The Body Shop All-In-One Instablur 5-Action Perfector

The Body Shop All-In-One Instablur 5-Action Perfector
All-In-One Instablur 5-Action Perfector

4.1

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Isododecane (Solvent), Dimethicone (Skin Conditioning Agent), Vinyldimethyl/Trimethylsiloxysilicate Stearyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer (Absorbent/Bulking Agent), Silica (Absorbent), Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer (Viscosity Increasing Agent), Isononyl Isononanoate (Emollient/Skin Conditioner), Polymethyl Methacrylate (Emollient), Sclerocarya Birrea Seed Oil (Skin Conditioning Agent - Emollient), Ethylene Brassylate (Masking Agent), Tocopheryl Acetate (Antioxidant), Laureth-4 (Emulsifier/Surfactant).

on 2/11/2017 11:25:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Absolute favourite primer! I have oily skin and have tried and tested many products (cheaper and luxury brands) and this is my all-time favourite. Keeps foundation put all day and no oily breakthroughs. however this effect is only achieved if I forego any moisturizer underneath the product. The product has a weird bobbly texture but it blends lovely.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This stuff is bomb. I found it on the body shop website for half price (~$12) and I'm so glad I bought it. I would pay full price for this for sure, which is around $24 cnd. I like how smoothly it goes on and how soft it make my skin while blurring pores very nicely. The consistency is a little weird right out of the tube but after spreading it out with my finger tips it goes on the face pretty well. If you have dry skin this might accentuate dry patches once makeup is applied, this is why I gave it 4 stars instead of 5. My skin is mostly oily but has the occasional dry patch around the mouth and nose, so I just watch to make sure I don't over apply. If you have oily skin, this works pretty well to mattify everything, although oil starts to seep through on my forhead after a while. Nothing a few spritzs of my UD setting spray can't handle. I'm positive this makes my makeup last much longer than usual too, and keeps everything looking as fresh as when I applied. It really does give that "blurred" appearance. Packaging is a basic squeeze tube which I find great. It's a little on the pricey side as it's a pretty small tube, but I'm so happy with it that it's worth it.

on 11/30/2016 3:19:00 AM

Just getting my 3rd tube of this at 50% off from TBS website and thought it was time for a review. I have learned to love it so much that it deserves a review. Especially being so often misunderstood.

This is not a proper primer, so if you are looking for something to hold your makeup in place this will not do. What it does very well is mattify OVER.

I use gel tint blush/bronzer, under sunscreen, which helps blend them out even better, let it dry, apply small amounts of the Porefessional (which camouflages pores better because of the tint), let it sit for a bit, then apply this more generously on forehead, nose and cheeks.

It has so well replaced my powder. No problem with havibg to find the right shade of powder and it does help mattify better while at the same time being less drying.

Try using this over products. It should work very well over a tinted moisturiser or even over foundation maybe if you let it sit and set a bit. Over foundation lightly set with powder ?

The consistency is dry siliconey ? crumbly ?
Think of a 3x concentrated Baby Skin. I have to be careful so it does not fall off my finger before I get to put it on my face but once it is on, it smooths out nicely.

This looks more natural and mattifies better than the similar product by Paula's Choice. I want to try the Hard Candy mattifying primer next for a cheaper alternative but at 50% off I might as well stick with this. Try it

on 11/29/2016 2:08:00 AM

I bought this at the train station, after realising I left my usual primer at home. I used it while I was away, so around a week. It's just basically silicone, in a tube. Does nothing. If I had to compare it to something it would be matte vaseline, if that were a thing. Don't waste your money, buy a proper primer.

on 11/27/2016 2:29:00 PM

I got this in the christmas calender some year and it does´nt do much. Sure the makeup goes on a little bit smoother but nothing else. And it is pretty hard to get the product out when you are running low.
I mean if someone gave this to me, I would use it but I would´nt buy it

on 11/6/2016 5:57:00 AM

I'm on my second tube and love the stuff. Easy to put on, nice substance. Helps me smooth out make-up as a primer but also when I put it on over make-up. Hides dry patches of skin (hurrah). Keeps me slightly more matte but then I don't expect miracles. My favourite primer in this price range yet.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

I have a super oily skin; before using this primer I had to blot my face nearly every 2 hours. However, this primer CHANGES my life. Now I put it on everyday, even on my no-makeup day, I still use this to keep the oil at bay. This primer has a thick-almost clumpy texture when it comes out from the tube, but when you start blending it to your skin, it melts instantly like butter.
Personally, for me it doesn't make my skin THAT flawless and my pores are still slightly visible, but now that I use this primer I can go out under the scorching sun and I do not need to blot until 6-8 hours later and I only have a moderate amount of oil in my face, not a total oil spill.
However, the price is very expensive for such a small tube.
Sorry for my bad English!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is the BEST oil control primer hands down! I have tried numerous amount of primers out there from drugstores to hi-ends, Estee Lauder, Laura Mercier, MAC, Lorac, Benefit POREfessional, L'oreal, NYX, Milani, etc. you name it.....but nothing is as good as this primer in the oil control property. Seriously this is the only primer that works with my super oily T-Zone. Plus, it diminishes pores in seconds, makes my face looks very smooth and poreless.

The consistency is thick, yes, but that's not a big deal at all. What I do is I squeeze this primer on the back of my hand and kind of swirl it to dissolve the thick consistency then I apply it onto my face. Once I do that this primer goes on like butter! I get at least 5 hours until very little oil comes through, and by the end of 8 hours work day my makeup still looks great and I don't have a disco ball face anymore. I love this primer!

on 4/22/2016 8:29:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

This was awful! Funny how different the reviews on this one are, but I'm definitely on the nogo-side. Once applied, it looks nice and hides some imperfections, but the aftermath is what makes this inacceptable, once you put on makeup after applying this, or even touch your face, it balls up, really, my face was full of tiny peaces of cream-pimples. Gave it to my boyfriend, who used it before he had his passport photo taken. Which looked nice, but we had to be very cautious not to have anything touch his face on the way to the photographer. Not everyday life compatible.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

PROS

- oil control
- reduces appearance of pores
- extends wear time

CONS

- thick consistency

COMMENTS: I don't care for the thick consistency. I feel like I'm using a lot of product because of how it's dispensed from the tube, so I'll have to see how long this ends up lasting me (the good news is this brand often has sales). Anyway, this is a great primer. There's a decrease in my oil production, extended wear time, and reduced appearance of pores. I really like it and it works well with any foundation.

Will repurchase.