E.L.F. Smudge Pot Cream Eyeshadow

E.L.F. Smudge Pot Cream Eyeshadow
Smudge Pot Cream Eyeshadowe.l.f. Smudge PotSmudge Pot Cream EyeshadowSmudge Pot Cream EyeshadowSmudge Pot Cream Eyeshadow

4.6

Dimethicone, Caprylyl Methicone, Ozokerite, Phenyl Trimethicone, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Mica, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Tocopheryl Acetate (Ve), Propylparaben. MAY CONTAIN: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Calcium Titanium Borosilicate, Tin Oxides (CI 77861).

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love the Maybelline Color Tattoo pots and was led to believe from online reviews that these were very similar. And whilst I would say that’s true to a point, there are some very significant differences which left me disappointed.

I purchased the shade Cruisin’ Chic which is similar in shade to the Maybelline Color Tattoo in On & On Bronze (Bad to the Bronze). I applied it using my ring finger and although coverage was good, it had a very stiff consistency making it hard to blend out once it was on my eyelid. I thought the heat from my skin might make it easier to work with, but continuously trying to blend it out actually just made it set firmer and in some places in even started to ball up a little. Also, the pot is significantly smaller than the Maybelline ones with an opening that is almost impossible to get into, making it difficult to get a good amount of product onto your finger/brush. Once it was on it did have good staying power (I used it over the UD Eyeshadow Primer as my eyelids are way too oily to use any eyeshadows without it) and removal was easy too, coming off completely with micellar water with next to no effort.

However, here’s the main issue for me – along with the size of the pot which makes it very difficult to use, the one I had dried up in a matter of weeks. I got no more than a handful of uses out of it before it became a crumbly, unusable mess. So, although it cost a fraction of the price of the Maybelline Color Tattoo, it’s nowhere near as good in terms of packaging or durability. I’m glad I tried it but I wouldn’t repurchase and will be going back to the Maybelline versions.

on 8/7/2017 6:05:00 PM

Long wearing, easy to apply, great price. Would recommend! It's a shame they only have a few shades, would purchase more

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

These are so cheap and the quality is amazing--they are super creamy, blendable, and metallic and look amazing as an all-over eye color (for days you are in a rush) or as an eyeshadow base. It just makes a look pull together so easily and look really flattering. I love the range of browny/nude/bronze shades for everyday and work. if you want pics/swatches, message me on instagram: @heytherehelena, happy to send you some! Def check these out at Target :)

on 6/15/2017 5:02:00 PM

These are the best eyeshadows ELF makes, IMO. They are so creamy and pigmented. They blend well on the eyes and last pretty much all day. I wish they would make these in more colours, but I am seeing fewer colours and half of them on clearance on their website, so I'm worried they may be discontinued. You keep discontinuing or selling smaller amounts of product for the same amount of money. Why Elf, why? My only issue is that the packaging does not give much room to dip your finger in (the easiest way for me to apply cream shadows) without getting it on your nails.

These smudge pots are the best! The quality is great and there's a lot of product, especially for the e.l.f. price! I have several colors but my favorite is Cruisin Chic; it's my go to shade for days when I don't feel like doing a whole eye look--just applying this to the lid looks great and the shade is beautiful. I do have to use a eyeshadow primer, but I have never found an eyeshadow -- cream or otherwise-- where I don't need a primer. With primer, the colors last all day and night on my eyes. I know e.l.f. has been revamping a lot of their products, but I really hope they don't eliminate these!

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I bought wine on sale for fourth cents I believe? Anyways love the color but it's hard to get to the product and take it out, it's like it wants to stay on the brush or your finger and not come off, also mine never set and faded , so idk if I got an old product or not. That is my review for wine not though, I may try brownie points and see if that is any different. This isn't a shit product, but I feel like it could be improved.

on 4/13/2017 9:05:00 AM

I bought cruisin chic and it's amazing. Stays on all day, doesnt crease, gorgeous golden/brown shade...i paid 2$ for it and i am very very happy! If all the other ones are as good im gonna buy them all :)

on 1/17/2017 3:45:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Love these. I have 4 of them and use them all the time. I love how easy it is to just swipe it on your lids and there's your eye makeup! It can be used as a base too for powder shadows or you can use it alone. I can't spend too much time doing makeup as I have 2 toddlers at home so my makeup is done in 2 min. I just swipe the smudge pot on my lids with my fingers and finish with an eyeliner, that's it. So easy and no need for brushes either. And the price is unbeatable too. Highly recommend.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Thanks to Lisa Eldrige, my makeup savior- I found new life for this little product because it wasn't on my radar. Like another product I mentioned, this had been on backburner for awhile. Don't get me wrong: I liked what I saw and tested it on my hand a few times, but since I don't wear makeup as frequently, nor I felt I'd have an occasion to wear it, it languished away in my drawer. So I had a date, plus LE's quick smokey eye tut encouraged me to reach for it. I had the shade Brownie Points, which was a coppery-bronzey shade that dried down to an even deeper bronze on the skin; hell, I felt too intimidated to wear it to be honest. Anyway, it applied creamy with no fuss to the skin, but dear lord please work quickly because it dries in a flash and does NOT budge. If you were to want to blend it out, you're SOL basically; I went ahead anyway and put a dark brown in the crease for more 'oomph'. It gave me a rich, but subtle look to my eyes without looking too gaudy. After the movie I went into the ladies room for the obligatory: 'welp, my makeup faded, oh great!' check, and to my surprise- still there! I blotted my nose and went about my business. I have no reference point with long-lasting cream shadows and removal, but I had no issue with taking it off at the end of the night. It's a nice little product from ELF with a decent price point: $3 (the usual with them), and a great date night shade (I got compliments from my date) or whenever you feel like a bronzy look on the eye.

Not sure if I purchased duds but I didn't like this at all. They went on clearance at a local store, so I took the opportunity to purchase Ain't That Sweet and Wine Not. I'm glad they were half priced because they were terrible. Too creamy, like a wet mousse pudding, and hardly any pigment with loads of chunky glitter. Sure, it set, but then I couldn't wash the ugly mess off my hands. I exchanged them both for the brow kit.