Cover Girl Ready, Set Gorgeous Concealer

3.1

Water/Eau, Cyclopentasiloxane, Propylene Glycol, Dimethicone, Talc, Peg/Ppg-18/18 Dimethicone, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Sodium Chloride, Pvp, Laureth-7, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Trihydroxystearin, Arachidyl Behenate, Methylparaben, Methicone, Propylparaben, Silica, Ethylene/Methacrylate Copolymer, Synthetic Wax, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Hexyl Laurate, Cetyl Peg/Ppg-10/1 Dimethicone, Ethylene Brassylate, Behenic Acid, Polyethylene, Aluminum Hydroxide, Stearic Acid, May Contain/ Peut Contenir: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides

My original thoughts on this product we're quite dire. However.. thankfully I did repurchase this to try again. I've noticed that this product works best over a silicone based primer for example : Smashbox Photo Finish Primer or Maybelline Age Rewind. I had tried this over my HG primer Hourglass Mineral Veil and it completely went blotchy. If you can get this to work it truly is an amazing product !. I've also recently learned that if you remove the stopper you get a TON of product still left in the tube. However.. be careful because without the stopper it can start to become slightly messy. I feel this is a great option it's light coverage, very buildable as well.

This is a decent concealer. It covers well, not great. It's a nice smooth texture. What I like most about it is the colors. They are very natural looking, not very pigmented, which is good because it blends in your skin nice and doesn't stand out with your skin tone. I got the lightest one and surprise it wasn't super pink like most, it was actually yellow toned. Not as yellow as I'd like but decent enough. Overall I do like it though.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This is an inexpensive concealer that works for me, but I won't re-buy it. I have shade 105/110 - fair and it's definitely light enough for me. I like a medium to light coverage concealer because I don't use foundation on a daily basis. I use this under my eyes and on blemishes, and set it with a translucent powder. It creases a small amount under my eyes if I delay setting it, and it definitely creases up and smears my makeup if I don't.
There's quite a bit of product in the bottle which is nice, and it layers well for more coverage if needed. It didn't break me out, and didn't cling to dry skin on my blemishes or look cake-y when layered over foundation (CoverGirl TruBlend) and set.

I gave this product a good rating based on my experience and needs. Now that I've started using more makeup I'm going to try out a different one when I finish it, so I won't be re-buying. If I ever need a simple, cheap concealer I may buy this again but for now I'd like to find something with more coverage and more staying power.

I will keep this review short, sweet, and happy!

Pros:
- Not expensive
- Provides light to medium coverage
- Does not rub off after applying (it will stay on your face unless you scratch your face for whatever reason)
- Stays on for a few hours (unless you have oily T-Zone, it will melt away a bit but it does a good job of staying on and blending well with the skin)
- There is a lot of product inside that bottle.For me, this lasted me 9 months and counting (I do not use this to contour my entire face, I only use it cover my dark circles and the tip of my nose for some highlights)
- Covers up large pores
- Easy to wash off with water, toner, makeup remover
- Comes in a small bottle; which I can put in my tiny purse and reapply. I've always depend on this little baby when I don't carry my powder in my purse

Cons:
- No full coverage
- May need to reapply
- Not the best for contouring (will need to apply a second time in the same areas to ensure that the highlights and contours are beautifully defined)

Overall feeling: happy! :)

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Other, Curly, Other

This product has minimal coverage due to its thin and watery consistency. Doesn't cover anything, not even the smallest blemish. Will not be repurchasing.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I bought this randomly as it was on sale, I've been using it as an undereye highlight and it's not bad, it doesn't crease and blends okay. It offer very light coverage though so I don't think I would be anle to actually conceal anything with it

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

This used to be my HG concealer, but Maybelline Fit Me has replaced it. This just doesn't cover my dark circles very well and isn't good for blemishes or acne. The shade was ok for me, but there are so much better alternatives at the drugstore. Don't waste your money on this.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

It covers well until you get out in day light then it becomes a sheer color and your back with the under eye circles

Color in the tube is deceiving. It's much lighter than how it looks like in the tube.

Having said that though, this concealer barely covers anything. It's liquidy, sheer and when blended, it seems to just disappear!!!

The only upside is that I got this for around $6CAD which isn't bad since you get a decent amount of product. Also, I quite like the look and feel of the tube. The cap is somewhat textured so it's easy to open and close securely.

Overall, very disappointing and had I kept the receipt, I would've returned it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This concealer works great on my nose, it does stay all day which is why I bought it. My nose tends to be more tan than the rest of my face. Looks very natural in Mac c35 tan color.