Superdrug Skin Soft Gradual Tan Light

Price: $

Not tested on animals

on 7/24/2014 5:22:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I headed to Superdrug to purchase this product as my first foray into the (murky?) world of self-tanning. As a fair-skinned redhead, I had previously simply decided to let nature remain as it is, but on seeing this cruelty-free BUAV approved self-tan with an impending holiday on the horizon, I decided to give it a try.

Being cruelty-free was not this product's only plus-point. At only 1 per 250ml bottle, one might be forgiven for thinking you can't go wrong. However, my first attempt at applying post-shower yielded not the subtle, golden hint of colour I was hoping for, but a streaky, orange look that made me wonder whether this was a case of, indeed, getting what you pay for.

Undeterred for the moment, though, I decided to give the product another chance, and reapplied the following few nights, after exfoliating my skin and using a regular moisturiser under it to see if it lessened the orange streakiness. It didn't, though, so though I have only wasted 1, I do wish it had worked because it is so hard to find cruelty-free brands that, when one does, one really wants them to be the business! Sorry, Superdrug!