Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed Highlighter - Moonstone

Filtered by age: 18 & Under
Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed Highlighter - Moonstone

Talc, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Petrolatum, Silica, Boron Nitride, Nylon-12, HDI/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Isostearyl Alcohol, Cera Microcristallina/ Microcrystalline Wax/Cire microcrystalline, Dimethicone, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Acrylates Copolymer, Polyethylene Terephthalate, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Tin Oxide, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Paraffin, Magnesium Stearate, Polyethylene, Tetrasodium EDTA, Potassium Sorbate, Chlorphenesin, Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 7749

I've been on a year-long journey to find the perfect highlighter that fits my tastes and budget. I've tried other highlighters that people have deemed dewy and natural looking but found some of them too dark or too pink (Essence Pure Nude Highlighter, Laura Mercier Matte Radiance Baked Powder Highlighter, Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed in Opal) on my light neutral olive (?) NC20/C2 to NC25 skin. Some of them when built up were too icy white (Marc Jacobs Glow Stick Glistening Illuminator) or golden (Josie Maran Argan Enlightenment Illuminizing Wand). I've also tried another light gold highlighter (theBalm's Mary-Lou Manizer) which was cute but was too sparkly.

After all that trial and error, I've come to realize that:
a) because of the surface redness on my cheeks, I don't think I can pull off pinky hued highlighters on my face, and
b) I am really picky with my highlighters, so my holy grail would have to be something light gold that leaves a sheen with minimal sparkle

I was hesitant to try other Becca highlighters because not only did I find the pressed highlighter in Opal too dark, it was also too sparkly. However, I was getting desperate...I just wanted to glow! Luckily I gave Becca another chance, and I think I'm in love.

Moonstone is a lighter gold than theBalm's Mary-Lou Manizer and is definitely less sparkly in comparison. The shimmer is very fine and only noticeable if you look up close, plus the colour is the most natural looking on my skin out of all the highlighters I've tried so far. It is a very natural highlight for me, only noticeable when the light hits it at the right angle. Staying power is good, it lasts around 6+ hours on my combination skin and I don't see it noticeably emphasizing texture.

As per usual, the Becca compact is nice and sturdy with a very nice mirror on the inside though (as I've experienced with the Opal highlighter) the rubberized dark brown areas of the compact tends to hold onto any highlight touching it, which gets grubby looking fast. I do wish the packaging for the main line of pressed highlighters was prettier like their 'Light Chasers' or various 'Quartz' highlighters. I've heard that it's not uncommon for these pressed Becca highlighters to shatter during travel, so I bought the travel sized Moonstone too because I adore this highlighter so much.

Overall, this is a great highlighter that has become a staple in my collection and I will keep repurchasing as long as I don't find something better.

on 1/14/2016 1:21:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

The love of my life. My holy grail highlighter. I'd marry this stuff if it was legal. It's pricey but oh so worth it. A little goes a long way with this stuff. I'm extremely pale so this color works great for me. It will definitely last throughout the day. The packaging is very nice and high quality. I'm trying to figure out how anyone can not love this.

on 11/14/2015 11:45:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This product is a daily use for me. It blends beautifully and is amazing for multi-use! You can use it on the cheekbones, inner corners as a highlight, etc. It is well worth the price and I will definitely be repurchasing!

on 8/5/2015 4:35:00 PM

Ohhhh my goodness me ladies, if you don't own this highlighter, you need it in your life!!
I had tried numerous highlighters and liked a few of them but I never loved them, this highlighter was a complete game changer for me! It is absolutely stunning!! I'm not a glitter or sparkle kind of girl so this product is ideal! It gives the most gorgeous shimmer in the whole world! I have extremely pale skin and my friend has very tanned skin, she also loves it! It's an all rounder. Sooo highly pigmented! I have nothing but adoration for this! You will not regret buying this, I promise!

on 4/8/2015 12:32:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

had huge, visible sparkles in it. i prefer more of a shiny look instead of a sparkly look, so i wasn't particularly impressed. returned.