Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed - Moonstone

Filtered by age: 19-24
Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed - Moonstone

4.7

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Perfect highlighter. I haven't tried very many but I know that this is a good one. I stole it from my mom but I'm pretty sure it's too expensive. I like that it is not a harsh white. The packaging is not very pretty or exciting, but whatever. When I run out I don't think I'll get this exact same one because I want to try more highlighters, but one day I could go back to this highlighter knowing it's a good one.

on 4/13/2017 10:41:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

This highlighter is freaking gorgeous. It's the first highlighter I've used and it immediately became HG status. I went from "I don't really get the point of highlighters" to "I LOVE HIGHLIGHTING"

Moonstone is a light yellow/gold color that really suits my fair skin with yellow undertones. I've used the "Pearl" shade too but I prefer this. It gives a really natural highlight and can be built up if a more intense highlight is wanted. It lasts ALL day and doesn't settle into my pores. Just a really gorgeous highlighter.

I was afraid that since it's a powder it wouldn't last very well but it's been excellent.

Pros
Gorgeous color
Lasts all day
Looks natural
Doesn't irritate my skin or make it break out
Doesn't settle into lines
Can be built up

Cons
It's pricy but whatever. I couldn't think of any other possible cons. It's really worth the price to me.

I've been using this for 3 months and will update my review if my opinion changes.

on 3/1/2017 6:55:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

The most instense highlight I own. I've almost hit pan after 2 years, it's the highlighter I use almost daily.

on 12/15/2016 8:08:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

This is by far my favourite highlighter of all time, I even like it better than champagne pop. Shocker, I know.

It is so so soft and buttery - almost doesn't even feel like powder. Its not chunky or glittery, the shimmer is beautiful and the colour is perfect for my skin tone.

I'm absolutely in love and obsessed with this. I would repurchase it in a heartbeat, I'd even keep backups.

Absolutely gorgeous. One of my HG powder highlights. It gives a nice glow, has a bit of glitter, but nothing super chunky or unnatural. It gives a natural healthy sheen. The formula is good, and the powder is finely milled.

on 9/27/2016 1:11:00 AM

a lot of times when there is hype surrounding a product, it turns out that no one really knows WHY something got so popular....it just did. Or maybe it just can't live up to all the lofty expectations people perceive it to have. Not the case with Becca highlighters. Not by a long shot.

There is a reason why Becca highlighters are considered the gold standard. They bring whole new meaning to the word "buttery." Oh goodness. It's like slathering yourself in gorgeous, shining cream but in a POWDER SOMEHOW. LOVE!!!!!!!

Moonstone is my favorite shade; but regardless of which color you choose: these highlighters epitomize the "lit from within" look everyone talks about. The effect is so beautiful and out of this world gorgeous without making you look texturized or metallic. You just simply shine and glow like you're some kind of angel. These are a must have for anyone, young or old, any skin type. No settling into pores or fine lines.

The downfall of many highlighters is that it can be tricky to get a high color pay off without looking too "rough" because of the heavily concentrated pigments and shimmer. So many times I will find a highlighter that texturizes my skin, which is disappointing because I don't even have texture issues! (Discoloration, yes lord please help me there. But so far, so good with the overall smoothness of my skin. Oh shoot don't let me jinx this.) um, hello other highlighters, don't give me a problem I don't have, thanks! Becca has my heart for finding that rare, nearly impossible equilibrium of high shine factor without looking gritty. I can't gush over it enough.

A word of caution: and I won't take a lippie off for this because it is, unfortunately, the nature of the beast when it comes to highlighters, especially ones of higher quality because they are the most finely milled. This baby is delicate. It will shatter if you are not careful, or if you travel with it. I like how Becca packaged it in a sturdy, nearly-rubber-nearly metal-case. I feel like they knew this would be an issue and tried to compensate for it. But unfortunately it's a problem I have encountered with basically any and all finely milled powders. I recommend purchasing it in-store, not from a website, and not traveling with it unless you absolutely have to. It's best to leave it safe on your vanity. As a makeup artist I have to pack up and travel with a lot of product and one of my Becca highlighters did break inside of its compact. I can still use it, thankfully, though I must be careful because one shaky move and it's gonna be a glitter explosion....but again, I find no fault with the manufacturer because EVERY high quality powder is at an extremely high risk of doing this and I've had many a highlighter from Dior to Mary Lou do this to me. All the more reason to treat your holy grail products like the precious babies they are, right? ;P

I don't care about the ~$30price tag because if you want the top product, then, well, you usually must pay top dollar. In my humble opinion, 30 or so bucks is a small price to pay for gorgeous glowing skin and a compact that I have still yet to run out of. This could be $60 (and lesser-quality highlighters ARE out there that cost that much....SHAME!) and I would still buy it.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Who doesn't own a Becca pressed highlighter at this point? They're so wildly popular for a reason. The pressed SSPs are intensely pigmented yet almost foolproof because they're so finely milled. It never ends up glittery or powdery no matter how much you apply. The finish is about as natural and smooth as it can possibly get with a powder highlight.

Moonstone is a light gold that is especially flattering on yellow skin tones. There are definitely dupes out there, but what you're paying for is the quality of the product. Also, the price tag really isn't bad at all considering these highlighters last for an eternity.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is a great highlighter. A little pricey, but lasts a long time. I've had mine for 8 months and barely made a dent.

If you are looking for similar, more affordable options I recommend colourpop smoke n whistles.

Overall would repurchase.

MY FAVORITE (and a ton of other girls' HG) Shimmery Highlighter!

This is not for the faint of heart (unless when using a duo brush or a very light hand)!

It feels very finely milled, and FULL of metallic pigment! LOVE!!! I admit, highlighters these days are (formulaically) very hard to seriously mess up, as there are so many good high and low end options that don't leave you looking like a disco ball nowadays,but what singles this whole line (I have and love 'Opal', 'Rose Gold', 'Champagne Pop', and 'Pearl' powders, along with a few liquid SSPs as well) is that they are super-metallic, not sparkly, and go on very smoothly, not chunky. They look almost ethereal, yet can also achieve the super ubiquitous, almost obnoxious Instagram heavy highlighter-cut crease, cateye-bold lip combo.

I tried it for the first time almost a decade ago when the names were different and shades of the highlighters were less natural in shades. They only offered pressed, loose powder, and liquid at that time, all of which I loved, but the shades are prettier now…Give it a try (it is quite easy to find nowadays

PS: I just tried three of the glow-inducing, recently released "Luminous Blushes" and the "Backlight Primer". They are truly lovely, and must try products if you enjoy the preternatural, illuminated look :P(See my review for the 'Opal' shade here:

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

This is the popular YouTube glam highlighter and I really understand why! This makes your skin look dewy and wet like no other!

I used Mac msf but it was glittery and shimmery. This isn't. The becca highlighter is creamy soft powder that is shimmery in the pan but when applied it, it looks glowy, healthy and not powdery at all. A little goes a long way especially since it isn't powdery. If you build it up, it will look wet and glowing.

The price was in the $60s AU range but the quality is really up there. The packaging is so sturdy and tight and comes with a nice mirror. You are really paying for the quality.

Other highlighters like the Mac, your mr would say you have glitter and sparkles on your cheeks if they look close or in in light but this one will make your mr say your skin is glowing!

I'm giving it a 5/5 because this is a powder that isn't powdery and makes your skin look moisturised, healthy and glowy which is incredible.