BECCA Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed Highlighter - Moonstone

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
BECCA Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed Highlighter - Moonstone

4.6

Talc, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Petrolatum, Silica, Boron Nitride, Nylon-12, HDI/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Isostearyl Alcohol, Cera Microcristallina/ Microcrystalline Wax/Cire microcrystalline, Dimethicone, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Acrylates Copolymer, Polyethylene Terephthalate, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Tin Oxide, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Paraffin, Magnesium Stearate, Polyethylene, Tetrasodium EDTA, Potassium Sorbate, Chlorphenesin, Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 7749

on 10/22/2018 11:52:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This is the most perfect highlighter. It gives you that lit from within glow without too much shimmer/glitter. As someone who never wears highlighter, I am now addicted thanks to Becca moonstone. I feel like a Victoria’s Secret model wearing this. It’s so hard to mess up applying it. I love that it’s subtle enough for work but you can layer for more intensity for going out. Don’t be fooled by the ugly packaging - this highlighter is perfection. I am nc20 for reference.

I've been on a year-long journey to find the perfect highlighter that fits my tastes and budget. I've tried other highlighters that people have deemed dewy and natural looking but found some of them too dark or too pink (Essence Pure Nude Highlighter, Laura Mercier Matte Radiance Baked Powder Highlighter, Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed in Opal) on my light neutral olive (?) NC20/C2 to NC25 skin. Some of them when built up were too icy white (Marc Jacobs Glow Stick Glistening Illuminator) or golden (Josie Maran Argan Enlightenment Illuminizing Wand). I've also tried another light gold highlighter (theBalm's Mary-Lou Manizer) which was cute but was too sparkly.

After all that trial and error, I've come to realize that:
a) because of the surface redness on my cheeks, I don't think I can pull off pinky hued highlighters on my face, and
b) I am really picky with my highlighters, so my holy grail would have to be something light gold that leaves a sheen with minimal sparkle

I was hesitant to try other Becca highlighters because not only did I find the pressed highlighter in Opal too dark, it was also too sparkly. However, I was getting desperate...I just wanted to glow! Luckily I gave Becca another chance, and I think I'm in love.

Moonstone is a lighter gold than theBalm's Mary-Lou Manizer and is definitely less sparkly in comparison. The shimmer is very fine and only noticeable if you look up close, plus the colour is the most natural looking on my skin out of all the highlighters I've tried so far. It is a very natural highlight for me, only noticeable when the light hits it at the right angle. Staying power is good, it lasts around 6+ hours on my combination skin and I don't see it noticeably emphasizing texture.

As per usual, the Becca compact is nice and sturdy with a very nice mirror on the inside though (as I've experienced with the Opal highlighter) the rubberized dark brown areas of the compact tends to hold onto any highlight touching it, which gets grubby looking fast. I do wish the packaging for the main line of pressed highlighters was prettier like their 'Light Chasers' or various 'Quartz' highlighters. I've heard that it's not uncommon for these pressed Becca highlighters to shatter during travel, so I bought the travel sized Moonstone too because I adore this highlighter so much.

Overall, this is a great highlighter that has become a staple in my collection and I will keep repurchasing as long as I don't find something better.

on 12/10/2017 4:21:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Eh...it's pretty, but not for me. I found myself having to build this up to get the desired intensity. I'm okay with a subtle glow, but it didn't show much through my makeup unless I packed it on. If I'm going to spend more, then I prefer more intensity. Champagne Pop still takes first place for me. I'll still give it a good rating just because the formula is amazing as usual.

on 12/10/2017 5:04:00 AM

My HG face highlighter! It's perfect for my NC15 skintone and works just as well when I'm 1 to 2 shades darker in summer. So pretty, natural looking, and I love that it doesn't have noticeable shimmer particles. I use it on along my cheekbones, browbone and the middle of my forehead and it never looks too much, it even photographs beautifully. Expensive, but it's going to last me 3 years atleast. The only face highlighter I need, although I do wish that Becca would make a shade identical to MAC's Soft & Gentle, I'd buy it in an instant! Love that shade so much but not a fan of the noticeable shimmer particles.

This is the most natural highlighter that I've ever used. I find highlighters are either too bright or you don't see anything at all. I have a yellow, olive undertone and the moonstone color blends perfectly into my skin. The shimmering powder is very finely milled and brushes over your skin effortlessly. I only have to apply one layer to see the highlights in my skin. My only complaint is that it doesn't last very long. After a few hours, it completely disappears from my skin. This would be a great product for a night out when you only need to be able to see the highlights through dinner.

on 6/23/2017 7:32:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

After trying a couple colors in-store, I decided I liked Moonstone best (Champagne Pop was surprisingly silver on me and Opal was too yellow and glossy-looking). Moonstone has a super-fine gold-champagne shimmer that leans warm. It’s perfect for my light-fair olive skin with pink undertones, though it’s probably too light for darker and/or warmer tones. The pressed powder is superfine and powerfully shimmery. A little goes a long way and it last fairly well, even in humid weather. Sephora advertises this as an intense highlighter, but I prefer a subtle look. For a subtle glow I use a soft, semi-loosely packed brush and use a light touch. It doesn’t irritate my break-out prone, oily skin, nor does it aggravate my eczema. The compact is very sturdy and sometimes hard to open, but it's lasted through international travel. I will buy this again.

on 2/26/2017 10:37:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

This stuff is just sooooo good. Im using this everyday just a little swipe on top of my cheek and im good to go. Doesnt make me look oily or anything just simply glowing (I have very oily skin and is super sensitive) This doesn't broke me out either. Love it! will definitely repurchase.

on 1/9/2017 1:22:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

If you're undecided on shelling out $50 CAD for a highlighter..... I'd say splurge! I got this during a VIB sale at Sephora a year ago & still have a TON left. It's very pigmented & you only need a little; I use sparingly on the high points on my face. I have very oily skin & use a lot of matte products, so need a highlighter to bring dimension to my face. I do a light sweep on my cheeks for a subtle glow. But layer it on my brow bone & inner eye for more contrast.

I got the shade Moonstone, which is described as a pale gold. It looks gorge on my warm NC30 skin. The gold color compliments my skin tone and looks natural. But when the light hits, you see this "silver" reflection from the pale gold color & it's stunning! No glittery sparkles but a shimmering glow. It's buttery smooth & very buildable because it's so finely milled.

With all that said.... I wouldn't repurchase because it's too expensive PLUS I use it so sparingly I could get away with a simple drugstore highlighter. BUT this was a fun splurge & it's a really great product!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

Call me crazy, not a fan. I returned this. This is a yellow based highlighter. I should know by now that I will never go for yellow. I like gold, I don't like yellow. I dislike the packaging. It is solid/heavy, which I like. But the back is rubbery and easily gets dirty and I don't find it attractive. The new gold/silver and rose/silver packaging is quite beautiful, but not this. The powder itself is very soft and easily damaged. When I apply it, I feel like powder is flying everywhere as it's so loosely pressed. Worst, it doesn't show up on my face. It's like my face eats this stuff. I don't know where it goes!
I'm going to try Kat Von D Thunderstruck eyeshadow for a gold highlight and see how that goes. And every time I think I might regret returning this, I use MAC nylon eyeshadow as a highlight.

Absolutely gorgeous. One of my HG powder highlights. It gives a nice glow, has a bit of glitter, but nothing super chunky or unnatural. It gives a natural healthy sheen. The formula is good, and the powder is finely milled.