BECCA Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed Highlighter - Moonstone

Filtered by skin type : Dry
BECCA Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed Highlighter - Moonstone

3.8

Talc, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Petrolatum, Silica, Boron Nitride, Nylon-12, HDI/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Isostearyl Alcohol, Cera Microcristallina/ Microcrystalline Wax/Cire microcrystalline, Dimethicone, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Acrylates Copolymer, Polyethylene Terephthalate, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Tin Oxide, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Paraffin, Magnesium Stearate, Polyethylene, Tetrasodium EDTA, Potassium Sorbate, Chlorphenesin, Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 7749

on 10/22/2018 1:57:00 PM

This product is very pretty on first application, but definitely for very light skin. Now after I’d say 20mins, it’s nowhere to be seen. Flaked right off, and I’m left with zero highlight. Would be better for people with oily skin, as it would stick to the natural oils. For dry skinned girls, I’d say an other becca highlighter! Champagne pop and opal don’t have the same problem!!!

on 10/22/2018 11:52:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This is the most perfect highlighter. It gives you that lit from within glow without too much shimmer/glitter. As someone who never wears highlighter, I am now addicted thanks to Becca moonstone. I feel like a Victoria’s Secret model wearing this. It’s so hard to mess up applying it. I love that it’s subtle enough for work but you can layer for more intensity for going out. Don’t be fooled by the ugly packaging - this highlighter is perfection. I am nc20 for reference.

on 9/25/2018 1:24:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is my first highlighter so I don't have much to compare it to, but I really like this. It has a subtle but clear effect. It doesn't sparkle; it glows, and that's exactly what I was looking for. In full sun you can see a little bit of glitter here and there, but it's perfect for a natural look in the shade or indoors. The color is gorgeous, a pale orangey gold that's super flattering on my yellow-olive NC20 skin. Because the powder is so finely milled, I have a lot of control over how much I apply and I'm able to keep it from looking obviously powdery on my skin, especially when I spray the brush with a little finishing spray before picking it up.

Would I repurchase if I ran out? I don't know. Tell you what, I'll report back in 20 years when I finally hit pan.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

My mum was not happy with it so i inherited the product from her makeup bag. And sadly imho despite being so highly recommended it falls short for me.

I'm into a very natural look in my makeup, I have very dry skin on my cheeks and therefore I always lean towards creme/liquid highlighters (RMS Living Luminizer is my current go to) but there is one, sadly discontinued now, stripy powder highlighter from Dior that is a benchmark for me as it is simply inpercevable on the skin while giving the whole face a healthy, alive, slept-for-8+hours look I strive for when I'm now over 40.

Sadly Becca's highlighter is so powdery and rough in comparison that it does not really do much. It is very subtle sheen but I still see the powdery residue on my cheeks. Colour - a golden leaning champagne is very pretty on my neutral-olive-pale yellow skin tone but I still see the particles of the highlighter that settles in all the tiny wrinkles near my eyes. I need to try mixing a little bit of it with my moisturiser and seeing if that would work to make it bond better with the skin surface rather than just sit on top of it. Packaging is absolutely gorgeous though.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Doesn’t even show up on my skin...I have to build up a thick layer to see any effect whatsoever, and then it just looks cakey. For reference, my skin tone is fair to light, but looks almost medium in the summer. I have the Becca liquid highlighter too, and it does not show up at all. I would strongly suggest keeping your receipt for this one, because this is a very pointless product to keep around if it doesn’t work for you :( Unrelated to the product itself, the packaging just feels so cheap! The print rubbed off after only a few uses...

Absolutely gorgeous. One of my HG powder highlights. It gives a nice glow, has a bit of glitter, but nothing super chunky or unnatural. It gives a natural healthy sheen. The formula is good, and the powder is finely milled.

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Who doesn't own a Becca pressed highlighter at this point? They're so wildly popular for a reason. The pressed SSPs are intensely pigmented yet almost foolproof because they're so finely milled. It never ends up glittery or powdery no matter how much you apply. The finish is about as natural and smooth as it can possibly get with a powder highlight.

Moonstone is a light gold that is especially flattering on yellow skin tones. There are definitely dupes out there, but what you're paying for is the quality of the product. Also, the price tag really isn't bad at all considering these highlighters last for an eternity.

on 6/2/2016 3:45:00 PM

OMG, I just can't stop looking at my face! This highlights beautifully and makes me look fresh and dewy. I'm 36 and I swear this product makes me look a few years younger.

I have always heard that Becca was the creme de la creme of highlighters but I was weary of buying it because of the price tag. I am a firm believer that you don't need to spend a lot of money for most makeup. However, this is totally worth the us$38 I paid. I am a convert and will definitely use this on a daily basis.

A HUGE thank you to the Ulta rep who convinced me to make this purchase.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Becca is the quintessential Australian girls brand. I've been into Becca for ages and done a few reviews on a couple of products. Everything I have tried I have loved. This powder highlight is the only product of the Moonstone colour family that I own. It has a creamy gold base. This lends to the white gold end of the gold spectrum, with the discontinued "Champagne" (not to be confused with Champagne "pop") being a true gold. The formulation of the pressed powders are up there with the best on the market. The proof of this is in the fact that I am sooooo close to hitting pan on this sucker. It provides a glow, not a spec of chunky glitter to be found. The colour is perfect for my NC25/30 skin, and I would guess that it would suit a range of skin tones from NC/NW 15 to about a 35. As compared to Opal, it's more golden toned and paler (with Opal being darker and more pink toned). As compared to Pearl, it's much more warm toned and yellow based (with Pearl being a cool toned white based highlight). Champagne Pop is more warm toned and leans more towards a true gold.

The packaging is beautiful, heavy and solid to hold which is pretty important because the product is so fragile. The price is high but you get what you pay for with this highlight, it sells for $66 AU at Sephora (Adore beauty sell for about 10 dollars less). In comparison to some other brands:
UD naked illuminating powder is $45 and it's a glitter ball hot mess with no pigment and is just a chunky glitter mess masquerading as a highlight
Hourglass Luminous Light is $66 aswell but is much more subtle, still beautiful but it's also a tad darker and more on the line of Opal.
Mac Soft and Gentle is around $50 and in my opinion the quality is terrible. Chunky and glittery, such a mess that will leave you looking stank.

All in all Becca Moonstone is a no brainer for pale to medium skin tones. If you want to spend money on a highlight, then do it here.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I only own this product for couple of months - but it is my truly HG pressed highlighter of the moment; I have never tried a highlighter with a better formulation.

The texture is what makes this highlighter unique - it is not too dry or powdery. Quite on the contrary it glides on very smooth and feels buttery to touch. The finish is not glittery or chalky whatsoever - it reflect like a pearl on the face.

On the skin it doesn't clog pores or accentuate them. With a right highlighter brush it applies like a dream and lasts for about 5-6 hours on me.

This powder is also quite buildable, so you can always achieve a more dramatic look with it when needed.

For more thoughts and swatches on this Becca highlighter in Moonstone you can check this blog post here. Hope it helps!