OPI OPI Gelcolor -- Brisbane Bronze

1 review

on 7/28/2014 8:02:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Brisbane Bronze --

First off, I would describe this color as more of a "dirty penny", or "old penny". It's more of a "muted copper", than it is bronze to my eye. I see more orange in this shade than I think of as being in a true bronze (bronze, I think of as being a deeper muted gold-brown, with a tinge of olive). It reminds me a bit of oak leaves when they turn tawny brown in the Fall.

Having said that, I usually avoid anything orange on my olive beige-y sallow-leaning skin (neutral to slightly cool toned). However, given that Brisbane Bronze is a muted copper brown, it's not horrible on me. It's just...OK. Not bad, but nothing spectacular either. A good shimmery neutral. A "safe" color that goes with just about any wardrobe color. But it's also a bit of a bore. I am hoping that some faux tanning may make me like this color better. I'll update when I'm darker and warmer. lol

As for everything else, I give it an A.
It was easy to apply. It was NOT streaky. It has a beautiful deep shimmer that you can actually see whether in direct sun, or indoors. I can't comment as to how long it lasts, as it's only been 24 hrs since application. I'll update.

I would definitely buy Brisbane Bronze again just because it's a good shimmery neutral to have in my collection.

If you want to know if this shade will work for you, just place a semi-old penny over your nails. :)

Popular Polishes