Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed Highlighter - Moonstone

Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed Highlighter - Moonstone

4.5

Talc, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Petrolatum, Silica, Boron Nitride, Nylon-12, HDI/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Isostearyl Alcohol, Cera Microcristallina/ Microcrystalline Wax/Cire microcrystalline, Dimethicone, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Acrylates Copolymer, Polyethylene Terephthalate, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Tin Oxide, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Paraffin, Magnesium Stearate, Polyethylene, Tetrasodium EDTA, Potassium Sorbate, Chlorphenesin, Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 7749

on 4/8/2015 12:32:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

had huge, visible sparkles in it. i prefer more of a shiny look instead of a sparkly look, so i wasn't particularly impressed. returned.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Doesn’t even show up on my skin...I have to build up a thick layer to see any effect whatsoever, and then it just looks cakey. For reference, my skin tone is fair to light, but looks almost medium in the summer. I have the Becca liquid highlighter too, and it does not show up at all. I would strongly suggest keeping your receipt for this one, because this is a very pointless product to keep around if it doesn’t work for you :( Unrelated to the product itself, the packaging just feels so cheap! The print rubbed off after only a few uses...

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

Call me crazy, not a fan. I returned this. This is a yellow based highlighter. I should know by now that I will never go for yellow. I like gold, I don't like yellow. I dislike the packaging. It is solid/heavy, which I like. But the back is rubbery and easily gets dirty and I don't find it attractive. The new gold/silver and rose/silver packaging is quite beautiful, but not this. The powder itself is very soft and easily damaged. When I apply it, I feel like powder is flying everywhere as it's so loosely pressed. Worst, it doesn't show up on my face. It's like my face eats this stuff. I don't know where it goes!
I'm going to try Kat Von D Thunderstruck eyeshadow for a gold highlight and see how that goes. And every time I think I might regret returning this, I use MAC nylon eyeshadow as a highlight.

on 12/20/2015 8:49:00 AM

I've wanted to try this for so long, but sadly, it just didn't work out for me.
My problem with this highlighter is that it's very intense and glittery; which means it gives me sparkles, but lacking that natural luminous glow factor.
And because it's so glittery, it highlights my textural surfaces and applies patchy to the skin.
I've tried using a fan brush and a fluffy round brush and it only works when i use a very little amount of product; but then that effort goes out the window as it becomes subtle (obviously) and the glitter particles go all over the face.

on 11/14/2015 11:10:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Ah..BECCA HIGHLIGHTERS seem all the rage these days! With the saying "HIGHLIGHT on FLEEK" these days on Instagram, people seem to be rushing to buy highlighters..

I am not a beginner to highlighters. I've used them for 5+ years now and tried maybe 10-15 of them. What's not to love about highlighters- they make your features way more sculpted, brightens skin, slims nose, slims cheeks, makes lips look fuller, accentuates your eyes!!

I bought Moonstone because I looked at it in the store and it was a light yellow in the pan. I thought: perfect! I have light yellow (NC20-25) skin so this has got to work!!!

I wore it 3 times and decided to sell it on Craigslist...the color is TOO obvious and stark on me, it screams "Look at me I am wearing a highlighter!!!" In the pan it looks pale yellow, but on my skin it looks a little silvery-white! It's so obvious that I am wearing a highlighter, but I guess gaudy makeup is in these days, but Im one that likes the kind of makeup where you cant tell you are wearing makeup!

OPAL is much better for a natural looking glow on my NC20-25 skin.

I bought this after hearing a lot of hype about it online. I like it but I don't think it's necessarily worth the price. With all the new highlighters coming out, I think it'd be easy to find a cheaper dupe. It does give a nice slightly golden yellow glow but I find it needs to blended pretty well or it can look like you just swiped a line off it on your cheekbones. If money isn't a big concern to you, it might be worth trying out.

The Becca Pressed Highlighter in Moonstone is a great highlighter if you're looking for something subtle rather than a dramatic strobing effect, or if you're new to highlighter and looking to ease into it.

This product was a slow burn for me. My initial impression was that it wasn't doing anything. It is very, very subtle. I was confused about the rave reviews, especially considering the hefty price tag. But after trying it a few times, it became my go-to daily highlighter.

The reason is that for one thing, contrary to my first impression, this highlighter does effectively highlight. But it has a very finely milled quality that makes it a lot more subtle and skin-like. It looks like what runway makeup artists use to make models' skin look perfect and luminous. In contrast there's also a highlighter trend that leans toward something really otherworldly, alien and holographic, and this highlighter is not what you would probably want to use to achieve that.

The other thing is that I like how subtle it is. I like my make up low key for work (not at all knocking those who like something more dramatic, that's awesome and you do you), and I did have a few instances with other highlighters where I would kind of overdo it and it looked like obvious shimmer. This is because 1. I'm tired first thing in the morning when I apply my makeup, which is not great for motor skills and 2. I'm not incredibly careful or skilled with makeup. Either way, I like that with Becca Moonstone it's a lot harder to muck up.

I think I'd like to try other colors just for fun, but Moonstone has been a good natural-looking shade for me, with probably NC15 skin. I was unsure about Moonstone since it is described as a gold, which is not a highlighter shade I would normally go for. But it seemed the best for me of the minis Sephora had in stock, and I wanted to try a Becca highlighter, and I'm cheap and was not going to buy a full size, so I bought it. And I'm glad I did. The gold is pretty subtle and does not read GOLD ALL CAPS when applied. For the record I use highlighter on my cheekbones up in a c-shape to the ends of my eyebrows.

on 12/10/2017 4:21:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Eh...it's pretty, but not for me. I found myself having to build this up to get the desired intensity. I'm okay with a subtle glow, but it didn't show much through my makeup unless I packed it on. If I'm going to spend more, then I prefer more intensity. Champagne Pop still takes first place for me. I'll still give it a good rating just because the formula is amazing as usual.

This is the most natural highlighter that I've ever used. I find highlighters are either too bright or you don't see anything at all. I have a yellow, olive undertone and the moonstone color blends perfectly into my skin. The shimmering powder is very finely milled and brushes over your skin effortlessly. I only have to apply one layer to see the highlights in my skin. My only complaint is that it doesn't last very long. After a few hours, it completely disappears from my skin. This would be a great product for a night out when you only need to be able to see the highlights through dinner.

on 1/9/2017 1:22:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

If you're undecided on shelling out $50 CAD for a highlighter..... I'd say splurge! I got this during a VIB sale at Sephora a year ago & still have a TON left. It's very pigmented & you only need a little; I use sparingly on the high points on my face. I have very oily skin & use a lot of matte products, so need a highlighter to bring dimension to my face. I do a light sweep on my cheeks for a subtle glow. But layer it on my brow bone & inner eye for more contrast.

I got the shade Moonstone, which is described as a pale gold. It looks gorge on my warm NC30 skin. The gold color compliments my skin tone and looks natural. But when the light hits, you see this "silver" reflection from the pale gold color & it's stunning! No glittery sparkles but a shimmering glow. It's buttery smooth & very buildable because it's so finely milled.

With all that said.... I wouldn't repurchase because it's too expensive PLUS I use it so sparingly I could get away with a simple drugstore highlighter. BUT this was a fun splurge & it's a really great product!