Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed - Moonstone

Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed - Moonstone

3.9

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Doesn’t even show up on my skin...I have to build up a thick layer to see any effect whatsoever, and then it just looks cakey. For reference, my skin tone is fair to light, but looks almost medium in the summer. I have the Becca liquid highlighter too, and it does not show up at all. I would strongly suggest keeping your receipt for this one, because this is a very pointless product to keep around if it doesn’t work for you :( Unrelated to the product itself, the packaging just feels so cheap! The print rubbed off after only a few uses...

Absolutely gorgeous. One of my HG powder highlights. It gives a nice glow, has a bit of glitter, but nothing super chunky or unnatural. It gives a natural healthy sheen. The formula is good, and the powder is finely milled.

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Who doesn't own a Becca pressed highlighter at this point? They're so wildly popular for a reason. The pressed SSPs are intensely pigmented yet almost foolproof because they're so finely milled. It never ends up glittery or powdery no matter how much you apply. The finish is about as natural and smooth as it can possibly get with a powder highlight.

Moonstone is a light gold that is especially flattering on yellow skin tones. There are definitely dupes out there, but what you're paying for is the quality of the product. Also, the price tag really isn't bad at all considering these highlighters last for an eternity.

on 6/2/2016 3:45:00 PM

OMG, I just can't stop looking at my face! This highlights beautifully and makes me look fresh and dewy. I'm 36 and I swear this product makes me look a few years younger.

I have always heard that Becca was the creme de la creme of highlighters but I was weary of buying it because of the price tag. I am a firm believer that you don't need to spend a lot of money for most makeup. However, this is totally worth the us$38 I paid. I am a convert and will definitely use this on a daily basis.

A HUGE thank you to the Ulta rep who convinced me to make this purchase.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Becca is the quintessential Australian girls brand. I've been into Becca for ages and done a few reviews on a couple of products. Everything I have tried I have loved. This powder highlight is the only product of the Moonstone colour family that I own. It has a creamy gold base. This lends to the white gold end of the gold spectrum, with the discontinued "Champagne" (not to be confused with Champagne "pop") being a true gold. The formulation of the pressed powders are up there with the best on the market. The proof of this is in the fact that I am sooooo close to hitting pan on this sucker. It provides a glow, not a spec of chunky glitter to be found. The colour is perfect for my NC25/30 skin, and I would guess that it would suit a range of skin tones from NC/NW 15 to about a 35. As compared to Opal, it's more golden toned and paler (with Opal being darker and more pink toned). As compared to Pearl, it's much more warm toned and yellow based (with Pearl being a cool toned white based highlight). Champagne Pop is more warm toned and leans more towards a true gold.

The packaging is beautiful, heavy and solid to hold which is pretty important because the product is so fragile. The price is high but you get what you pay for with this highlight, it sells for $66 AU at Sephora (Adore beauty sell for about 10 dollars less). In comparison to some other brands:
UD naked illuminating powder is $45 and it's a glitter ball hot mess with no pigment and is just a chunky glitter mess masquerading as a highlight
Hourglass Luminous Light is $66 aswell but is much more subtle, still beautiful but it's also a tad darker and more on the line of Opal.
Mac Soft and Gentle is around $50 and in my opinion the quality is terrible. Chunky and glittery, such a mess that will leave you looking stank.

All in all Becca Moonstone is a no brainer for pale to medium skin tones. If you want to spend money on a highlight, then do it here.

I only own this product for couple of months - but it is my truly HG pressed highlighter of the moment; I have never tried a highlighter with a better formulation.

The texture is what makes this highlighter unique - it is not too dry or powdery. Quite on the contrary it glides on very smooth and feels buttery to touch. The finish is not glittery or chalky whatsoever - it reflect like a pearl on the face.

On the skin it doesn't clog pores or accentuate them. With a right highlighter brush it applies like a dream and lasts for about 5-6 hours on me.

This powder is also quite buildable, so you can always achieve a more dramatic look with it when needed.

For more thoughts and swatches on this Becca highlighter in Moonstone you can check this blog post here. Hope it helps!

on 4/8/2015 12:32:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

had huge, visible sparkles in it. i prefer more of a shiny look instead of a sparkly look, so i wasn't particularly impressed. returned.

on 8/29/2014 12:55:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

*Angels singing*
This is one of my most favorite beauty purchases EVER it is such a beautiful color I am a nw15/20 and this color is perfect on me This is not chunky sparkly or glittery its just glows it is finely milled and you only need a small amount. So far I have only used this with my e.l.f small stippling brush (which by the way for $3 is the best stippling brush ever I actually prefer over my RT one) and I got a beautiful glow im on the hunt for a good really full fluffy fan brush not one of the flimsy ones im curious to see how it would turn out with a brush like that. I highly recommend this product I was looking at albatross by NARs but it was a few dollars more and ONLY 4g of product and the Becca shimmering kin perfector is 8g cheaper and in my mind prettier albatross is pretty yellow. Yes its $38 but it will last a long time I guarantee it