Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed - Moonstone

Filtered by eye Color : Hazel
Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed - Moonstone

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

OOH LA LA!! Holy sweet mother of Jesus this is a gorgeous highlighter!
I mean It's pricey as scheisse, and really just makes you question if you're really about to drop all that mulah on one single cosmetic item before you get to the register but man O man is it worth every single little shiny Lincoln that you end up spending on it. First off the compact is cute. Very durable and sleek without being too gawdy, cheap or clunky. Secondly, the quality of the product is excellent. You can tell that it's very much a higher end product So you definitely get what you pay for here. It is extremely pigmented, silky and smooth and a little goes a long way so it will probably last you foreverrrrrr. It applies like a dream and imparts the most beautiful "high definition"kinda glow without making you look like a disco ball. No cheap effect whatsoever. I haven't tried their other shades yet as I found moonshine to be a better shade for my light skintone but who knows, I might give the other shades a second glance now that I've witnessed the wonders of this one. Even though to be honest I only tend to wear it on nights out or special occassions since its so pricey I usually wear my pur minerals highlighter in afterglow or my
julep glow powder in champagne but I gotta admit that this one is definitely my fav and I will definitely be repurchasing if the day ever comes when I run out of it. Trust me, If you're gonna splurge on a makeup item I suggest that you splurge on this one. Highly recommend it. Treat yo self!
You won't regret it^_-

on 1/14/2016 1:21:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

The love of my life. My holy grail highlighter. I'd marry this stuff if it was legal. It's pricey but oh so worth it. A little goes a long way with this stuff. I'm extremely pale so this color works great for me. It will definitely last throughout the day. The packaging is very nice and high quality. I'm trying to figure out how anyone can not love this.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I cannot stress enough about how amazing this product is!!!! UGH it's beautiful. I always feel so glowing and it sits on the skin beautifully, I just don't know what i'd do without this highlighter! HOLY GRAIL! honestly so worth every penny & I won't go without it. xoxo.

on 10/5/2015 7:44:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Love it. Plain and simple, just love it. I own 3 Becca highlighters currently, because that is how in love I am with them. I would probably get all of them if the other colours were suitable for my super pale skin, but alas they are not. I own Moonstone, Champagne Pop, and Rose Gold is currently shipping to my house as I am typing so I'll update my review on that one once I have it. This review page is for moonstone but I'll still give a bit of detail about the others so whoever reads this can get an idea for which is better for them.

In order of which is the most shimmery, highlighting etc. I would say Champagne Pop is quite a bit more highlighting and 'out there'. It's way more glam, and if you watch Jaclyn Hill's youtube videos, basically she does a 'glam highlight' for almost every makeup look she does. While it looks nice, it's not for me. It's easier to be light handed with Moonstone, but still have a strong highlight. Moonstone is a strong highlight for sure, but Champagne Pop is a stronger highlight. I personally think it would be easier to layer this and decide how much glam you want in your look for that day. They are both fantastic, and honestly you can make both look more natural and glam so you can't go wrong.

In terms of dupes, I also own The Balm Mary-Loumanizer. The Becca highlighters are better quality I can say that from the get go. The Balm is an amazing highlighter but when you compare it to the Becca ones the Balm has larger shimmer in it, which I personally don't like. Mary-Loumanizer is more similar to Champagne Pop (however it's a paler gold), but it's kind of right between both of these. Although Mary is a very nice highlighter, I rarely reach for it anymore.

What else can I say? They apply like a dream, blend like a dream, shine like a dream. Good staying power considering how pigmented it is. There is literally nothing bad I can say about them. The packaging is gorgeous, strong, you feel like the 46 bucks (Canadian price) is worth every penny. The mirror is really nice too. It's very large, so I can't ever imagine myself running out in this lifetime but hey if I did, I'd run right back to Becca highlighters.

In summary, Moonstone is 5/5, gorgeous. If you're very fair, go with Moonstone but Champagne Pop still looks nice with fair skin, not orange like I had feared. If you're medium-tan or darker, Champagne Pop is the right way to go as Moonstone could potentially wash you out and show as ashy on your skin. I have to try out their liquid highlighting formulas one day. :)

God I love this product. As soon as I put it on and went out to dinner EVERYONE complimented me on how great my skin is looking, it just makes me look totally radiant. I give it all the credit because lately have not been able to drink as much water or sleep :\ Definitely worth it.

on 8/29/2014 12:55:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

*Angels singing*
This is one of my most favorite beauty purchases EVER it is such a beautiful color I am a nw15/20 and this color is perfect on me This is not chunky sparkly or glittery its just glows it is finely milled and you only need a small amount. So far I have only used this with my e.l.f small stippling brush (which by the way for $3 is the best stippling brush ever I actually prefer over my RT one) and I got a beautiful glow im on the hunt for a good really full fluffy fan brush not one of the flimsy ones im curious to see how it would turn out with a brush like that. I highly recommend this product I was looking at albatross by NARs but it was a few dollars more and ONLY 4g of product and the Becca shimmering kin perfector is 8g cheaper and in my mind prettier albatross is pretty yellow. Yes its $38 but it will last a long time I guarantee it