BECCA Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed Highlighter - Moonstone

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
BECCA Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed Highlighter - Moonstone

4.3

Talc, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Petrolatum, Silica, Boron Nitride, Nylon-12, HDI/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Isostearyl Alcohol, Cera Microcristallina/ Microcrystalline Wax/Cire microcrystalline, Dimethicone, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Acrylates Copolymer, Polyethylene Terephthalate, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Tin Oxide, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Paraffin, Magnesium Stearate, Polyethylene, Tetrasodium EDTA, Potassium Sorbate, Chlorphenesin, Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 7749

on 10/22/2018 1:57:00 PM

This product is very pretty on first application, but definitely for very light skin. Now after I’d say 20mins, it’s nowhere to be seen. Flaked right off, and I’m left with zero highlight. Would be better for people with oily skin, as it would stick to the natural oils. For dry skinned girls, I’d say an other becca highlighter! Champagne pop and opal don’t have the same problem!!!

on 10/22/2018 11:52:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This is the most perfect highlighter. It gives you that lit from within glow without too much shimmer/glitter. As someone who never wears highlighter, I am now addicted thanks to Becca moonstone. I feel like a Victoria’s Secret model wearing this. It’s so hard to mess up applying it. I love that it’s subtle enough for work but you can layer for more intensity for going out. Don’t be fooled by the ugly packaging - this highlighter is perfection. I am nc20 for reference.

The Becca Pressed Highlighter in Moonstone is a great highlighter if you're looking for something subtle rather than a dramatic strobing effect, or if you're new to highlighter and looking to ease into it.

This product was a slow burn for me. My initial impression was that it wasn't doing anything. It is very, very subtle. I was confused about the rave reviews, especially considering the hefty price tag. But after trying it a few times, it became my go-to daily highlighter.

The reason is that for one thing, contrary to my first impression, this highlighter does effectively highlight. But it has a very finely milled quality that makes it a lot more subtle and skin-like. It looks like what runway makeup artists use to make models' skin look perfect and luminous. In contrast there's also a highlighter trend that leans toward something really otherworldly, alien and holographic, and this highlighter is not what you would probably want to use to achieve that.

The other thing is that I like how subtle it is. I like my make up low key for work (not at all knocking those who like something more dramatic, that's awesome and you do you), and I did have a few instances with other highlighters where I would kind of overdo it and it looked like obvious shimmer. This is because 1. I'm tired first thing in the morning when I apply my makeup, which is not great for motor skills and 2. I'm not incredibly careful or skilled with makeup. Either way, I like that with Becca Moonstone it's a lot harder to muck up.

I think I'd like to try other colors just for fun, but Moonstone has been a good natural-looking shade for me, with probably NC15 skin. I was unsure about Moonstone since it is described as a gold, which is not a highlighter shade I would normally go for. But it seemed the best for me of the minis Sephora had in stock, and I wanted to try a Becca highlighter, and I'm cheap and was not going to buy a full size, so I bought it. And I'm glad I did. The gold is pretty subtle and does not read GOLD ALL CAPS when applied. For the record I use highlighter on my cheekbones up in a c-shape to the ends of my eyebrows.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Doesn’t even show up on my skin...I have to build up a thick layer to see any effect whatsoever, and then it just looks cakey. For reference, my skin tone is fair to light, but looks almost medium in the summer. I have the Becca liquid highlighter too, and it does not show up at all. I would strongly suggest keeping your receipt for this one, because this is a very pointless product to keep around if it doesn’t work for you :( Unrelated to the product itself, the packaging just feels so cheap! The print rubbed off after only a few uses...

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Perfect highlighter. I haven't tried very many but I know that this is a good one. I stole it from my mom but I'm pretty sure it's too expensive. I like that it is not a harsh white. The packaging is not very pretty or exciting, but whatever. When I run out I don't think I'll get this exact same one because I want to try more highlighters, but one day I could go back to this highlighter knowing it's a good one.

on 3/1/2017 6:55:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

The most instense highlight I own. I've almost hit pan after 2 years, it's the highlighter I use almost daily.

on 11/10/2016 5:43:00 PM

I love this highlighter! It's soft, smooth, and applies like a dream. On me it does not accentuate lines or pores. I love the shade itself it goes very well with my skintone. For reference NW20,NARS Monte Blanc, blonde hair, green eyes, and very cool undertones. On me it looks so nice I also own Pearl and Opal. I have 2 of the liquids as well so I really like these highlighters. They are soft and delicate but they apply so well and it looks fantastic on the skin. Also it's a great shade for my fellow pale ladies. Love. Recommended!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

Call me crazy, not a fan. I returned this. This is a yellow based highlighter. I should know by now that I will never go for yellow. I like gold, I don't like yellow. I dislike the packaging. It is solid/heavy, which I like. But the back is rubbery and easily gets dirty and I don't find it attractive. The new gold/silver and rose/silver packaging is quite beautiful, but not this. The powder itself is very soft and easily damaged. When I apply it, I feel like powder is flying everywhere as it's so loosely pressed. Worst, it doesn't show up on my face. It's like my face eats this stuff. I don't know where it goes!
I'm going to try Kat Von D Thunderstruck eyeshadow for a gold highlight and see how that goes. And every time I think I might regret returning this, I use MAC nylon eyeshadow as a highlight.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I'm not sure what I can say about these highlighters that hasn't been said, so I'm not going to beat a dead horse. Let me just say- I had my sincere doubts about shelling out over $40 with tax on a single highlighter. Not a foundation, or a palette, but a highlighter. Regardless of how much disposable income you're packing, that's a lot to plunk down for a single makeup item.

But hey.. okay.. wow. This highlighter pretty much had me at hello. GORGEOUS golden champagne color payoff with mega shimmer that somehow doesn't emphasize pores or look like a tacky metallic disco ball. A single tap in the pan gives you instant cheekbones- believe me when I say, a dab will do ya, and this will last me a long, long time.

So, moral of the story: Some beauty products aren't worth the hype, or the money. This is one of those rare occasions where instead of kicking myself for spending too much on makeup, I am wondering what I was doing with myself before this came along. If you are on the fence, I can promise you that this is worth every penny and then some!

Absolutely gorgeous. One of my HG powder highlights. It gives a nice glow, has a bit of glitter, but nothing super chunky or unnatural. It gives a natural healthy sheen. The formula is good, and the powder is finely milled.