Estee Lauder Perfectionist Youth-Infusing Makeup SPF 25

Estee Lauder Perfectionist Youth-Infusing Makeup SPF 25
Perfectionist Youth-Infusing Makeup SPF 25Estee Lauder Perfectionist 1W2 and 2N1Perfectionist Youth-Infusing Makeup SPF 25Perfectionist Youth-Infusing Makeup SPF 25Perfectionist Youth-Infusing Makeup SPF 25

3.5

(Active Ingredients : Octinoxate 7.50%, Titanium Dioxide 1.90%) ------------ Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Isododecane, Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Phenyl Trimethicone, Polysilicone-11, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Coco-Caprylate/Caprate, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Silica, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Sigesbeckia Orientalis (St. Paul's Wort) Extract, Boswellia Serrata Extract, Chlorella Vulgaris Extract, Artemia Extract, Hydrolyzed Fish (Pisces) Collagen, Whey Protein, Fish (Pisces) Collagen, Acetyl Hexapeptide-8, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Cholesterol, Sodium Chondroitin Sulfate, Caffeine, Glycerin, Sodium Hyaluronate, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Protein, Aminopropyl Ascorbyl Phosphate, Decarboxy Carnosine HCl, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Sodium PCA, Disteardimonium Hectorite, C12-16 Alcohols, Dimethicone Silylate, Caprylyl Glycol, Triethyl Citrate, Palmitic Acid, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Hexyl Laurate, Methicone, Glyceryl Polymethacrylate, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, PEG-8, Hexylene Glycol, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Sodium Chloride, Lecithin, Alumina, Xanthan Gum, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol +/- (CI 77019/Mica, CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77492/CI 77499/Ci 77491/Iron Oxides)

on 10/16/2017 9:34:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

This foundation was a fail for me. I usually wear a TM but wanted something with a bit more coverage for the holiday season so I went and got shade matched at an EL counter for this. The first failure was the match I was given from their handheld. Way way too light the S.A. was super confused and started trying to eyeball match to my skin tone. I'm usually about a L-Medium neutral shade in the winter in most foundations. We chose 3N1 as the closest match in the horrendous lighting. There was no samples available for the color match guaranty so I bought the full size and kept the receipt. Thank god.
I had to return it within 48 hours. It had a nice satin finish and solid medium coverage but the color was off and too orangey. I tried getting rematched to a better color but nothing seemed to work well. I also think that this may have broken me out. Nice finish but I just couldn't make it work

Dealing with aging skin is a bit tricky and finding a foundation that will work for dry combination skin is a hit or miss at times.
I am a big fan of Estee Lauder's line of foundations, I have the regular Double Wear and Double Wear Light. But sometimes, I find that its too matte for my taste especially that the colder months is just around the corner.

So I decided to give this foundation a try and I must say that I am impressed.

Shade: I am between MAC NC 20 - NC 25 and the shade 2N1 Dessert Beige matches me ok. It is a hair light for my skin right now but will match better during the winter months.

Finish: It has a natural finish, not dewy or matte. Perfect for aging skin.

Coverage: Light to medium. May need a concealer for under eye and blemishes

Packaging; It has a pump!

Price: a bit pricey but if you are willing to invest on good makeup, I think it's worth it.

Overall, I am satisfied with this foundation. It is a great for everyday and did I say it has a built in SPF.

Hope this helps!

This is my favorite foundation, and I think I have tried them all! The finish is gorgeous; I'd call it a velvety texture. Coverage is very buildable. I like it best when applied with a blush brush rather than a nylon foundation brush. My biggest problem is blotchiness and uneven skin tone, and this leaves me looking like I have perfect skin. It looks great when you touch it up with pressed powder after a few hours. One of the few foundations I have repurchased!

on 5/21/2017 5:23:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

This foundation glides on the skin. It feels extremely light but covers alot of imperfections. It is netter than my born this way foundation. It highlights the normal hues of my skin withour being cakey or being too heavy. The coverage is light to medium. I used the illuminating primer which highlihted the glow and dewy look. As mature matt foundations ages me. The primer with the foundation makes the process extremely quick. The concealer from estee is insanely good. It covers my purple bags and hyperpigmentation easily. I need no setting powder. I need a small amount of product for each estee product. It did a good job minimising my frown lines. The chanel primer and velvet foundation conceal my frown lines better. The estee lauder is the closest to my duscontinued holy grail smashbox halo foundation. The cost is well worth it for the everyday healthy and not too try hard foundation.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

This is beautiful. It stayed on all day and gave me a healthy glow. I have eczema prone skin, which is of course on the dryer side so when I was given a sample and wore it, I was thrilled at how perfect it looked all day.

