Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed Highlighter - Moonstone

Filtered by skin type : Very Dry
Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed Highlighter - Moonstone

Talc, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Petrolatum, Silica, Boron Nitride, Nylon-12, HDI/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Isostearyl Alcohol, Cera Microcristallina/ Microcrystalline Wax/Cire microcrystalline, Dimethicone, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Acrylates Copolymer, Polyethylene Terephthalate, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Tin Oxide, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Paraffin, Magnesium Stearate, Polyethylene, Tetrasodium EDTA, Potassium Sorbate, Chlorphenesin, Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 7749

on 12/15/2016 8:08:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

This is by far my favourite highlighter of all time, I even like it better than champagne pop. Shocker, I know.

It is so so soft and buttery - almost doesn't even feel like powder. Its not chunky or glittery, the shimmer is beautiful and the colour is perfect for my skin tone.

I'm absolutely in love and obsessed with this. I would repurchase it in a heartbeat, I'd even keep backups.

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

Love this, must have. I've used lots of highlighters over the years, this is my favourite. Especially in winter. It's soft, glowy and if you apply with a light hand, natural.

I used a large, square shaped brush. I swipe along the broad part of my upper check, starting from the middle of my eye, up over my cheek and then swipe on my forehead and then brow bone area. (I'm probably not describing this well!). I then swipe a bit down my nose, super thin, cupids bow and that tiny bit under the fullest part of my lower lip. I don't find adding to the inner corners of my eyes works for me, but, a very small thin line on the lower lash line until the middle of the eye is great. Light hand. Then blend.

It's the easiest of all highlighters I've purchased to apply, which seems counter intuitive, but us true! It's smooth and creamy and I feel like I get good control for a sheer wash of colour that I can build for evenings.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Becca gets a lot of hype for their highlighters. But they really are great, and they look really pretty on.

So which should you get? Liquid, pressed, or poured?
I currently have the liquid in pearl. I think the liquid versions have the least amount of "glitter' in them. (although the glitter is quite fine, and doesn't appear glittery on the skin in any of the formulas) The liquid is a little better if you want something more subtle, because you can layer it under foundation too. (or mix it with foundation, if you like the glowy type of look)

I also have the pressed in Moonstone. I am in LOVE with the pressed formula. It goes on so easily, and you can really build it up, or sheer it out. (although it's a bit easier to overdo it with the pressed formula)

I haven't tried the poured, but I believe it is something in between the two, a creamier type powder.

What color should you get if you are pale?
My summer tan color has been NW20. The Opal sample I received actually looked really nice on my skin, and I used it all. But with my tan fading fast, moonstone was a perfect choice. (typically around NW10-15 in Winter) Initially I was afraid this would be too yellow for my cool-toned skin, but it really looks great. It is neutral and sheer enough that I think both cool and warm tones could easily wear.

I did read that they are going to release Pearl in the pressed formula sometime next Spring. Honestly, I think that might be too white, that it would be quite stark against the skin. I am super happy with Moonstone.

on 7/29/2014 12:10:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have both this shade and Opal and I really love these. With this shade, I was a bit concerned because golden toned highlights can tend to look a bit fake and obvious on me, but not this. And it highlights in such a natural way. It IS shimmering but not glittery, very richly pigmented and buttery in texture. At first glance it reminded me of theBalm's Mary Loumanizer, but this is less glittery, but the tone is similar. Would repurchase.