Estée Lauder Perfectionist Youth-Infusing Makeup SPF 25

Estée Lauder Perfectionist Youth-Infusing Makeup SPF 25

3.5

(Active Ingredients : Octinoxate 7.50%, Titanium Dioxide 1.90%) ------------ Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Isododecane, Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Phenyl Trimethicone, Polysilicone-11, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Coco-Caprylate/Caprate, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Silica, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Sigesbeckia Orientalis (St. Paul's Wort) Extract, Boswellia Serrata Extract, Chlorella Vulgaris Extract, Artemia Extract, Hydrolyzed Fish (Pisces) Collagen, Whey Protein, Fish (Pisces) Collagen, Acetyl Hexapeptide-8, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Cholesterol, Sodium Chondroitin Sulfate, Caffeine, Glycerin, Sodium Hyaluronate, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Protein, Aminopropyl Ascorbyl Phosphate, Decarboxy Carnosine HCl, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Sodium PCA, Disteardimonium Hectorite, C12-16 Alcohols, Dimethicone Silylate, Caprylyl Glycol, Triethyl Citrate, Palmitic Acid, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Hexyl Laurate, Methicone, Glyceryl Polymethacrylate, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, PEG-8, Hexylene Glycol, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Sodium Chloride, Lecithin, Alumina, Xanthan Gum, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol +/- (CI 77019/Mica, CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77492/CI 77499/Ci 77491/Iron Oxides)

on 10/28/2018 10:19:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other

I bought this Perfectionist make-up by Estee Lauder after the sales assistant told me how good it is. My experience with this is a most unusual feeling on the skin, you can feel it there, even though the coverage is medium and not visible because it blends well. You feel like you are wearing some kind of something stuck there holding on to your face, this make-up feels to be putting it's little make-up hooks into you tightening up your skin from every angle, at the same time it does not feel dry, ans it feels soft and smooth, so yes it is good, it is powerful and it's not easy to take off, so when you put this on, you will have it there till you use a real proper make-up remover, if you use something mild like a cream to remove it, it won't come off, it will remain there for days and days, holding your skin tightly in place. I tried it on the back of my hand too after not enjoying the sensation on my face and I could feel how much tighter the make-up skin on the back of my hand was when bending my hand compared to the other hand without. I washed it off with soap, it was annoying me, and it was still tightly place seemingly to be woven into my skin, so because I didn't have any real make-up remover I got some light sandpaper and rubbed over my hand, but alas it was still tightened up, so I just let it wear off over a few days. Sorry folk, I didn't like this product even so it is good I'm sure.

on 10/27/2018 9:31:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

This settles in lines really bad. Which is weird for a product aimed at reducing lines and smoothing skin. Maybe if you powder like crazy but then what's the point bc then you lose the satin finish. ELDW looks invisible next to this. This just looks very makeupy and obvious.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is quite nice..Makes my skin feel like a baby's bottom, even on days I don't use any moisturizer. Not great for full coverage, looks more sheer. I would classify this as light to moderate coverage. I don't detect a scent. Nice pump applicator. I got the shade "2W1 Dawn" and it seems perfect for my NC20 skin. This applies like a dream and blends in almost effortlessly. Not great for all-day wear, however, and for that reason, I probably won't repurchase this, plus some days I need more coverage, and this seems a little too sheer for my liking. But wow, I do love how soft and smooth this makes my skin feel!!

If you don't need all-day wear and you prefer lighter coverage, this might be worth checking out. I debated taking a 'star' off in the rating, but for what it says and what it "promises", it delivers, so 5-stars it is!! I just need "a little more" to hit the "repurchase" button..

I am a big fan of double wears full coverage and Estee Lauder's color selection. I also use a retinol product that sometimes dries my skin out and makes double wear look extremely cakey and fake. Enter Perfectionist.... Same true colors, a little more moisture and medium coverage. Feels amazing on irritatation, stays put and doesn't oxidize and doesn't aggravate acne prone skin. I still use double wear in my T zone if I need more coverage but using these two together gives me PERFECT skin. Get a free sample and see for yourself.

