4.6

package quality

price range

Reviews

3 years ago

At first, what can I say - amazing product - amazing smell .. The second thing is - it's quite moisturising, but at the same time .. if you're using only this product an no other product in combiniotion with this one .. it just feels .. as the lips are drying out little bit .. So, all in all, it has a nice taste, nice aroma, it's a really nice product to use .. but .. on the other hand - I'm not sure if it;s really good as moisturiser for the lips .. I think it's more helpful in healing the cracked lips ..

About reviewer (6 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Wavy, Coarse

EyesHazel

3 years ago

I've never been a fan of lip products in tin packaging but do I ever love this product! I use the tiniest amount to coat my lips with a delicious smelling balm that gives just enough slip to not feel greasy or thick but still provides a protective barrier and keeps lips smooth and supple, especially during the drier winter months. On a new tin I use a clean finger, the heat from your body actually warms the product which helps to keep you from applying a thick goopy amount which is overkill and completely unnecessary. If you warm it this way you get a sheer application which is more than enough to seal your lips. The smell is divine. Truth be told, I always buy scented lip balms that remind me of being in the tropics and this one does not disappoint. As the product gets used and the thought of dipping my finger into a tin where it might get under my nail freaks me out I simply use either a lip brush or a small spatula (I have spares from face creams that come in jar form) to remove a little product but still put it on my finger to apply because as I mentioned I prefer the heat from my body to warm up the butter and apply just enough to do the job. The tin itself is nice and flat, always seals good and travels well. I've not experienced any issues with the design so packaging preferences aside, I think the reason this product works so well is because it is in a tin. Stick balms must be more solid/stiff because they need to be able to remain in tube form. The butters and Vaseline type products are softer as they sit in a container and are not required to twist up and down. For this reason, I think they are more malleable and therefore creamier and easier to spread on. I will repurchase this, along with some of the other scents.

About reviewer (968 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Curly, Medium

EyesBlue

4 years ago

Since Nivea isn't cruelty-free, I won't repurchase this again, but other than that, a lovable product. It's thick and moisturizing, I'm currently using this instead of a regular chapstick because it has much more effect. Took this everywhere the whole winter until now. Smells amazing, actually like a caramel cookie or something, and I also like the visual effect, gives my lips a little bit of a nude sheen, since it's white, and my lips are naturally quite pigmented, which I don't like too much. Normally I don't take tin lip balms with me on the go because I don't find them hygienic, but this time I didn't have much other choice because my lips got so dry and this really helped. The packaging looks very greasy, dirty and old after a while, at least if it's in your bag the entire time instead of sitting on your vanity.

About reviewer (324 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinDry, Medium, Warm

HairBrown, Wavy, Medium

2.0

4 years ago

Well, my review to this lip balm- this lip balm stinks. Hi, i'm coolkatz, lip balm addict. I really like buying lip balms and reviewing them here. I'm not that fond of Nivea's lip balms, though i don't hate them. I bought the vanilla&macadamia kiss lip butter. I bought it at the drugstore, after thinking a lot XD I opened it- and i smelled the rich sweetness of vanilla. This lip butter smells great! They smell really good. Best kip balm smell ever. Then, i tested it, by slowly smearing it on my lips. It was very greasy. I felt this terrible feeling- the lip balm doesn't sink into my cracked, dry chapped lips. It just sat there, without doing it's job. It just made my lips feel like oiled wood. And i hate that every time i need my lips moisturized, i have to dip my finger in the tin and smear it on my lips. After that, my fingers become sticky. Overall, i did not really like them because the lip balm was like a silent worker. it smelled really good, like some kind of vanilla ice cream!:D The thing is that the lip balm just sat there.. without sinking into my broken lips. Now, the REAL PROBLEM is that i have to dip my finger into the tin, and it's very unhygienic. I win this time, Nivea.

About reviewer (3 reviews)

SkinDry, Medium

HairBrunette

4 years ago

I love the nivea lipbutters! I got the vanila&macadamia.It smells so good and also mosturizes my lips I would definitely repurchase this I think i would get the cocoa next time I also got this for only 25rb in indonesia(about $1.78 in US) which is very cheap!

About reviewer (7 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair

HairBrown

4 years ago

I'm so in love with this lip butter..it makes my dry lips so smooth n kissable.HG!

About reviewer (1 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium

HairBlack

4 years ago

Very moisturizing. Doesn't make your lips feel claustrophobic, if you know what I mean. Holy grail status for me. I've tried so many high end lip moisturizing products that don't work. A bit surprised since this one is inexpensive but actually delivers real results. I have the driest lips. My lips still have the tendency to be dry, but it's better now. I still need to exfoliate every several days but it's sooo much less flaky. I apply liberally every time I get the chance. A bit obsessed here! The packaging is not so sanitary but I use a handy dandy retractable lip brush. The scent is sooo wonderful. Sweet and delicious. Not too powerful though. Yumm! Next time I'd like to try the raspberry rose.

About reviewer (38 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium

HairBlack

5 years ago

This product is awesome. I know most people don't prefer the type of lip balm you have to dip your finger into. However, as long as you use hand sanitizer or wash your hands before application, there's nothing to worry about. Also, I often just hold the entire tin up to my mouth and apply it to my lips that way without dipping my fingers in if I'm away from a sink/have no hand sanitizer. When it comes to packaging, my main gripe is actually how easily the metal containers dent (DON'T carry these around in your pants pockets!) Other than that, you can't beat this lip balm. I used to think the price point was a little high for a lip balm (between 3 and 4 dollars) but after seeing what people spend on high end lip balms, I'd say it's not priced badly at all! The scent/flavor of Vanilla & Macadamia Kiss is one of my favorite out of the line. I'm a sucker for anything sweet and nutty, and this hits the spot. The hydration factor is awesome. I don't find this overbearing whenever my lips are normal, just really moisturizing. And when my lips are dry/chapped, this fixes them up right away. I have every flavor (scent... whatever the technical term is)... and I'm not normally a person to do something like that. This stuff contains shea butter and sweet almond oil which are ingredients that I attribute to making my lips smooth and soft. This is the only lip balm I use. Trying to use it all up but a tin of this will last you forever!!

About reviewer (112 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBlack, Wavy, Fine

5 years ago

I love this lip butter. It is my favourite scent out of all of them. It makes my lips feel all soft and smooth. Not to sure about the tin though, sometimes find it hard to open and end up chipping my nails.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair

HairBrunette

EyesBlue

5 years ago

I guess my lips weren't THAT damaged. They are often in a good condition and I bought this butter only due to the attractive packaging. I regreted it instantly because the texture was too thick and greasy. I was also turned down by the irritating smell. I guess I'll just leave it for the winter.

About reviewer (46 reviews)

Age19-24