T3 Featherweight Luxe 2i

T3 Featherweight Luxe 2i

3.0

on 1/20/2017 12:42:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I was given this for Christmas and was so excited to try it! But after just the first use, i was pretty disappointed.
First off, it DOESN'T dry my hair fast, like not even kind of fast, at all! In fact, it takes much longer than most other dryers/fans I've used over the years ranging from $-$$$. It should be noted that I have shoulder-length fine, thin hair, yet dense (lots of it), so my hair normally dries pretty fast in comparison to most people's, so I really don't understand how this dryer works so slow. How is extending the "rough-drying" twice as long less damginging (on Med heat/ high power)?!
Secondly, the Low speed is way low, maybe they should've added in a medium speed to compensate? Additionally, the High speed setting is wimpy as well, so I end up having to use high heat to overcompensate for it, which I ABHORE having to do since my fine hair should really only use medium to low heat.
Thirdly, the concentrator nozzle is TOO WIDE at the mouth and blows my hair all over. The round brush is so-so.
And, lastly, this is NOT dual voltage, which is what I was looking for (but it's kinda too big to travel with anyway, so ...).
I like the weight of the dryer but the length w/ nozzle attached is a bit too long for my preference to get a good handle/grip on doing a blow out. If I had longer hair it'd probably be fine.
If this cost $25 I'd probably give it three lip pies, but for $250 USD !?!? I don't think so.
Within days, I've gone back to my speedy, reliable Babyliss Pro Ceramic dryer of 5 years - albeit it is heavier than a brick and the concentrator broke years ago - it works in half the time and smooths my hair completely because it actually closes the cuticle rather than leaving it open as the cool-shot failed to do on T3.
I'm wanting to look at Elchim or Parlux now. Maybe GHD.
I hate having to return a thoughtful, expensive gift, but this just doesn't justify the money my DH spent on it. I feel so bad for him - he tried so hard!
Back to the store it goes.

on 12/27/2015 8:16:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I splurged on this dryer as a birthday gift for myself this past October. I wanted to use this for awhile prior to reviewing. This dryer replaced a working Conair 1875 dryer.

First this dryer completely blows the other dryer out of the park. I find I can dry my hair in 1/2 the time. Leaves my fine super soft and don't tangle Works well with my attachable hair bonnet, to make it a bonnet dryer when I'm doing a vintage pincurl set.

Love that it came with a new hair brush. Concentator nozzle also included.

Pros: faster dry time, quiet compared to my old dryer, lightweight, no filter to clean, has not overheated when with 20 minute use with my bonnet attachment.
Con: the price, but worth it in my opinion.

I plan on getting the diffuser for this dryer.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I bought this hair dryer after I dropped my 8 year old T3 Evolution on the floor and the plastic bracket holding the fan in place broke :( I loved my Evolution and for years wouldn't let another blow dryer touch my hair. I only use T3 heat tools because I have had bad experiences with all other brands of heat tools so buying another T3 dryer was a no-brainer. I can honestly say that this not only meets but exceeds the Evolution's performance. It dries my hair even faster and leaves it even softer and shinier, and full of volume! In addition to having tourmaline infused parts, this dryer also has a ionic generator. The dryer is is gorgeous with a sleek black lacquer finish and titanium-chrome accents. It has 2 speed and 4 heat settings. It also comes with a concentrator nozzle and a T3 tourmaline-infused round brush.

on 8/13/2014 11:35:00 PM

I got this product a month ago, and i don't know what's wrong with it, because every one seems to be loving this blow drier so much...since I got it I have not noticed a difference in my hair, actually my hair feels more damage than ever !!!! :( omg I really wanted to love this blow drier but I certainly can't, I just can't.... it says I will live your hair with 86% volume, frizz free....not of that happens when I use this stuff, my hair just feels really bad since I stared using it, not silky, not soft, not even with the round brush it came with, I keep using it because I already paid for it and plus it was not cheap at all. I just refuse to think that my old Remington blow dryer does a much better work with my hair (my hair is long straight and wavy just a little at the ends). It also says that it will blow dry your hair faster like in 7 minutes...well yeah but I've noticed that maybe because of the technology thing that dries your hair from the inside out my hair always feels wet like in 10-15 min after it supposedly dried my hair.
I just hope some one can help with this issues, because I know it must be a good product because most of the people love it, I just don't know why my hair is reacting so badly to this hair dryer.

Pros:
light weight
luxury
not noisy

cons
too expensive
it doesn't do 100% what it promise