BECCA Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed Highlighter - Moonstone

Filtered by hair type : Straight
BECCA Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed Highlighter - Moonstone

4.5

Talc, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Petrolatum, Silica, Boron Nitride, Nylon-12, HDI/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Isostearyl Alcohol, Cera Microcristallina/ Microcrystalline Wax/Cire microcrystalline, Dimethicone, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Acrylates Copolymer, Polyethylene Terephthalate, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Tin Oxide, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Paraffin, Magnesium Stearate, Polyethylene, Tetrasodium EDTA, Potassium Sorbate, Chlorphenesin, Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 7749

I've been on a year-long journey to find the perfect highlighter that fits my tastes and budget. I've tried other highlighters that people have deemed dewy and natural looking but found some of them too dark or too pink (Essence Pure Nude Highlighter, Laura Mercier Matte Radiance Baked Powder Highlighter, Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed in Opal) on my light neutral olive (?) NC20/C2 to NC25 skin. Some of them when built up were too icy white (Marc Jacobs Glow Stick Glistening Illuminator) or golden (Josie Maran Argan Enlightenment Illuminizing Wand). I've also tried another light gold highlighter (theBalm's Mary-Lou Manizer) which was cute but was too sparkly.

After all that trial and error, I've come to realize that:
a) because of the surface redness on my cheeks, I don't think I can pull off pinky hued highlighters on my face, and
b) I am really picky with my highlighters, so my holy grail would have to be something light gold that leaves a sheen with minimal sparkle

I was hesitant to try other Becca highlighters because not only did I find the pressed highlighter in Opal too dark, it was also too sparkly. However, I was getting desperate...I just wanted to glow! Luckily I gave Becca another chance, and I think I'm in love.

Moonstone is a lighter gold than theBalm's Mary-Lou Manizer and is definitely less sparkly in comparison. The shimmer is very fine and only noticeable if you look up close, plus the colour is the most natural looking on my skin out of all the highlighters I've tried so far. It is a very natural highlight for me, only noticeable when the light hits it at the right angle. Staying power is good, it lasts around 6+ hours on my combination skin and I don't see it noticeably emphasizing texture.

As per usual, the Becca compact is nice and sturdy with a very nice mirror on the inside though (as I've experienced with the Opal highlighter) the rubberized dark brown areas of the compact tends to hold onto any highlight touching it, which gets grubby looking fast. I do wish the packaging for the main line of pressed highlighters was prettier like their 'Light Chasers' or various 'Quartz' highlighters. I've heard that it's not uncommon for these pressed Becca highlighters to shatter during travel, so I bought the travel sized Moonstone too because I adore this highlighter so much.

Overall, this is a great highlighter that has become a staple in my collection and I will keep repurchasing as long as I don't find something better.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Who doesn't own a Becca pressed highlighter at this point? They're so wildly popular for a reason. The pressed SSPs are intensely pigmented yet almost foolproof because they're so finely milled. It never ends up glittery or powdery no matter how much you apply. The finish is about as natural and smooth as it can possibly get with a powder highlight.

Moonstone is a light gold that is especially flattering on yellow skin tones. There are definitely dupes out there, but what you're paying for is the quality of the product. Also, the price tag really isn't bad at all considering these highlighters last for an eternity.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is a great highlighter. A little pricey, but lasts a long time. I've had mine for 8 months and barely made a dent.

If you are looking for similar, more affordable options I recommend colourpop smoke n whistles.

