BECCA Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed Highlighter - Moonstone

Filtered by age: 30-35
BECCA Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed Highlighter - Moonstone

4.3

Talc, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Petrolatum, Silica, Boron Nitride, Nylon-12, HDI/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Isostearyl Alcohol, Cera Microcristallina/ Microcrystalline Wax/Cire microcrystalline, Dimethicone, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Acrylates Copolymer, Polyethylene Terephthalate, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Tin Oxide, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Paraffin, Magnesium Stearate, Polyethylene, Tetrasodium EDTA, Potassium Sorbate, Chlorphenesin, Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 7749

on 10/22/2018 11:52:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This is the most perfect highlighter. It gives you that lit from within glow without too much shimmer/glitter. As someone who never wears highlighter, I am now addicted thanks to Becca moonstone. I feel like a Victoria’s Secret model wearing this. It’s so hard to mess up applying it. I love that it’s subtle enough for work but you can layer for more intensity for going out. Don’t be fooled by the ugly packaging - this highlighter is perfection. I am nc20 for reference.

on 9/13/2018 1:09:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Very Beautiful subtle highlight that is suitable for most skin colors.

The Becca Pressed Highlighter in Moonstone is a great highlighter if you're looking for something subtle rather than a dramatic strobing effect, or if you're new to highlighter and looking to ease into it.

This product was a slow burn for me. My initial impression was that it wasn't doing anything. It is very, very subtle. I was confused about the rave reviews, especially considering the hefty price tag. But after trying it a few times, it became my go-to daily highlighter.

The reason is that for one thing, contrary to my first impression, this highlighter does effectively highlight. But it has a very finely milled quality that makes it a lot more subtle and skin-like. It looks like what runway makeup artists use to make models' skin look perfect and luminous. In contrast there's also a highlighter trend that leans toward something really otherworldly, alien and holographic, and this highlighter is not what you would probably want to use to achieve that.

The other thing is that I like how subtle it is. I like my make up low key for work (not at all knocking those who like something more dramatic, that's awesome and you do you), and I did have a few instances with other highlighters where I would kind of overdo it and it looked like obvious shimmer. This is because 1. I'm tired first thing in the morning when I apply my makeup, which is not great for motor skills and 2. I'm not incredibly careful or skilled with makeup. Either way, I like that with Becca Moonstone it's a lot harder to muck up.

I think I'd like to try other colors just for fun, but Moonstone has been a good natural-looking shade for me, with probably NC15 skin. I was unsure about Moonstone since it is described as a gold, which is not a highlighter shade I would normally go for. But it seemed the best for me of the minis Sephora had in stock, and I wanted to try a Becca highlighter, and I'm cheap and was not going to buy a full size, so I bought it. And I'm glad I did. The gold is pretty subtle and does not read GOLD ALL CAPS when applied. For the record I use highlighter on my cheekbones up in a c-shape to the ends of my eyebrows.

on 12/10/2017 4:21:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Eh...it's pretty, but not for me. I found myself having to build this up to get the desired intensity. I'm okay with a subtle glow, but it didn't show much through my makeup unless I packed it on. If I'm going to spend more, then I prefer more intensity. Champagne Pop still takes first place for me. I'll still give it a good rating just because the formula is amazing as usual.

on 12/10/2017 5:04:00 AM

My HG face highlighter! It's perfect for my NC15 skintone and works just as well when I'm 1 to 2 shades darker in summer. So pretty, natural looking, and I love that it doesn't have noticeable shimmer particles. I use it on along my cheekbones, browbone and the middle of my forehead and it never looks too much, it even photographs beautifully. Expensive, but it's going to last me 3 years atleast. The only face highlighter I need, although I do wish that Becca would make a shade identical to MAC's Soft & Gentle, I'd buy it in an instant! Love that shade so much but not a fan of the noticeable shimmer particles.

