The Body Shop All-In-One Instablur 5-Action Perfector

The Body Shop All-In-One Instablur 5-Action Perfector
All-In-One Instablur 5-Action Perfector

3.9

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Isododecane (Solvent), Dimethicone (Skin Conditioning Agent), Vinyldimethyl/Trimethylsiloxysilicate Stearyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer (Absorbent/Bulking Agent), Silica (Absorbent), Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer (Viscosity Increasing Agent), Isononyl Isononanoate (Emollient/Skin Conditioner), Polymethyl Methacrylate (Emollient), Sclerocarya Birrea Seed Oil (Skin Conditioning Agent - Emollient), Ethylene Brassylate (Masking Agent), Tocopheryl Acetate (Antioxidant), Laureth-4 (Emulsifier/Surfactant).

on 8/25/2017 3:56:00 AM

Only primer that does not make me break out. (I plan on looking into the ingredients compared to the ones that made me break out) I got it for 50% off, and it instantly hides my pores. The only problem that I can think of for this is that the texture is a little weird when it comes out of the tube (not liquidy) and can fall off of your finger easily so you just need to be careful when taking it out, however the minute you rub your fingers or apply it on your skin it turns into an amazing, smooth texture. It does an okay job at keeping your makeup on, but it for sure hides your pores, gives your skin an even look and isn't too hard and doesn't have a bad smell. It gives a smooth layer to apply your make up on. I love this primer and it's amazing even if you would like to wear it without makeup.

on 8/13/2017 2:33:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I had been reading lots of amazing reviews about this product so I decided to buy it despite it being quite expensive (also the tube is really small). I have used this three times so far but I haven't seen any differences after applying it and my pores still show. Also the texture of this product is very flaky and it is very easy for it to fall off your fingers before even applying it (happened to me each time I applied it).

on 2/25/2017 7:05:00 AM

This is my all time favorite primer. I have tested many, from the hyped Nivea aftershavebalm to the Smashbox primer, but none came even close to this one! It fills in my pores beautifully and makes my foundation apply smoothly. It lasts all day. It has a weird texture, kinda grainy but I don't mind, as long as it works. I have a combination skin and it works for me, but I can imagine if you have dry skin that it can cling on to the dry patches. Holy grail primer and not even that expensive in comparison to other primers. It is on sale often but I would pay full price for this gem.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This stuff is bomb. I found it on the body shop website for half price (~$12) and I'm so glad I bought it. I would pay full price for this for sure, which is around $24 cnd. I like how smoothly it goes on and how soft it make my skin while blurring pores very nicely. The consistency is a little weird right out of the tube but after spreading it out with my finger tips it goes on the face pretty well. If you have dry skin this might accentuate dry patches once makeup is applied, this is why I gave it 4 stars instead of 5. My skin is mostly oily but has the occasional dry patch around the mouth and nose, so I just watch to make sure I don't over apply. If you have oily skin, this works pretty well to mattify everything, although oil starts to seep through on my forhead after a while. Nothing a few spritzs of my UD setting spray can't handle. I'm positive this makes my makeup last much longer than usual too, and keeps everything looking as fresh as when I applied. It really does give that "blurred" appearance. Packaging is a basic squeeze tube which I find great. It's a little on the pricey side as it's a pretty small tube, but I'm so happy with it that it's worth it.

on 5/3/2017 3:01:00 AM

This product works great on its own. If you apply anything on top of it, it's gone. And if you apply it on top of your fd, it will look like a hot mess. I wont be purchasing it again. I needed it to cover my deep acne scars, which are not that visible, but they are to me.

on 2/11/2017 11:25:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Absolute favourite primer! I have oily skin and have tried and tested many products (cheaper and luxury brands) and this is my all-time favourite. Keeps foundation put all day and no oily breakthroughs. however this effect is only achieved if I forego any moisturizer underneath the product. The product has a weird bobbly texture but it blends lovely.

on 11/6/2016 5:57:00 AM

I'm on my second tube and love the stuff. Easy to put on, nice substance. Helps me smooth out make-up as a primer but also when I put it on over make-up. Hides dry patches of skin (hurrah). Keeps me slightly more matte but then I don't expect miracles. My favourite primer in this price range yet.

on 11/30/2016 3:19:00 AM

Just getting my 3rd tube of this at 50% off from TBS website and thought it was time for a review. I have learned to love it so much that it deserves a review. Especially being so often misunderstood.

This is not a proper primer, so if you are looking for something to hold your makeup in place this will not do. What it does very well is mattify OVER.

I use gel tint blush/bronzer, under sunscreen, which helps blend them out even better, let it dry, apply small amounts of the Porefessional (which camouflages pores better because of the tint), let it sit for a bit, then apply this more generously on forehead, nose and cheeks.

It has so well replaced my powder. No problem with havibg to find the right shade of powder and it does help mattify better while at the same time being less drying.

Try using this over products. It should work very well over a tinted moisturiser or even over foundation maybe if you let it sit and set a bit. Over foundation lightly set with powder ?

The consistency is dry siliconey ? crumbly ?
Think of a 3x concentrated Baby Skin. I have to be careful so it does not fall off my finger before I get to put it on my face but once it is on, it smooths out nicely.

This looks more natural and mattifies better than the similar product by Paula's Choice. I want to try the Hard Candy mattifying primer next for a cheaper alternative but at 50% off I might as well stick with this. Try it

on 11/29/2016 2:08:00 AM

I bought this at the train station, after realising I left my usual primer at home. I used it while I was away, so around a week. It's just basically silicone, in a tube. Does nothing. If I had to compare it to something it would be matte vaseline, if that were a thing. Don't waste your money, buy a proper primer.

on 11/27/2016 2:29:00 PM

I got this in the christmas calender some year and it does´nt do much. Sure the makeup goes on a little bit smoother but nothing else. And it is pretty hard to get the product out when you are running low.
I mean if someone gave this to me, I would use it but I would´nt buy it