Overall would repurchase.

on 6/21/2016 5:06:00 AM

Wow, the Becca moonstone highlighter is so beautiful. I know everyone and their mother has gone highlighter crazy but just remember that Becca was doing highlighters and doing them well before everyone else jumped on the band wagon. I went to a makeup seminar by Miss Fame. He was a contestant on RuPaul's Drag race. If you don't know who he is, look him up. He does amazing makeup. During his class, he raved over moonstone and said it was his favorite highlighter. Moonstone compliments everyone. I am very pale and this looks like a true glowy shimmer on me. The color is a pale champagne shade. There is no peach or yellow in it. It reminds me of NARS Copacabana in powder form. It's stunning. I think this is a staple product for anyone. I love it.

on 1/21/2016 6:33:00 PM

BECCA Shimmering Skin Pefectors are LIFE. In one fell swoop I bought, moonstone, opal and rose gold. My favorite is moonstone and opal. Rose gold is just too dark for me. This product is both soft and pigmented. This is a little more on the light gold side than opal which is more of a golden highlight.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

The Becca Highlighters deserve all the hype they get!

This is best suited for fair skin and it leaves you with a pearly porcelain glow!
It looks especially good on camera with high-flash because the light reflectors in the product make you look RED CARPET READY.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I cannot stress enough about how amazing this product is!!!! UGH it's beautiful. I always feel so glowing and it sits on the skin beautifully, I just don't know what i'd do without this highlighter! HOLY GRAIL! honestly so worth every penny & I won't go without it. xoxo.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Becca gets a lot of hype for their highlighters. But they really are great, and they look really pretty on.

So which should you get? Liquid, pressed, or poured?
I currently have the liquid in pearl. I think the liquid versions have the least amount of "glitter' in them. (although the glitter is quite fine, and doesn't appear glittery on the skin in any of the formulas) The liquid is a little better if you want something more subtle, because you can layer it under foundation too. (or mix it with foundation, if you like the glowy type of look)

I also have the pressed in Moonstone. I am in LOVE with the pressed formula. It goes on so easily, and you can really build it up, or sheer it out. (although it's a bit easier to overdo it with the pressed formula)

I haven't tried the poured, but I believe it is something in between the two, a creamier type powder.

What color should you get if you are pale?
My summer tan color has been NW20. The Opal sample I received actually looked really nice on my skin, and I used it all. But with my tan fading fast, moonstone was a perfect choice. (typically around NW10-15 in Winter) Initially I was afraid this would be too yellow for my cool-toned skin, but it really looks great. It is neutral and sheer enough that I think both cool and warm tones could easily wear.

I did read that they are going to release Pearl in the pressed formula sometime next Spring. Honestly, I think that might be too white, that it would be quite stark against the skin. I am super happy with Moonstone.

on 8/5/2015 4:35:00 PM

Ohhhh my goodness me ladies, if you don't own this highlighter, you need it in your life!!
I had tried numerous highlighters and liked a few of them but I never loved them, this highlighter was a complete game changer for me! It is absolutely stunning!! I'm not a glitter or sparkle kind of girl so this product is ideal! It gives the most gorgeous shimmer in the whole world! I have extremely pale skin and my friend has very tanned skin, she also loves it! It's an all rounder. Sooo highly pigmented! I have nothing but adoration for this! You will not regret buying this, I promise!

I've heard rave reviews forever about Becca's highlighters, and was in need of a really great one. I already owned the liquid hightlight from Becca in Moonstone and absolutely fell in LOVE with it, so I figured I would give this a go because this specific color flattered my skin tone so well.

To start, the packaging is pretty, brushed metal for a touch of elegance, so upon seeing it, I found that really cute. I opened it, saw it had a great mirror (another plus, for on the go). When you first see the powder it looks soft even in the pan. Moonstone is an very light yellow gold, with white gold baby fine flecks throughout. I applied it to my cheeks using my fingers because I was curious of the consistency, which was so buttery smooth and VERY pigmented. After patting a bit on my cheek bones, and a little on the bridge of my nose, a touch on my cupids bow, I then stepped back and looked in the mirror. LADIES, oh ladies, it was SO beautiful!!! I looked lit from within, and it accentuated and lifted my already high cheekbones making my whole face look amazing. I am SO SO happy I bought this, and will be stocking up! Highly recommend. Hands down, the best highlighter I've ever used!! :))