on 6/23/2017 7:32:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

After trying a couple colors in-store, I decided I liked Moonstone best (Champagne Pop was surprisingly silver on me and Opal was too yellow and glossy-looking). Moonstone has a super-fine gold-champagne shimmer that leans warm. It’s perfect for my light-fair olive skin with pink undertones, though it’s probably too light for darker and/or warmer tones. The pressed powder is superfine and powerfully shimmery. A little goes a long way and it last fairly well, even in humid weather. Sephora advertises this as an intense highlighter, but I prefer a subtle look. For a subtle glow I use a soft, semi-loosely packed brush and use a light touch. It doesn’t irritate my break-out prone, oily skin, nor does it aggravate my eczema. The compact is very sturdy and sometimes hard to open, but it's lasted through international travel. I will buy this again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

Call me crazy, not a fan. I returned this. This is a yellow based highlighter. I should know by now that I will never go for yellow. I like gold, I don't like yellow. I dislike the packaging. It is solid/heavy, which I like. But the back is rubbery and easily gets dirty and I don't find it attractive. The new gold/silver and rose/silver packaging is quite beautiful, but not this. The powder itself is very soft and easily damaged. When I apply it, I feel like powder is flying everywhere as it's so loosely pressed. Worst, it doesn't show up on my face. It's like my face eats this stuff. I don't know where it goes!
I'm going to try Kat Von D Thunderstruck eyeshadow for a gold highlight and see how that goes. And every time I think I might regret returning this, I use MAC nylon eyeshadow as a highlight.

very pigmented, fine texture, a little goes a long way, long lasting.

I can go from sheer to disco ball look, depends on the stroke and technique.

can use it as face highlighter or eyeshadow. multi purpose!

5/5

OOH LA LA!! Holy sweet mother of Jesus this is a gorgeous highlighter!
I mean It's pricey as scheisse, and really just makes you question if you're really about to drop all that mulah on one single cosmetic item before you get to the register but man O man is it worth every single little shiny Lincoln that you end up spending on it. First off the compact is cute. Very durable and sleek without being too gawdy, cheap or clunky. Secondly, the quality of the product is excellent. You can tell that it's very much a higher end product So you definitely get what you pay for here. It is extremely pigmented, silky and smooth and a little goes a long way so it will probably last you foreverrrrrr. It applies like a dream and imparts the most beautiful "high definition"kinda glow without making you look like a disco ball. No cheap effect whatsoever. I haven't tried their other shades yet as I found moonstone to be a better shade for my light skintone but who knows, I might give the other shades a second glance now that I've witnessed the wonders of this one. Even though to be honest I only tend to wear it on nights out or special occassions since its so pricey I usually wear my pur minerals highlighter in afterglow or my
julep glow powder in champagne but I gotta admit that this one is definitely my fav and I will definitely be repurchasing if the day ever comes when I run out of it. Trust me, If you're gonna splurge on a makeup item I suggest that you splurge on this one. Highly recommend it.
You won't regret it^_-

on 11/14/2015 11:10:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Ah..BECCA HIGHLIGHTERS seem all the rage these days! With the saying "HIGHLIGHT on FLEEK" these days on Instagram, people seem to be rushing to buy highlighters..

I am not a beginner to highlighters. I've used them for 5+ years now and tried maybe 10-15 of them. What's not to love about highlighters- they make your features way more sculpted, brightens skin, slims nose, slims cheeks, makes lips look fuller, accentuates your eyes!!

I bought Moonstone because I looked at it in the store and it was a light yellow in the pan. I thought: perfect! I have light yellow (NC20-25) skin so this has got to work!!!

I wore it 3 times and decided to sell it on Craigslist...the color is TOO obvious and stark on me, it screams "Look at me I am wearing a highlighter!!!" In the pan it looks pale yellow, but on my skin it looks a little silvery-white! It's so obvious that I am wearing a highlighter, but I guess gaudy makeup is in these days, but Im one that likes the kind of makeup where you cant tell you are wearing makeup!

OPAL is much better for a natural looking glow on my NC20-25 skin.