BECCA Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed Highlighter - Moonstone

Filtered by hair type : Curly
BECCA Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed Highlighter - Moonstone

Talc, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Petrolatum, Silica, Boron Nitride, Nylon-12, HDI/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Isostearyl Alcohol, Cera Microcristallina/ Microcrystalline Wax/Cire microcrystalline, Dimethicone, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Acrylates Copolymer, Polyethylene Terephthalate, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Tin Oxide, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Paraffin, Magnesium Stearate, Polyethylene, Tetrasodium EDTA, Potassium Sorbate, Chlorphenesin, Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 7749

on 10/22/2018 11:52:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This is the most perfect highlighter. It gives you that lit from within glow without too much shimmer/glitter. As someone who never wears highlighter, I am now addicted thanks to Becca moonstone. I feel like a Victoria’s Secret model wearing this. It’s so hard to mess up applying it. I love that it’s subtle enough for work but you can layer for more intensity for going out. Don’t be fooled by the ugly packaging - this highlighter is perfection. I am nc20 for reference.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Doesn’t even show up on my skin...I have to build up a thick layer to see any effect whatsoever, and then it just looks cakey. For reference, my skin tone is fair to light, but looks almost medium in the summer. I have the Becca liquid highlighter too, and it does not show up at all. I would strongly suggest keeping your receipt for this one, because this is a very pointless product to keep around if it doesn’t work for you :( Unrelated to the product itself, the packaging just feels so cheap! The print rubbed off after only a few uses...

on 6/23/2017 7:32:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

After trying a couple colors in-store, I decided I liked Moonstone best (Champagne Pop was surprisingly silver on me and Opal was too yellow and glossy-looking). Moonstone has a super-fine gold-champagne shimmer that leans warm. It’s perfect for my light-fair olive skin with pink undertones, though it’s probably too light for darker and/or warmer tones. The pressed powder is superfine and powerfully shimmery. A little goes a long way and it last fairly well, even in humid weather. Sephora advertises this as an intense highlighter, but I prefer a subtle look. For a subtle glow I use a soft, semi-loosely packed brush and use a light touch. It doesn’t irritate my break-out prone, oily skin, nor does it aggravate my eczema. The compact is very sturdy and sometimes hard to open, but it's lasted through international travel. I will buy this again.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Perfect highlighter. I haven't tried very many but I know that this is a good one. I stole it from my mom but I'm pretty sure it's too expensive. I like that it is not a harsh white. The packaging is not very pretty or exciting, but whatever. When I run out I don't think I'll get this exact same one because I want to try more highlighters, but one day I could go back to this highlighter knowing it's a good one.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I'm not sure what I can say about these highlighters that hasn't been said, so I'm not going to beat a dead horse. Let me just say- I had my sincere doubts about shelling out over $40 with tax on a single highlighter. Not a foundation, or a palette, but a highlighter. Regardless of how much disposable income you're packing, that's a lot to plunk down for a single makeup item.

But hey.. okay.. wow. This highlighter pretty much had me at hello. GORGEOUS golden champagne color payoff with mega shimmer that somehow doesn't emphasize pores or look like a tacky metallic disco ball. A single tap in the pan gives you instant cheekbones- believe me when I say, a dab will do ya, and this will last me a long, long time.

So, moral of the story: Some beauty products aren't worth the hype, or the money. This is one of those rare occasions where instead of kicking myself for spending too much on makeup, I am wondering what I was doing with myself before this came along. If you are on the fence, I can promise you that this is worth every penny and then some!

