Urban Decay Tease

No Image

4.6

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

A lot of people say this is like MAC Quarry, and while this is similar, I find it browner and I prefer Quarry. If they discontinued Quarry, I would buy this, but like I said, I prefer the more plum tone of Quarry.

on 2/9/2017 5:34:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

My story begins about two years ago, when I bought the Naked 2 palette. While I ended up returning the palette, I loved the color Tease and I couldn't stop thinking about it. I know that sounds over dramatic, but it's true-- we were made for each other. But, because I already have so many light brown/grey/taupe eyeshadows (including the Naked 2 Basics Palette and the matte neutrals in the original Naked), I kept putting buying it off. "It wont add anything to my collection" I lied to myself, and I was wary of the $20 price tag. But it kept calling, and in the end I couldn't hold out any more. Tease and I are still in the early stages of our relationship, but I can honestly say I've never been happier with an individual eyeshadow purchase. If you are a neutral/cool ghost, as I am, I cannot recommend this shade enough!

on 9/8/2016 6:00:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is a beautiful crease shade. It is matte and looks amazing all over the lid, into the crease and smudged into the lower lashline. It makes my blue/gray eyes pop. It's kind of a mauvy-brown that appears cooler on my skin. I love this shadow -- it will last me forever!

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I can see why a couple youtubers that I watch rave about this. It is a very nice natural shade that does not crease or do anything ugly, which is especially nice if you are a gal in her mid-40's, like myself. I have grey eyes with flecks of gold and I feel this is a great color for my eyes to enhance their color, and not draw attention to the shadow. It is also easy to build up the color. Great for daytime looks or I would imagine great for the work place and school as well. It leans just slightly cooler than warm, but it is very neutral, so it goes with pretty much anything. I do not seem to get any kick-up of dust with this, which is nice. I a currently not tanned and about NC15, so this shows up decently. However, when I am tanned, about NC30, this looks like nothing. So I would say this is good for lighter toned people. But then I guess too it could be used with other shades, and anyone could use it. So in that sense, it is very versatile. This also wears nicely on me, not creasing or no fallout. Just a great staple, I think to own.

on 9/10/2015 6:45:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Tease has just enough purple brown in it to make me look like I got punched in the eye. It makes my dark under eye circles look so prominent. They will look fine (all concealed up) and then I apply this and I look malnourished and sickly...my eyes look so tired. I love Buck, Laced & Nooner (from Naked 3)..but that doesn't have the bruise like tones. Tease is not doing anything for my brown eyes. This is kind of like Satin Taupe without the shimmer, but that is bad for me because Satin Taupe gave me the same black eye look.

I honestly can't even speak to texture because this goes on soooo rough looking on me that it looks like dirt smeared on me. I am sure the quality is fine, but the color is horrendous on me. I am nw20, deep soft winter. There is just nothing I love about this color on me. It has so much potential, but not on me. I want to give it a 1 or 2 lippie, but that would be just for the color. I think the product itself, if it works for you, is fine. So I will give this an average rating.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

HG crease colour

on 3/10/2015 5:00:00 AM

Tease is THE perfect transition colour for creating both warm and cool looks! I have used this little beauty every single day since I bought it! It is one of the matte crease colours in the UD Naked 2, but because Im not a fan of very shimmery shadows, I just bought this as a single and I love it! The little token-type packaging is suoer cute. The colour itself is hard to describe, but Id say it's a taupe-pale brown-grey-pale smokey purple-type colour. Yes, that sounds weird, but once you try this shade, you'll fall in love!

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I'm in love with this shadow. It's easily my favorite from UD and one of the most important items in my makeup bag. It's not a terribly exciting as an eye shadow, but this slightly mauve-y matte taupe is the best shade I've found to contour my cool toned NW20 complexion. It's similar in tone to NYX's Taupe blush, a contouring favorite for people with my coloring, but I much prefer this product as NYX is too sheer to build up for a dramatic look when I want one. This color can be built up for drama or sheered out for a softly defined look. Aside from contouring, I also frequently use it as a transition shade in the crease and to fill in my brows! It's also great for the base of a subtle work appropriate smoky eye.

If I had to pare down my makeup collection to just 5 items, this shadow would make the cut just for how versatile it is. I'm the type of beauty junkie who isn't married to any particular product and who changes up what foundation, concealer, mascara, etc. I use from week to week or even day to day, but this product is a constant in my beauty routine and I use it every single day. It's the only product I own that meets my definition of "Holy Grail."

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

How is it even possible that I am writing the first review for this amazing eyeshadow? Well, what can I say about it? Only that it is the most perfectly balanced blend of a midtone brown and plum ever conceived by the makeup gods??? That it makes the most sublime matte crease color known to NC25 women living in my house, and probably other locations as well? That my daughter ran off with my Naked 2 palette when she moved out, and the only color in the palette that I could never forget and learn to live without, was Tease? I marked it down a bit for the price, because I think $16.00 for one eyeshadow is a bit extravagant, and I also marked it down for the packaging, because the single feels pretty flimsy to me considering that I just spent $16.00 on it, but otherwise all is zen in my world, now that I have my favorite color ever for my crease back in my possession.