BECCA Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed Highlighter - Moonstone

Filtered by eye Color : Hazel
BECCA Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed Highlighter - Moonstone

4.8

Talc, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Petrolatum, Silica, Boron Nitride, Nylon-12, HDI/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Isostearyl Alcohol, Cera Microcristallina/ Microcrystalline Wax/Cire microcrystalline, Dimethicone, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Acrylates Copolymer, Polyethylene Terephthalate, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Tin Oxide, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Paraffin, Magnesium Stearate, Polyethylene, Tetrasodium EDTA, Potassium Sorbate, Chlorphenesin, Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 7749

on 9/25/2018 1:24:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is my first highlighter so I don't have much to compare it to, but I really like this. It has a subtle but clear effect. It doesn't sparkle; it glows, and that's exactly what I was looking for. In full sun you can see a little bit of glitter here and there, but it's perfect for a natural look in the shade or indoors. The color is gorgeous, a pale orangey gold that's super flattering on my yellow-olive NC20 skin. Because the powder is so finely milled, I have a lot of control over how much I apply and I'm able to keep it from looking obviously powdery on my skin, especially when I spray the brush with a little finishing spray before picking it up.

Would I repurchase if I ran out? I don't know. Tell you what, I'll report back in 20 years when I finally hit pan.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

My mum was not happy with it so i inherited the product from her makeup bag. And sadly imho despite being so highly recommended it falls short for me.

I'm into a very natural look in my makeup, I have very dry skin on my cheeks and therefore I always lean towards creme/liquid highlighters (RMS Living Luminizer is my current go to) but there is one, sadly discontinued now, stripy powder highlighter from Dior that is a benchmark for me as it is simply inpercevable on the skin while giving the whole face a healthy, alive, slept-for-8+hours look I strive for when I'm now over 40.

Sadly Becca's highlighter is so powdery and rough in comparison that it does not really do much. It is very subtle sheen but I still see the powdery residue on my cheeks. Colour - a golden leaning champagne is very pretty on my neutral-olive-pale yellow skin tone but I still see the particles of the highlighter that settles in all the tiny wrinkles near my eyes. I need to try mixing a little bit of it with my moisturiser and seeing if that would work to make it bond better with the skin surface rather than just sit on top of it. Packaging is absolutely gorgeous though.

OOH LA LA!! Holy sweet mother of Jesus this is a gorgeous highlighter!
I mean It's pricey as scheisse, and really just makes you question if you're really about to drop all that mulah on one single cosmetic item before you get to the register but man O man is it worth every single little shiny Lincoln that you end up spending on it. First off the compact is cute. Very durable and sleek without being too gawdy, cheap or clunky. Secondly, the quality of the product is excellent. You can tell that it's very much a higher end product So you definitely get what you pay for here. It is extremely pigmented, silky and smooth and a little goes a long way so it will probably last you foreverrrrrr. It applies like a dream and imparts the most beautiful "high definition"kinda glow without making you look like a disco ball. No cheap effect whatsoever. I haven't tried their other shades yet as I found moonstone to be a better shade for my light skintone but who knows, I might give the other shades a second glance now that I've witnessed the wonders of this one. Even though to be honest I only tend to wear it on nights out or special occassions since its so pricey I usually wear my pur minerals highlighter in afterglow or my
julep glow powder in champagne but I gotta admit that this one is definitely my fav and I will definitely be repurchasing if the day ever comes when I run out of it. Trust me, If you're gonna splurge on a makeup item I suggest that you splurge on this one. Highly recommend it.
You won't regret it^_-

on 1/14/2016 1:21:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

The love of my life. My holy grail highlighter. I'd marry this stuff if it was legal. It's pricey but oh so worth it. A little goes a long way with this stuff. I'm extremely pale so this color works great for me. It will definitely last throughout the day. The packaging is very nice and high quality. I'm trying to figure out how anyone can not love this.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I cannot stress enough about how amazing this product is!!!! UGH it's beautiful. I always feel so glowing and it sits on the skin beautifully, I just don't know what i'd do without this highlighter! HOLY GRAIL! honestly so worth every penny & I won't go without it. xoxo.

on 10/5/2015 7:44:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Love it. Plain and simple, just love it. I own 3 Becca highlighters currently, because that is how in love I am with them. I would probably get all of them if the other colours were suitable for my super pale skin, but alas they are not. I own Moonstone, Champagne Pop, and Rose Gold is currently shipping to my house as I am typing so I'll update my review on that one once I have it. This review page is for moonstone but I'll still give a bit of detail about the others so whoever reads this can get an idea for which is better for them.

In order of which is the most shimmery, highlighting etc. I would say Champagne Pop is quite a bit more highlighting and 'out there'. It's way more glam, and if you watch Jaclyn Hill's youtube videos, basically she does a 'glam highlight' for almost every makeup look she does. While it looks nice, it's not for me. It's easier to be light handed with Moonstone, but still have a strong highlight. Moonstone is a strong highlight for sure, but Champagne Pop is a stronger highlight. I personally think it would be easier to layer this and decide how much glam you want in your look for that day. They are both fantastic, and honestly you can make both look more natural and glam so you can't go wrong.

In terms of dupes, I also own The Balm Mary-Loumanizer. The Becca highlighters are better quality I can say that from the get go. The Balm is an amazing highlighter but when you compare it to the Becca ones the Balm has larger shimmer in it, which I personally don't like. Mary-Loumanizer is more similar to Champagne Pop (however it's a paler gold), but it's kind of right between both of these. Although Mary is a very nice highlighter, I rarely reach for it anymore.

What else can I say? They apply like a dream, blend like a dream, shine like a dream. Good staying power considering how pigmented it is. There is literally nothing bad I can say about them. The packaging is gorgeous, strong, you feel like the 46 bucks (Canadian price) is worth every penny. The mirror is really nice too. It's very large, so I can't ever imagine myself running out in this lifetime but hey if I did, I'd run right back to Becca highlighters.

In summary, Moonstone is 5/5, gorgeous. If you're very fair, go with Moonstone but Champagne Pop still looks nice with fair skin, not orange like I had feared. If you're medium-tan or darker, Champagne Pop is the right way to go as Moonstone could potentially wash you out and show as ashy on your skin. I have to try out their liquid highlighting formulas one day. :)

God I love this product. As soon as I put it on and went out to dinner EVERYONE complimented me on how great my skin is looking, it just makes me look totally radiant. I give it all the credit because lately have not been able to drink as much water or sleep :\ Definitely worth it.

on 8/29/2014 12:55:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

*Angels singing*
This is one of my most favorite beauty purchases EVER it is such a beautiful color I am a nw15/20 and this color is perfect on me This is not chunky sparkly or glittery its just glows it is finely milled and you only need a small amount. So far I have only used this with my e.l.f small stippling brush (which by the way for $3 is the best stippling brush ever I actually prefer over my RT one) and I got a beautiful glow im on the hunt for a good really full fluffy fan brush not one of the flimsy ones im curious to see how it would turn out with a brush like that. I highly recommend this product I was looking at albatross by NARs but it was a few dollars more and ONLY 4g of product and the Becca shimmering kin perfector is 8g cheaper and in my mind prettier albatross is pretty yellow. Yes its $38 but it will last a long time I guarantee it