Josie Maran Cosmetics Argan Black Oil Mascara

Josie Maran Cosmetics Argan Black Oil Mascara
Argan Black Oil MascaraArgan Black Oil Mascara

2.9

INGREDIENTS-Pure Argan Oil: Conditions and nourishes lashes. -Bamboo: Strengthens and fortifies lashes. -Iron Mineral Pigments: Deliver intense, blackest-black color. Water, Beeswax, Sucrose Stearate, Propanediol, Cetearyl Alcohol, Rice Bran Wax, C18-36 Acid Triglyceride, Acrylates/Ethylhexyl Acrylate Copolymer, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Phenoxyethanol, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Myrica Pubescens Fruit Cera (Myrica Pubescens Fruit Wax), Silica, Panthenol, Organic Argan Kernel Oil, Ethylhexylglycerin, Laureth-21, Glycerin, Bambusa Vulgaris Leaf/Stem Extract, Potassium Sorbate. May Contain: Iron Oxides (CI 77499).

I really like this product. Not heavy or weighty and it does not flake off. If I want a natural look, I wear it alone and it conditions my lashes. If I want a pop of glam, I use it as a first coat and add a volume mascara. I love that it conditions while adding volume.

on 1/28/2016 9:41:00 AM

I was excited to try this mascara. I got it in the Sephora pack and was really looking forward to trying it. However, it didn't deliver. Upon application it's okay - it produces a pretty natural look that defines the eyes without adding tons of volume or length. However, by the end of the day it looks like I'm not wearing any mascara. It's not that it smudges or flakes - it just disappears. It's weird - my lashes look naked, like I don't have any mascara on. However, when I actually wash my face at the end of the day I end up with black smudges under my lashes, so clearly the mascara hasn't actually disappeared. It's actually not very easy to remove.

The packaging is really pretty. That's about the only good thing I can say for it. It's not terrible, but it's certainly a lot worse than many drugstore mascaras for less than half the price. I would never repurchase.

on 1/27/2016 4:15:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Wow I am surprised this has bad reviews. The product is great and really makes my lashes stand out. I agree with the other reviewers that the brush leaves something to be desired which is why I only gave it 4 lippies. I have and will repurchase but I do hope they change the brush.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I got this as a sample from sephora and I am really impressed. It glides on nicely and doesnt clump or flake, you can definitely tell the oil component. The brush is a little big, and difficult to get the little lashes on the bottom but overall a win.

on 10/12/2015 11:47:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Got this as a deluxe sample from Sephora. It's a beautiful, rich color and I didn't experience any flaking like other reviewers (although I've only been using it a few weeks). The oil aspect also didn't bother me. What I found cumbersome was the brush. It's unlike any brush I've ever used (the ad calls it a "five-ball brush") and I was scared to use it close to my eye, so only apply it to the ends of my lashes. This sample will last me a while, but I don't think I'd purchase a full size.

on 8/31/2015 9:26:00 AM

Wow, I´m so surprised about the bad reviews! When I read the name "black oil" I immediately thought that this will smudge and make me look terrible. Also, lots of mascaras which praise themselves with lash-nutrition/care ingredients only give me a very natural look, to put it mildly. But this one was a great surprise! Beautiful length and volume, no clumping whatsoever, dramatically black, without a smudge in sight even after very long and/or hot summerdays. Just great! And the packaging is pretty too.

on 8/6/2015 11:51:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Sephora Favorites deluxe sample. The wand is bushy but not overly huge. It curled nicely but didn't hold the curl. Didn't flake or smudge and it may very well be beneficial for my lashes but I won't purchase full size if it can't hold curl.

on 7/26/2015 10:16:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I was really excited to try this because of the ingredients, but it really didn't condition my lashes any more than, say, Revlon Grow Luscious. So it sat in a drawer until I chunked it. I got a sample recently and re-tried.

It didn't give me the fluffy volume that Revlon GL did, though I did like the color -- not super crazy black, just a nice soft daytime black. It looks a lot like my favorite no-mascara mascaras, Loreal Double Extend and Blinc Amplified. So it may be a good option if you want a nice pared-down lash for daytime but aren't a fan of tubing mascaras.

It didn't flake or go raccoony on me, even after an afternoon in the heat at our local swimming spot. I didn't straight-up stick my face in the water, but I was definitely sweaty, sunscreeny, and damp for several hours without a whole lot of mascara movement. Because of this I was expecting it to be tough to remove but it came right off, so that was nice. Definitely better than the "nice" mascara I was using before, Aveda Mosscara. That is insanely black but just self-destructs like nothing else, plus burns like a motha when you take it off.

I doubt I'd repurchase because it wasn't stellar. But it wasn't bad, either. Just kind of normal. Frankly, if I want a conditioning mascara for daytime I'll go with the cheaper options that fit my needs just as well. If it were more volumizing and darker I might give it a third go, but I'm still underwhelmed.

on 7/20/2015 12:21:00 AM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Another deluxe sample from the Sephora Lash Stash kit. I really wanted to like this one, but alas, it wasn't so. The odd brush made the mascara hard to apply and the formula was very wet. Black oil is right, as it felt like oil is exactly what I had coated my lashes with! Needless to say, after trying this twice it went in the trash. Glad I didn't spend my money on a full size!

on 6/26/2015 10:41:00 AM

Yikes! This mascara smudged like crazy, irritated my eyes and had a tendency to flake too. It did not really lengthen my lashes much, and instead of adding volume it clumped up. I really like some of the other Josie Maran products and had high hopes for this mascara, but it didn't work at all for me.