Tarte Rainforest After Dark

Tarte Rainforest After Dark
Tarte Rainforest After Dark - SwatchesTarte Rainforest After Dark - OutsideTarte Rainforest After Dark - Inside

4.3

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

My go-to travel pallete. Decent palette size with pretty eyeshadow combination, natural blush, bronzer & highlighter.

It's easy to use for day to night eye-makeup. Pigmented eyeshadow & easy to blend too. It last 12hours on me without creasing/fading (I use The Balm eye primer)

Bronzer a bit too light for contouring so I always bring extra bronzer. Highlight is subtle. Just a faint glow from within type of highlighter. If you're more into "on fleek" highlighter, you must use/bring your other highlighter.

Snake design with jewel head & wood like pattern is badass! I felt the packaging a bit less sturdy than Tartelette In Bloom. Mirror size is comfortable enough.

I would recommend this wether you're travelling a lot or just love all in one makeup product with no fuss.
(Eh but it's discontinued & seems sold out everywhere. Except you buy preloved from someone)

on 10/19/2016 1:23:00 AM

This palette was very disappointing. I have medium tone skin. For me, the blush is not pigmented. The contour/bronzer is also not pigmented. The eyeshadows look pretty but many of them do not have staying power. The light pink one is chalky. The light purple, plum and gold shadows are nice. The dark brown shadow is not a pretty color.

on 10/3/2016 4:30:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This has to be, without a doubt, my favorite full face palette - I love it more than it's counterpart, The Showstopper. It's the cooler of the two - which is likely why I lean towards it. I am drawn to cooler tones. The eyeshadows are pigmented, creamy, and can easily transition from day to night. The blush is a beautiful matte mauve shade which isn't crazy pigmented - meaning it takes more effort to reach clown face. The bronzer is not too orange (HALLELUJAH) and also matte; the highlight shade is more champagne toned - subtle yet buildable as well.

The packaging itself is gorgeous - faux wood finish embossed with a golden snake and a purple jeweled eye. That is DOPE. The huge mirror is much appreciated and the case itself is very sturdy. It's ideal for travel as it SHOULD cut down on amount of makeup you need to
pack. If you're anything like me, it won't matter :P

In all seriousness, this palette is every damn thing and the price point is one hell of a deal when you break it down.

For $40USD, you get..

Bronzer
Blush
Highlighter
6 quality eyeshadows

I'm a fan and if I ever need to repurchase, I absolutely will....

on 6/21/2016 11:35:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

What I love Tarte for.....understated natural beauty.....when I want that look I go straight for my Tarte palettes. Tarte's eyeshadows are not bold but long lasting..they're not loud but very pigmented. I have to say, this palette is a dream. It is very well balanced and would be perfect for a weekend away, a wedding...it's really so versatile. There are two basic eye looks mapped out for you. One is plummy and the other a brown and gold but of course the two can be mixed for a personalized look. I'm really tanned right now so the face products are not just jumping off my face but they still look great and are right on par with the shadows. One thing about Tarte eyeshadows you must know..they are super soft so fallout will occur. I don't mind though..they're worth it. I think it's worth 40 bucks..yeah, I like it...ALOT.

P.S. I wanted to let you know something I did...I have the Showstopper pallete as well as this one and they are the same size. I always felt like the Showstopper blush did not flow well with the color scheme and I didn't like the blush color in this one. I switched them and now I am SUPER crazy about both. I am a cool toned girl and the Rainforest pallete is perfect for summer and now the Showstopper is perfect for winter. Just a little tip if you have both or are thinking about buying this one.

on 5/11/2016 5:39:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I am a palette junkie, I have all three UD naked ones, both Lorac unzippeds, Stila and tartelette in bloom, these are my favorites, but none of them have deep purple colors, which I wanted to try. I have light skin, hazel eyes and ash brown hair, and I thought that the purple would look great with my colors. I was sold on the packaging, however, I would never buy a palette just for packaging , if I don't like the colors (I'm looking at you, UD Alice #2). The blush takes most of the palette, andit is a very pretty natural blush on me. It's not excessively pigmented, but it's a good thing, it looks dusky rosy on my cheeks, very flattering. It faded a Little bit by the end of the day, but my skin is extremely oily, and nothing would stay anyways. The bronzer is cooler tone than the original "princess" bronzer, it's matte (original is shimmery and much warmer). I love it, because i can use it as a transition crease shade on my lids. The highlighter is very useful as eye highlight and cheek highlight. It lasted on my browbone over 12 hours. The eye shadow are nicely pigmented, blend well and are not fading on me (with primer). I created a smoky people look with a fan of gold in the center of the lid - fantastic! I can see so much more of the green in my eyes! I applied my makeup at 6 am, it's now 6 30 pm and it still looks great. No muddiness , creasing or smudging. Awesome! I took the lippie off because the shadows are very small for the price.

LOVE this palette. Great for traveling - 2 eye looks, blush, highlighter and a matte bronzer all in one. The blush or bronzer probably wont work for you if you're any darker than a light-medium though. The blush is pretty light and not very pigmented and I would have liked the bronzer half a shade darker. I love the eyeshadows - the shades are amazing (but they are pretty small so keep that in mind).

Its definitely a very complete palette and overall would recommend!

on 9/26/2015 9:35:00 PM

A great all-natural palette for your entire face. I love that in comes with blush, bronzer, and highlighter in addition to 6 eyeshadows. I have average/tan skin with yellow undertones, dark-blonde hair with natural highlights, and green eyes. The shades in the palette are all very flattering on me. Easy to apply and makes me feel sexy, would recommend.

The main reason I bought this palette was for the first three eye shadows. The last three are very dupable but I thought I could create some nice eye looks with them all together. I did a smokey eye with the first three shadows and I was disappointed. The shadows aren't very
pigmented on the eye and you really have to take your time building them up. About one hour after I finished my makeup I looked in the mirror and the shadows had faded significantly. More than any other brand of eye shadow I've ever used. The dark purple didn't look purple anymore and the other two shadows just looked like my skin. I don't think I'll try any more Tarte eye palettes.

I got this palette about 2 months ago and I have to say that I'm pretty pleased with it. I ordered it before ever actually seeing it in person thanks to all the youtube videos about it. Anyways, the only thing that really let me down was the size. I expected it to be a bit bigger. The blush is actually pretty amazing and I rarely ever use blush. My cheeks are very pink/red naturally. I absolutely adore every shadow in this and use them all frequently. The plum/ purple shade is a bit more muted than it looked online, but it's still beautiful. OMG this highlighter is crazy amazing!! I can already tell you I'm going to hit pan on that before anything else. It's so smooth and the color is perfectly balanced.. Not too gold, or white or bronze. It's simply perfect! I reach for this palette just for the highlighter sometimes.. Ok a lot of times! Other than that the packaging is on point! I love the nice strong quality of it, and the snake is beautiful. I love the theme and I do not regret this order at all.

on 1/9/2016 11:38:00 PM

To start off with, the packaging is very nice and you get a decent sized mirror inside as well. The palette comes with a highlighter which is a pretty champagne gold colour but isn't very pigmented. The blush isn't very pigmented either but that's how I prefer blushes, otherwise I put far too much on my already red cheeks. The bronzer is the original park ave princess, which I like for a soft bronze contour if I don't want to contour too much that day. The eyeshadows are all very pigmented at first swatch, but I found they blended away into nothing and disappeared after a couple of hours, even with eyeshadow primer. All and all, a very average palette and probably not worth the money.