UNTIL the evening when I went to take it off. I started to get acne on the jawline which I NEVER get. After reading some reviews, apparently there is an ingredient in there which is known to cause acne. So if I had to wear it I would, as luckily for me the acne went down after a day or two. Because the finish is so beautiful, but I wish they would fix this issue. Some people won't have any problems. If it weren't for the breakouts it caused me this would be 5 stars.

on 7/27/2017 5:50:00 PM

First of all, this product has sparkles in it. I tried a drop on my forearm, and when I went out in the sun I could see the dozens of tiny sparkles. Next, it is expensive. Luckily I was able to get a generous sample so tried it a few days in a row. I would describe the coverage as "light" almost like a tinted moisturizer. I got a decent color match, it seems, in the lightest neutral shade. Once applied, it didn't do anything to blur fine line or pores as advertised. Separated on my nose almost immediately, and within a few hours looked like a greasy, shiny mess. I'm 48 and have fairly dry skin. Admittedly it's summer and quite hot, but I hadn't been out in the direct sun or sweating much. And did I mention it has SPARKLES in it?

on 9/24/2016 4:24:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Like so many others, on the hunt for a really good foundation. This one is definitely in my top 3(give or take). My skin seems to have taken a dramatic turn to the dry so I'm finding my usual bunch of drugstore foundations and a good share of high end ones (samples so far) to be sucking all the moisture out my face. I am recognizing this in the form of "uncomfortable", obvious dryness on the cheeks, leaving the white circles (thought this was sun screen doing this...or possibly too light a shade, or too dry a formula.) Anyway, I got a sample in the shade "Pure Beige", SA did the color match. I think it is ok, but maybe a tad too dark going into fall/winter. I echo all the reviews that state that it applies really smoothly, a light to medium satin finish. I am not sure that it does anything for pores, but it did not magnify. Dry patches (retin A and/or bp induced) still peek through. I did have to put a lighter shade and more mattifying formula (Loreal true match in N1) on forehead and chin. I don't think this is my HG foundation, but I do like it a lot. My daughter, 31, who has very dry skin, mild rosacea also tried my sample. It looked gorgeous on her...better than her fav, Clinique Even Better. IMO the EL Perfectionist is a sheered out version of Clinique Even Better.

on 9/4/2016 5:44:00 AM

I was looking for a semi matte foundation and was so impressed when I first applied this.

The finish is slightly satin and gently glowing.

However, as I noticed after day to day wear at work, it will cling and break up on dry patches.

I have moody skin - it is normal most of the time but dehydrated in an airconditioned office. This doesn't suit me for days at work but is lovely at night.

Not my HG foundation because it needs exceptionally good skin prep on me (I use a Palmer's facial oil on areas I expect to get flaky, prior to working this on with a flat top brush). I won't repurchase but I think it would work marvellously on a generally oiler skin.

on 11/29/2016 6:54:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I have tried most of the Estee lauder foundations, and i like this one the most. Gives me more coverage than Double wear light, and a really pretty satin finish.
I prefer foundations that give decent coverage, last at least 6 hours, and don't accentuate my already normal/dry skin. This lasts all day, and stays looking fresh until i take it off. The colour Dessert Beige is a pretty good match for my Nc20 skin tone.
It isn't my favourite foundation, but definetely in my top 3. A little more expensive than my two favourites, (It cosmetics cc cream, and makeup forever HD stick) but i would consider purchasing when i see it on sale.

on 1/26/2017 10:27:00 AM

Sometimes we just get bored with our makeup and always think there is something better out there in the vast land of makeup that would look better and be more beneficial for our skin. I have used the EL Perfectionist foundation for over two years now, and have tried different samples of various foundations throughout that time, but always return to EL. I love the way it feels when it goes on - it glides over the skin like velvet and is easy to blend. It stays in place just about the entire day (depending on how much I am putting my hands on my face). My only complaint would be the packaging. While I love the pump in the thick glass bottle there is way too much product left at the bottom of the bottle when the pump won't get any more out. At this point, I open up the bottle and insert a straw or whatever you have that would fit into it and can scoop out more than enough product to last several more weeks. At the cost of this foundation, I do not want to waste any of it. I find it to be beneficial to my skin and I love the dewy feeling. The coverage is medium to full and buildable. I have started using a illuminating primer under this and love it even more now. Worth trying and you can go to any EL counter and get a sample to try for free. I am going to try to convince myself to quit shopping for foundations and move on to shopping for concealers.