Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed - Moonstone

Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed - Moonstone

4.5

on 12/10/2017 5:04:00 AM

My HG face highlighter! It's perfect for my NC15 skintone and works just as well when I'm 1 to 2 shades darker in summer. So pretty, natural looking, and I love that it doesn't have noticeable shimmer particles. I use it on along my cheekbones, browbone and the middle of my forehead and it never looks too much, it even photographs beautifully. Expensive, but it's going to last me 3 years atleast. The only face highlighter I need, although I do wish that Becca would make a shade identical to MAC's Soft & Gentle, I'd buy it in an instant! Love that shade so much but not a fan of the noticeable shimmer particles.

on 6/23/2017 7:32:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

After trying a couple colors in-store, I decided I liked Moonstone best (Champagne Pop was surprisingly silver on me and Opal was too yellow and glossy-looking). Moonstone has a super-fine gold-champagne shimmer that leans warm. It’s perfect for my light-fair olive skin with pink undertones, though it’s probably too light for darker and/or warmer tones. The pressed powder is superfine and powerfully shimmery. A little goes a long way and it last fairly well, even in humid weather. Sephora advertises this as an intense highlighter, but I prefer a subtle look. For a subtle glow I use a soft, semi-loosely packed brush and use a light touch. It doesn’t irritate my break-out prone, oily skin, nor does it aggravate my eczema. The compact is very sturdy and sometimes hard to open, but it's lasted through international travel. I will buy this again.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Perfect highlighter. I haven't tried very many but I know that this is a good one. I stole it from my mom but I'm pretty sure it's too expensive. I like that it is not a harsh white. The packaging is not very pretty or exciting, but whatever. When I run out I don't think I'll get this exact same one because I want to try more highlighters, but one day I could go back to this highlighter knowing it's a good one.

on 4/13/2017 10:41:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

This highlighter is freaking gorgeous. It's the first highlighter I've used and it immediately became HG status. I went from "I don't really get the point of highlighters" to "I LOVE HIGHLIGHTING"

Moonstone is a light yellow/gold color that really suits my fair skin with yellow undertones. I've used the "Pearl" shade too but I prefer this. It gives a really natural highlight and can be built up if a more intense highlight is wanted. It lasts ALL day and doesn't settle into my pores. Just a really gorgeous highlighter.

I was afraid that since it's a powder it wouldn't last very well but it's been excellent.

Pros
Gorgeous color
Lasts all day
Looks natural
Doesn't irritate my skin or make it break out
Doesn't settle into lines
Can be built up

Cons
It's pricy but whatever. I couldn't think of any other possible cons. It's really worth the price to me.

I've been using this for 3 months and will update my review if my opinion changes.

on 3/1/2017 6:55:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

The most instense highlight I own. I've almost hit pan after 2 years, it's the highlighter I use almost daily.

on 2/26/2017 10:37:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral

This stuff is just sooooo good. Im using this everyday just a little swipe on top of my cheek and im good to go. Doesnt make me look oily or anything just simply glowing (I have very oily skin and is super sensitive) This doesn't broke me out either. Love it! will definitely repurchase.

on 12/15/2016 8:08:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

This is by far my favourite highlighter of all time, I even like it better than champagne pop. Shocker, I know.

It is so so soft and buttery - almost doesn't even feel like powder. Its not chunky or glittery, the shimmer is beautiful and the colour is perfect for my skin tone.

I'm absolutely in love and obsessed with this. I would repurchase it in a heartbeat, I'd even keep backups.

on 11/10/2016 5:43:00 PM

I love this highlighter! It's soft, smooth, and applies like a dream. On me it does not accentuate lines or pores. I love the shade itself it goes very well with my skintone. For reference NW20,NARS Monte Blanc, blonde hair, green eyes, and very cool undertones. On me it looks so nice I also own Pearl and Opal. I have 2 of the liquids as well so I really like these highlighters. They are soft and delicate but they apply so well and it looks fantastic on the skin. Also it's a great shade for my fellow pale ladies. Love. Recommended!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I'm not sure what I can say about these highlighters that hasn't been said, so I'm not going to beat a dead horse. Let me just say- I had my sincere doubts about shelling out over $40 with tax on a single highlighter. Not a foundation, or a palette, but a highlighter. Regardless of how much disposable income you're packing, that's a lot to plunk down for a single makeup item.

But hey.. okay.. wow. This highlighter pretty much had me at hello. GORGEOUS golden champagne color payoff with mega shimmer that somehow doesn't emphasize pores or look like a tacky metallic disco ball. A single tap in the pan gives you instant cheekbones- believe me when I say, a dab will do ya, and this will last me a long, long time.

So, moral of the story: Some beauty products aren't worth the hype, or the money. This is one of those rare occasions where instead of kicking myself for spending too much on makeup, I am wondering what I was doing with myself before this came along. If you are on the fence, I can promise you that this is worth every penny and then some!

on 9/27/2016 1:11:00 AM

a lot of times when there is hype surrounding a product, it turns out that no one really knows WHY something got so popular....it just did. Or maybe it just can't live up to all the lofty expectations people perceive it to have. Not the case with Becca highlighters. Not by a long shot.

There is a reason why Becca highlighters are considered the gold standard. They bring whole new meaning to the word "buttery." Oh goodness. It's like slathering yourself in gorgeous, shining cream but in a POWDER SOMEHOW. LOVE!!!!!!!

Moonstone is my favorite shade; but regardless of which color you choose: these highlighters epitomize the "lit from within" look everyone talks about. The effect is so beautiful and out of this world gorgeous without making you look texturized or metallic. You just simply shine and glow like you're some kind of angel. These are a must have for anyone, young or old, any skin type. No settling into pores or fine lines.

The downfall of many highlighters is that it can be tricky to get a high color pay off without looking too "rough" because of the heavily concentrated pigments and shimmer. So many times I will find a highlighter that texturizes my skin, which is disappointing because I don't even have texture issues! (Discoloration, yes lord please help me there. But so far, so good with the overall smoothness of my skin. Oh shoot don't let me jinx this.) um, hello other highlighters, don't give me a problem I don't have, thanks! Becca has my heart for finding that rare, nearly impossible equilibrium of high shine factor without looking gritty. I can't gush over it enough.

A word of caution: and I won't take a lippie off for this because it is, unfortunately, the nature of the beast when it comes to highlighters, especially ones of higher quality because they are the most finely milled. This baby is delicate. It will shatter if you are not careful, or if you travel with it. I like how Becca packaged it in a sturdy, nearly-rubber-nearly metal-case. I feel like they knew this would be an issue and tried to compensate for it. But unfortunately it's a problem I have encountered with basically any and all finely milled powders. I recommend purchasing it in-store, not from a website, and not traveling with it unless you absolutely have to. It's best to leave it safe on your vanity. As a makeup artist I have to pack up and travel with a lot of product and one of my Becca highlighters did break inside of its compact. I can still use it, thankfully, though I must be careful because one shaky move and it's gonna be a glitter explosion....but again, I find no fault with the manufacturer because EVERY high quality powder is at an extremely high risk of doing this and I've had many a highlighter from Dior to Mary Lou do this to me. All the more reason to treat your holy grail products like the precious babies they are, right? ;P

I don't care about the ~$30price tag because if you want the top product, then, well, you usually must pay top dollar. In my humble opinion, 30 or so bucks is a small price to pay for gorgeous glowing skin and a compact that I have still yet to run out of. This could be $60 (and lesser-quality highlighters ARE out there that cost that much....SHAME!) and I would still buy it.