on 1/21/2016 6:17:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I'm a neutral leaning slightly yellow NC20. Moonstone happens to be very flattering on my skin tone...it leaves a subtle golden pearly sheen to my skin. Although I found the quality of The Balm Mary Lou-Manizer good, it was far too golden on me. Moonstone is like a toned down version, because it has more of a pearl colour base. The shimmers are not chunky at all and I like that Moonstone can look subtle or intense depending on how much I apply, unlike the MAC Soft&Gentle which looks too full on regardless of how sparingly I apply. Moonstone goes on really smoothly and lasts all day on my skin.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Becca is the quintessential Australian girls brand. I've been into Becca for ages and done a few reviews on a couple of products. Everything I have tried I have loved. This powder highlight is the only product of the Moonstone colour family that I own. It has a creamy gold base. This lends to the white gold end of the gold spectrum, with the discontinued "Champagne" (not to be confused with Champagne "pop") being a true gold. The formulation of the pressed powders are up there with the best on the market. The proof of this is in the fact that I am sooooo close to hitting pan on this sucker. It provides a glow, not a spec of chunky glitter to be found. The colour is perfect for my NC25/30 skin, and I would guess that it would suit a range of skin tones from NC/NW 15 to about a 35. As compared to Opal, it's more golden toned and paler (with Opal being darker and more pink toned). As compared to Pearl, it's much more warm toned and yellow based (with Pearl being a cool toned white based highlight). Champagne Pop is more warm toned and leans more towards a true gold.

The packaging is beautiful, heavy and solid to hold which is pretty important because the product is so fragile. The price is high but you get what you pay for with this highlight, it sells for $66 AU at Sephora (Adore beauty sell for about 10 dollars less). In comparison to some other brands:
UD naked illuminating powder is $45 and it's a glitter ball hot mess with no pigment and is just a chunky glitter mess masquerading as a highlight
Hourglass Luminous Light is $66 aswell but is much more subtle, still beautiful but it's also a tad darker and more on the line of Opal.
Mac Soft and Gentle is around $50 and in my opinion the quality is terrible. Chunky and glittery, such a mess that will leave you looking stank.

All in all Becca Moonstone is a no brainer for pale to medium skin tones. If you want to spend money on a highlight, then do it here.

on 10/5/2015 7:44:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Love it. Plain and simple, just love it. I own 3 Becca highlighters currently, because that is how in love I am with them. I would probably get all of them if the other colours were suitable for my super pale skin, but alas they are not. I own Moonstone, Champagne Pop, and Rose Gold is currently shipping to my house as I am typing so I'll update my review on that one once I have it. This review page is for moonstone but I'll still give a bit of detail about the others so whoever reads this can get an idea for which is better for them.

In order of which is the most shimmery, highlighting etc. I would say Champagne Pop is quite a bit more highlighting and 'out there'. It's way more glam, and if you watch Jaclyn Hill's youtube videos, basically she does a 'glam highlight' for almost every makeup look she does. While it looks nice, it's not for me. It's easier to be light handed with Moonstone, but still have a strong highlight. Moonstone is a strong highlight for sure, but Champagne Pop is a stronger highlight. I personally think it would be easier to layer this and decide how much glam you want in your look for that day. They are both fantastic, and honestly you can make both look more natural and glam so you can't go wrong.

In terms of dupes, I also own The Balm Mary-Loumanizer. The Becca highlighters are better quality I can say that from the get go. The Balm is an amazing highlighter but when you compare it to the Becca ones the Balm has larger shimmer in it, which I personally don't like. Mary-Loumanizer is more similar to Champagne Pop (however it's a paler gold), but it's kind of right between both of these. Although Mary is a very nice highlighter, I rarely reach for it anymore.

What else can I say? They apply like a dream, blend like a dream, shine like a dream. Good staying power considering how pigmented it is. There is literally nothing bad I can say about them. The packaging is gorgeous, strong, you feel like the 46 bucks (Canadian price) is worth every penny. The mirror is really nice too. It's very large, so I can't ever imagine myself running out in this lifetime but hey if I did, I'd run right back to Becca highlighters.

In summary, Moonstone is 5/5, gorgeous. If you're very fair, go with Moonstone but Champagne Pop still looks nice with fair skin, not orange like I had feared. If you're medium-tan or darker, Champagne Pop is the right way to go as Moonstone could potentially wash you out and show as ashy on your skin. I have to try out their liquid highlighting formulas one day. :)

on 4/8/2015 12:32:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

had huge, visible sparkles in it. i prefer more of a shiny look instead of a sparkly look, so i wasn't particularly impressed. returned.