Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed Highlighter - Moonstone

Filtered by hair type : Other
Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed Highlighter - Moonstone

4.7

Talc, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Petrolatum, Silica, Boron Nitride, Nylon-12, HDI/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Isostearyl Alcohol, Cera Microcristallina/ Microcrystalline Wax/Cire microcrystalline, Dimethicone, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Acrylates Copolymer, Polyethylene Terephthalate, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Tin Oxide, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Paraffin, Magnesium Stearate, Polyethylene, Tetrasodium EDTA, Potassium Sorbate, Chlorphenesin, Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 7749

MY FAVORITE (and a ton of other girls' HG) Shimmery Highlighter!

This is not for the faint of heart (unless when using a duo brush or a very light hand)!

It feels very finely milled, and FULL of metallic pigment! LOVE!!! I admit, highlighters these days are (formulaically) very hard to seriously mess up, as there are so many good high and low end options that don't leave you looking like a disco ball nowadays,but what singles this whole line (I have and love 'Opal', 'Rose Gold', 'Champagne Pop', and 'Pearl' powders, along with a few liquid SSPs as well) is that they are super-metallic, not sparkly, and go on very smoothly, not chunky. They look almost ethereal, yet can also achieve the super ubiquitous, almost obnoxious Instagram heavy highlighter-cut crease, cateye-bold lip combo.

I tried it for the first time almost a decade ago when the names were different and shades of the highlighters were less natural in shades. They only offered pressed, loose powder, and liquid at that time, all of which I loved, but the shades are prettier now…Give it a try (it is quite easy to find nowadays

PS: I just tried three of the glow-inducing, recently released "Luminous Blushes" and the "Backlight Primer". They are truly lovely, and must try products if you enjoy the preternatural, illuminated look :P(See my review for the 'Opal' shade here:

on 1/5/2016 2:35:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

OMG I am absolutely in love with this highlighter!!!! Since I have more of a medium to tan skin tone, it's recommended for me to use more gold highlighters (eg. Becca Opal), so I bought the Colourpop highlighter in WISP which is super pretty, but I find didn't get the job done for me. Since I prefer my highlights to add a little bit of brightness to the cheeks. I picked up the shade Moonstone even though it is said to better suit lighter skin tones and have been using it non stop ever since I got it! The formula of these highlighters are buttery smooth with amazing pigment and very fine and delicate shimmer! I apply mine with a tapered highlighter brush, but for a softer look I would use a fan brush. I dust this stuff on the tops of my cheeks, tip of the nose (don't overdo it girls), on the centre of the chin, cupids bow and a little bit on the tops of the arches of my brows. I get the most gorgeous glow from this stuff which is well needed especially since I have oily skin and tend to wear matte foundations. The only downside to this is the price tag, but I find it to be well worth it!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

GORGEOUS! This highlighter is SO pigmented and glow-ey! I have super pale skin and it looks great on me. The packaging is beautiful.
Definitely worth the money! Highly recommend!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I only own this product for couple of months - but it is my truly HG pressed highlighter of the moment; I have never tried a highlighter with a better formulation.

The texture is what makes this highlighter unique - it is not too dry or powdery. Quite on the contrary it glides on very smooth and feels buttery to touch. The finish is not glittery or chalky whatsoever - it reflect like a pearl on the face.

On the skin it doesn't clog pores or accentuate them. With a right highlighter brush it applies like a dream and lasts for about 5-6 hours on me.

This powder is also quite buildable, so you can always achieve a more dramatic look with it when needed.

For more thoughts and swatches on this Becca highlighter in Moonstone you can check this blog post here. Hope it helps!

on 1/9/2017 1:22:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

If you're undecided on shelling out $50 CAD for a highlighter..... I'd say splurge! I got this during a VIB sale at Sephora a year ago & still have a TON left. It's very pigmented & you only need a little; I use sparingly on the high points on my face. I have very oily skin & use a lot of matte products, so need a highlighter to bring dimension to my face. I do a light sweep on my cheeks for a subtle glow. But layer it on my brow bone & inner eye for more contrast.

I got the shade Moonstone, which is described as a pale gold. It looks gorge on my warm NC30 skin. The gold color compliments my skin tone and looks natural. But when the light hits, you see this "silver" reflection from the pale gold color & it's stunning! No glittery sparkles but a shimmering glow. It's buttery smooth & very buildable because it's so finely milled.

With all that said.... I wouldn't repurchase because it's too expensive PLUS I use it so sparingly I could get away with a simple drugstore highlighter. BUT this was a fun splurge & it's a really great product!

Skin: Combination, Other, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

opal was sold out so i got this and when i opened first thing in my mind |The Blam Mary lou- highlighter swatches them both and i was like sh** wasted my money they are pretty much really really close dupe and the balm one is more intense witch in my case means better, of you have the balm highlighter dont run getting this , normal person that isnt into makeup most likely woudnt know the difference and even the consistency and look of them in the packaging is the same.
I will get the opal just to try, im not saying the product is bad but if i would have known i would have not purchased it