12, HDI/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Isostearyl Alcohol, Cera Microcristallina/ Microcrystalline Wax/Cire microcrystalline, Dimethicone, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Acrylates Copolymer, Polyethylene Terephthalate, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Tin Oxide, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Paraffin, Magnesium Stearate, Polyethylene, Tetrasodium EDTA, Potassium Sorbate, Chlorphenesin, Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 7749

on 9/25/2018 1:24:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is my first highlighter so I don't have much to compare it to (other than the zillions of other highlighters I sampled and discarded because they were either imperceptible, too glittery, or the wrong undertone for me), but I really like this. It has a subtle but clear effect. It doesn't sparkle; it glows, and that's exactly what I was looking for. In full sun you can see a little bit of glitter here and there, but it's absolutely perfect for a natural look in the shade or indoors. The color is gorgeous, a pale orangey gold that's super flattering on my yellow-olive NC20 skin. Because the powder is so finely milled, I have a lot of control over how much I apply and I'm able to keep it from looking obviously powdery on my skin -- which is good, because I prefer a dewy look. It also lasts all day no problem despite being a powder. I'm in love.

Would I repurchase if I ran out? I don't know. Tell you what, I'll report back in 20 years when I finally hit pan.

on 9/13/2018 1:09:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Very Beautiful subtle highlight that is suitable for most skin colors.

I've been on a year-long journey to find the perfect highlighter that fits my tastes and budget. I've tried other highlighters that people have deemed dewy and natural looking but found some of them too dark or too pink (Essence Pure Nude Highlighter, Laura Mercier Matte Radiance Baked Powder Highlighter, Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed in Opal) on my light neutral olive (?) NC20/C2 to NC25 skin. Some of them when built up were too icy white (Marc Jacobs Glow Stick Glistening Illuminator) or golden (Josie Maran Argan Enlightenment Illuminizing Wand). I've also tried another light gold highlighter (theBalm's Mary-Lou Manizer) which was cute but was too sparkly.

After all that trial and error, I've come to realize that:
a) because of the surface redness on my cheeks, I don't think I can pull off pinky hued highlighters on my face, and
b) I am really picky with my highlighters, so my holy grail would have to be something light gold that leaves a sheen with minimal sparkle

I was hesitant to try other Becca highlighters because not only did I find the pressed highlighter in Opal too dark, it was also too sparkly. However, I was getting desperate...I just wanted to glow! Luckily I gave Becca another chance, and I think I'm in love.

Moonstone is a lighter gold than theBalm's Mary-Lou Manizer and is definitely less sparkly in comparison. The shimmer is very fine and only noticeable if you look up close, plus the colour is the most natural looking on my skin out of all the highlighters I've tried so far. It is a very natural highlight for me, only noticeable when the light hits it at the right angle. Staying power is good, it lasts around 6+ hours on my combination skin and I don't see it noticeably emphasizing texture.

As per usual, the Becca compact is nice and sturdy with a very nice mirror on the inside though (as I've experienced with the Opal highlighter) the rubberized dark brown areas of the compact tends to hold onto any highlight touching it, which gets grubby looking fast. I do wish the packaging for the main line of pressed highlighters was prettier like their 'Light Chasers' or various 'Quartz' highlighters. I've heard that it's not uncommon for these pressed Becca highlighters to shatter during travel, so I bought the travel sized Moonstone too because I adore this highlighter so much.

Overall, this is a great highlighter that has become a staple in my collection and I will keep repurchasing as long as I don't find something better.

on 12/10/2017 5:04:00 AM

My HG face highlighter! It's perfect for my NC15 skintone and works just as well when I'm 1 to 2 shades darker in summer. So pretty, natural looking, and I love that it doesn't have noticeable shimmer particles. I use it on along my cheekbones, browbone and the middle of my forehead and it never looks too much, it even photographs beautifully. Expensive, but it's going to last me 3 years atleast. The only face highlighter I need, although I do wish that Becca would make a shade identical to MAC's Soft & Gentle, I'd buy it in an instant! Love that shade so much but not a fan of the noticeable shimmer particles.

on 6/23/2017 7:32:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

After trying a couple colors in-store, I decided I liked Moonstone best (Champagne Pop was surprisingly silver on me and Opal was too yellow and glossy-looking). Moonstone has a super-fine gold-champagne shimmer that leans warm. It’s perfect for my light-fair olive skin with pink undertones, though it’s probably too light for darker and/or warmer tones. The pressed powder is superfine and powerfully shimmery. A little goes a long way and it last fairly well, even in humid weather. Sephora advertises this as an intense highlighter, but I prefer a subtle look. For a subtle glow I use a soft, semi-loosely packed brush and use a light touch. It doesn’t irritate my break-out prone, oily skin, nor does it aggravate my eczema. The compact is very sturdy and sometimes hard to open, but it's lasted through international travel. I will buy this again.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Perfect highlighter. I haven't tried very many but I know that this is a good one. I stole it from my mom but I'm pretty sure it's too expensive. I like that it is not a harsh white. The packaging is not very pretty or exciting, but whatever. When I run out I don't think I'll get this exact same one because I want to try more highlighters, but one day I could go back to this highlighter knowing it's a good one.

on 4/13/2017 10:41:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

This highlighter is freaking gorgeous. It's the first highlighter I've used and it immediately became HG status. I went from "I don't really get the point of highlighters" to "I LOVE HIGHLIGHTING"

Moonstone is a light yellow/gold color that really suits my fair skin with yellow undertones. I've used the "Pearl" shade too but I prefer this. It gives a really natural highlight and can be built up if a more intense highlight is wanted. It lasts ALL day and doesn't settle into my pores. Just a really gorgeous highlighter.

I was afraid that since it's a powder it wouldn't last very well but it's been excellent.

Pros
Gorgeous color
Lasts all day
Looks natural
Doesn't irritate my skin or make it break out
Doesn't settle into lines
Can be built up

Cons
It's pricy but whatever. I couldn't think of any other possible cons. It's really worth the price to me.

I've been using this for 3 months and will update my review if my opinion changes.

on 3/1/2017 6:55:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

The most instense highlight I own. I've almost hit pan after 2 years, it's the highlighter I use almost daily.

on 2/26/2017 10:37:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

This stuff is just sooooo good. Im using this everyday just a little swipe on top of my cheek and im good to go. Doesnt make me look oily or anything just simply glowing (I have very oily skin and is super sensitive) This doesn't broke me out either. Love it! will definitely repurchase.

on 12/15/2016 8:08:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

This is by far my favourite highlighter of all time, I even like it better than champagne pop. Shocker, I know.

It is so so soft and buttery - almost doesn't even feel like powder. Its not chunky or glittery, the shimmer is beautiful and the colour is perfect for my skin tone.

I'm absolutely in love and obsessed with this. I would repurchase it in a heartbeat, I'd even keep backups.