Suqqu Blend Color Eyeshadow

Suqqu Blend Color Eyeshadow

on 12/31/2016 7:26:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

These are my absolute favourite eyeshadows. I have 15 of them, though thats not a lot considering the entire collection consists of 50+ palettes, with a lot of them being limited edition.
They're the best because of the colours. Somehow, Suqqu have put e.g. grey and dark purple together, but still its a palette which you can use for the day. Brown and green... day or night is possible. Also after using it, it doesn't scream 'LOOK AT MINE IM WEARING EYESHADOW' like western eyeshadow palettes. Its more of a subtle daily look, though you can build them up for a night out. The colour combinations are beautiful, theres nothing too crazy, and i've even started to love their green eyeshadows just because they are so wearable. You can do so much with each quad; there are just so many different ways to wear each one. Depending on the quad, there are mattes ones but also shimmery ones - all stunning.
And the SHIMMER. OMG. They're beautiful tiny sparkling shimmers. Not great big whooping pieces of glitter in your eyeshadow. Who wants to look like a disco ball everyday? Their shimmers are just enough to give some glow and dimension to the eye without looking like glitterballs. I've also heard that some of their eyeshadows are a bit duochrome, and can change colour depending on the surrounding lighting, though I have yet to experience that. I tend to wear my eyeshadows quite light, just to give my eyes a bit of colour and not look so dead.
In each quad, there's usually a base colour, then 2 that you can play with a bit more, usually a lighter and darker one, then theres an eyeliner shadow which is usually the darkest (but will depend on each quad). You can play around with them to achieve different looks. Some of them have a cream liner as the darkest shade; some have a cream shadow as the lightest shade for the base. I do still use a primer underneath. The colours seem to blend together a bit after a while, I don't mind it as it makes the colour on my eyes a bit harmonious. Being chinese, there isn't a lot of space for me to play around with! I use the Suqqu eyeshadow brushes (SUPER SOFT) with them and they are great together, though I've never tried it with any other brush.
The quads cost £45 each and I usually get them from Selfridges, though you can also get from Harrods. Unfortunately they are discontinuing these quads from 2017, as they have a new collection of eyeshadow quads coming out. I've heard these are more pigmented and looks like they have a bit more shimmer from the promo pictures. Will be interesting to see them, though because they are the first ones from the new collection, they are pretty basic and neutral colours for now. That's why I went a bit crazy and starting buying all the quads.... Wanted to track down some past limited editions but the price tag is just a tad too much.
My favourite eyeshadow quads!! I've never liked quads as there's usually a colour that I really don't like, but these ones... I just love all the colours in each of them!

on 3/17/2015 8:37:00 AM

Suqqu quads are synonymous with luxury and I love them more than anything I`ve tried from the big Western brands. I`ve been wearing the new 2015 Spring quad in 19 Awafujisukashi for a while now and can`t imagine ever growing tired of it. There is a matte coffee ground brown, a white highlighter, a low shimmer bronzy gold, and a shade somewhere between a deep pastel blue and purple. The colors are incredible and so versatile! I can create a softer, professional look for the office, or I can build up the intensity for a sultry smokey eye that none of those UD Naked palettes could ever hope to match. The powders are very pigmented and unlike the other reviewers I found them to be just as rich in pigment as UD or Tom Ford shadows. Luckily where I live Suqqu products are available everywhere and at more reasonable prices, so I imagine we get fresh new compacts unlike folks who have to rely for online orders in other countries, buying products that might have been discontinued or have sat in stock for a while.

Short and Sweet:
Good for a no-makeup, office look. This formula and color selection is somewhat unique in my collection but it's not my favorite. IMO it is not made for an easy application. YMMV- different folks, different strokes. It's highly unlikely for me to buy additional quads or trios.

Detailed:
The shadow is pressed very hard but it does have a somewhat silky texture. Most of the quads have a variation of satin finishes- either satin mattes or satin frosts with or without micro sparkles. The micro sparkles often does not translate on the lid. Quads are a hit and miss. Some shades are quite chalky and not very easy to blend. Despite the shades being packaged with a squirrel haired brush, it's hard to get build or blend the colors if you use any Japanese squirrel haired eye brush. Because of the drier formula, there will be more fall out with these shadows and they will tend to fade much more quickly.

The trios contains more sparkles compared to the quads but it does not really offer that "wet" look that SUQQU advertises. Tom Ford "Adult Glitter" or Bobby Brown Sparkle shadows both nails that "wet" look to a T. Both are formulated similarly but Tom Ford does have higher pigmentation. That's not to say that BB's sparkle shades are also very, very beautiful!

The brand has a huge hype because it is showcased in many blogs, it is in the luxury/high end price tier and it is very hard to come by unless you live in the London or Japan. You have to procure this untested from online retailers or with an extraordinary markup on eBay.

I much prefer Tom Ford's quads/formula (a true testament of luxury shadow IMHO) or Chantecaille for that sheer satiny finish. They both perform better on the eyes (even mature skin) and allows an easier application.

on 7/26/2014 9:04:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

I've used 2 suqqu eyeshadow quads, they are 05 sakurakaba and 07 komorabi.
They did not live up to my expectation so far.
The color arrangements are nice. The green and peach color in komorabi are so lovely together, they have such a spring feeling (probably the only reason I still kept them).

The textures are fine, but not so superior as i would expected based on the rave reviews I've read I personally did not find anything special about it. Chanel eyeshadows are equally finely milled while $20 cheaper than suqqu. The two shimmer color in komorabi quad have a considerable amount of fall outs. The color payoff is so-so. I know it can't be compared with Urban Decay since color payoff isn't suqqu's first priority, but urban decay eye shadows (except the glitters) are so much better.

There are nothing to complain about the quality of suqqu eyeshadows, but at this price point I would expect them to be special. They are just too plain to my collection.