Tarte Colored Clay Tinted Brow Gel

4.7

on 1/13/2018 11:14:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Tarte has officially broken my heart. This product has been discontinued in my shade. I loved it. I loved the drier, thicker formula and the genius skinny little wand. Lasted through a workout, beefed up my brows, and tinted them. I have purchased no less than 4 other brands of brow mascaras since my last tube of this dried out and I’ve found nothing that compares. So, so sad. What a great product.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Grey, Other, Medium

As I have aged my brows seemed to have become much lighter and somewhat sparser though they have retained their shape. I have been playing around with various brow products and saw this on Tarte's web site and became intrigued. I waffled for a bit regarding the shades available because with my silvery salt and pepper hair, light olive coloring and green eyes, shade/color is the one thing that has become an issue for me. Most brow products out there, regardless of price, are only available in shades that are just awful on me and come off as just too hard, dark and contrived. I finally got off the fence, took a chance and ordered three while these were on sale, one in taupe and two in grey and after using these for a few days find myself extremely impressed with the results. The grey shade is very soft and unobtrusive and does not give the glaring appearance that I dislike so much with brow products. The taupe also works very well with my coloring but is a tad more subdued than the grey. The results with both are just perfect. The size of the spoolie is very slim and applies the perfect amount of product and allows incredible control. This product probably has the best applicator available and despite this being a gel, the texture of my brows remained soft and very natural. My brows but better. A single application in the morning lasted through a 12-14 hour wearing and stayed on beautifully until I removed it. I ordered six more in the grey today while they were still on sale just in case this product becomes unavailable. I hate when cosmetic companies do that. One finds something that is holy grail and then it suddenly vanishes from the market and can no longer be purchased. Well, I'm set this time.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This is so easy to use and adds just the right amount of color to fill in my brows. I don't think it will do much for overly thin brows but my brows just need some touch ups to look fuller and even, so it's perfect! Stays on and looks realistic. Not overly drawn on or anything like that.

on 11/7/2016 9:29:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I really thought I would like this because the mini brush looked like exactly what I needed, but I found the effect way too easy to overdo. I've found that between the brow products with mascara brushes (Anastasia) mini brushes (Tarte) and what I've termed "spiral staircase" brushes (Glossier, L'oreal) I much prefer the spiral staircase for a bold and yet natural looking effect. Right now, my brow product of choice is L'oreal's Brow Plumper used in conjunction with Anastasia's Brow Pomade at home, and Glossier's Boy Brow paired with MUFE's Aquabrow in my travel kit.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I've been intrigued by this trend of mini brushes for brow products and decided to try out Tarte's product. The mini brush really does help with creating with natural, full fluffy brows, and it's tiny enough where you can concentrate the product in a specific area. It's amazing how pigmented this product is, and it has strong yet soft hold which pretty much has lasted all day. I took off one lippie because the color range could be better -- they need to add more ashy colored options! I use Medium Brown and my hair/eyebrows are a dark dark brown and Medium Brown kind of make my eyebrows look too warm compared to my hair. Rich Brown would be too dark for my brows.

on 12/6/2015 11:42:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Grey, Relaxed, Medium

I love this brow product for the tiny applicator and because it comes in gray. I was a blonde baby and child whose hair darkened as I got older but my brows never did - they're practically platinum. It's hard to find a color that looks right, but this gray has a taupey edge and it's perfect. The brush is small and I'm grateful for that because the other products of this type that I've tried had bigger brushes that held too much product and made for a sloppy application that I was always having to take a Q-tip to. You can re-apply if you want more color, or just buy a darker shade. I hope Tarte never discontinues this color and this product.

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

First off I love this Item but I don't think I would re-buy it bc there are so many new brow items coming out in the Drug store that I would love to try but if you have the money for it than its a good buy gives your brows some color but not over the top it more of a natural Brow...

on 4/8/2015 3:18:00 PM

This little baby brow brush does a big job. It makes this whole eyebrow thing kind of easy to do. It fills the gaps and perks up the brows where they stay perked up. Kind of like a really good bra will do for middle aged boobs. I've used it alone and I've used it with the other Tarte brow stuff that you dip the brush in and make the line right under the brows and use the spooly thing to blend it upwards. Using both gives a very precise look but using this brow gel alone is very quick and you look better without spending time trying to make it look even. I bought the medium brown and it's not too dark-not too light. I like this little brush better than the similar product by Benefit.

on 3/13/2015 8:50:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

After getting my brows waxed for the first time @ Ulta, I asked the lady who did them to recommend a good brow gel. She showed me the Benefit Gimme Brow, which I found was a little too dark and a bit messy. Another sales associate recommended me the tarte Tinted Brow Gel and I absolutely loved it! The brush is thinner than the one from Gimme Brow, which really help you from accidentally overapplying product.

My brows are quite full, so I find that just this is good enough for me. It keeps my brow hairs in place and gives me a very put together, but natural look. Great if you have naturally full brows like I do. The price is a bit steep for such little product, but it'll last you a while.

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I have naturally shaped brows that are slightly sparse. After seeing some pictures of my ashy brows I decided to get this product. I laughed at the teeny brush thing at the end but I'm glad it was tiny.

This pushes any stray hair in order and they stay stiff in a natural way. With a light hand it's easy to add colour and shape which is the best thing about this product. Sparseness disappears easily.

I hate the idea of spending more than a minute on my brows so I love this.

Popular Brows Products