I have been wearing Perfectionist for at least three years and I love it. I see complaints on here about it pooling up, caking or having sparkles. I have no clue what any of those references are to. No sparkles, and it may be that your skin type is not compatible with this? I do think foundation is a very personalized product so it’s believable we can have different experiences. For me though, my skin feels supple, younger, the makeup itself, I apply mixed with a little bit of moisturizer and it feels like my skin is drinking it in. No lines, no uneveness, just even, supple, younger looking skin. I couldn’t live without this. I have combination skin, medium color (Pebble). I apply this with the Estee Lauder foundation brush. Yes it is expensive, but, I only purchase twice a year so it’s not too bad. I highly recommend!

Skin: Other, Other, Warm

Perfectionist make-up is not working for me! I had high expectations for this product but it's not making me feel or look any better, to the contrary, it makes me look old. I examined my face with a highly magnified mirror before make-up and after.
1. BEFORE this make-up:
after cleansing and moisture, my pores were a bit visible, but I recognized myself to the age I am, no sagging or skin contortions.
2. AFTER I put this onto my face:
I could feel it on my skin, a sensation like something there. I looked in my magnified mirror, I didn't look the same, it was like looking at an older different person, my pores looked more pronounced, my face had some twisted skin contortions I'd never been aware of before.
• Granted the make-up feels smooth and silky the touch, but my face is combination skin, and it did not work for the areas of cheekbones downwards on me. I have such a bother finding a good make-up for myself, this one is not for me.

For me it does not work, it might have caused me to break out more but my big no no for me is the look on my skin, looks not smooth, highlights my dry spots, tad orange but looks better if I use a blender sponge but requires more works than just finger application. sunscreen is nice, photographs well. Just wished looked as good in person on skin.

on 1/3/2018 4:23:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I’ve been using this foundation for about 2-3 years (2C3) and I hope it never is discontinued! It’s medium coverage, easy to blend, SPF 25, and in a pump.

One reviewer stated that she saw glitter/sparkles. I’ve never seen that or else it doesn’t show up on my skin. I get a dewy glow from it. Yes, a dewy glow at 50 years of age! It lasts 6 hours+. No weird smell or anything, either - even though it’s SPF 25.

Even though I’m ok with being 50, I have experienced issues with some foundations caking up. I’ve never had a problem with EL Perfectionist. Of course, I moisturize before putting it on. Other products I’ve tried “drag” on even if I moisturize but EL Perfectionist does not.

I do agree with another reviewer that there is quite a bit left after there isn’t enough product for the pump to be used, but that’s fine. A q-tip or brush is all that’s needed. Yes, that’s how much I love this foundation! Good to the last drop!

on 10/16/2017 9:34:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

This foundation was a fail for me. I usually wear a TM but wanted something with a bit more coverage for the holiday season so I went and got shade matched at an EL counter for this. The first failure was the match I was given from their handheld. Way way too light the S.A. was super confused and started trying to eyeball match to my skin tone. I'm usually about a L-Medium neutral shade in the winter in most foundations. We chose 3N1 as the closest match in the horrendous lighting. There was no samples available for the color match guaranty so I bought the full size and kept the receipt. Thank god.
I had to return it within 48 hours. It had a nice satin finish and solid medium coverage but the color was off and too orangey. I tried getting rematched to a better color but nothing seemed to work well. I also think that this may have broken me out. Nice finish but I just couldn't make it work

Dealing with aging skin is a bit tricky and finding a foundation that will work for dry combination skin is a hit or miss at times.
I am a big fan of Estee Lauder's line of foundations, I have the regular Double Wear and Double Wear Light. But sometimes, I find that its too matte for my taste especially that the colder months is just around the corner.

So I decided to give this foundation a try and I must say that I am impressed.

Shade: I am between MAC NC 20 - NC 25 and the shade 2N1 Dessert Beige matches me ok. It is a hair light for my skin right now but will match better during the winter months.

Finish: It has a natural finish, not dewy or matte. Perfect for aging skin.

Coverage: Light to medium. May need a concealer for under eye and blemishes

Packaging; It has a pump!

Price: a bit pricey but if you are willing to invest on good makeup, I think it's worth it.

Overall, I am satisfied with this foundation. It is a great for everyday and did I say it has a built in SPF.

Hope this helps!