BECCA Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed Highlighter - Moonstone

Filtered by age: 36-43
BECCA Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed Highlighter - Moonstone

4.5

Talc, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Petrolatum, Silica, Boron Nitride, Nylon-12, HDI/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Isostearyl Alcohol, Cera Microcristallina/ Microcrystalline Wax/Cire microcrystalline, Dimethicone, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Acrylates Copolymer, Polyethylene Terephthalate, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Tin Oxide, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Paraffin, Magnesium Stearate, Polyethylene, Tetrasodium EDTA, Potassium Sorbate, Chlorphenesin, Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 7749

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

My mum was not happy with it so i inherited the product from her makeup bag. And sadly imho despite being so highly recommended it falls short for me.

I'm into a very natural look in my makeup, I have very dry skin on my cheeks and therefore I always lean towards creme/liquid highlighters (RMS Living Luminizer is my current go to) but there is one, sadly discontinued now, stripy powder highlighter from Dior that is a benchmark for me as it is simply inpercevable on the skin while giving the whole face a healthy, alive, slept-for-8+hours look I strive for when I'm now over 40.

Sadly Becca's highlighter is so powdery and rough in comparison that it does not really do much. It is very subtle sheen but I still see the powdery residue on my cheeks. Colour - a golden leaning champagne is very pretty on my neutral-olive-pale yellow skin tone but I still see the particles of the highlighter that settles in all the tiny wrinkles near my eyes. I need to try mixing a little bit of it with my moisturiser and seeing if that would work to make it bond better with the skin surface rather than just sit on top of it. Packaging is absolutely gorgeous though.

This is the most natural highlighter that I've ever used. I find highlighters are either too bright or you don't see anything at all. I have a yellow, olive undertone and the moonstone color blends perfectly into my skin. The shimmering powder is very finely milled and brushes over your skin effortlessly. I only have to apply one layer to see the highlights in my skin. My only complaint is that it doesn't last very long. After a few hours, it completely disappears from my skin. This would be a great product for a night out when you only need to be able to see the highlights through dinner.

on 11/10/2016 5:43:00 PM

I love this highlighter! It's soft, smooth, and applies like a dream. On me it does not accentuate lines or pores. I love the shade itself it goes very well with my skintone. For reference NW20,NARS Monte Blanc, blonde hair, green eyes, and very cool undertones. On me it looks so nice I also own Pearl and Opal. I have 2 of the liquids as well so I really like these highlighters. They are soft and delicate but they apply so well and it looks fantastic on the skin. Also it's a great shade for my fellow pale ladies. Love. Recommended!

on 6/21/2016 5:06:00 AM

Wow, the Becca moonstone highlighter is so beautiful. I know everyone and their mother has gone highlighter crazy but just remember that Becca was doing highlighters and doing them well before everyone else jumped on the band wagon. I went to a makeup seminar by Miss Fame. He was a contestant on RuPaul's Drag race. If you don't know who he is, look him up. He does amazing makeup. During his class, he raved over moonstone and said it was his favorite highlighter. Moonstone compliments everyone. I am very pale and this looks like a true glowy shimmer on me. The color is a pale champagne shade. There is no peach or yellow in it. It reminds me of NARS Copacabana in powder form. It's stunning. I think this is a staple product for anyone. I love it.

on 6/2/2016 3:45:00 PM

OMG, I just can't stop looking at my face! This highlights beautifully and makes me look fresh and dewy. I'm 36 and I swear this product makes me look a few years younger.

I have always heard that Becca was the creme de la creme of highlighters but I was weary of buying it because of the price tag. I am a firm believer that you don't need to spend a lot of money for most makeup. However, this is totally worth the us$38 I paid. I am a convert and will definitely use this on a daily basis.

A HUGE thank you to the Ulta rep who convinced me to make this purchase.

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

Love this, must have. I've used lots of highlighters over the years, this is my favourite. Especially in winter. It's soft, glowy and if you apply with a light hand, natural.

I used a large, square shaped brush. I swipe along the broad part of my upper check, starting from the middle of my eye, up over my cheek and then swipe on my forehead and then brow bone area. (I'm probably not describing this well!). I then swipe a bit down my nose, super thin, cupids bow and that tiny bit under the fullest part of my lower lip. I don't find adding to the inner corners of my eyes works for me, but, a very small thin line on the lower lash line until the middle of the eye is great. Light hand. Then blend.

It's the easiest of all highlighters I've purchased to apply, which seems counter intuitive, but us true! It's smooth and creamy and I feel like I get good control for a sheer wash of colour that I can build for evenings.