Maybelline The Nudes

Filtered by eye Color : Black

2.6

I was excited to try this palette. Considering its nude colors selection and the price tag, they were Perfect!
I used this palette for over a year, and during that time I also purchased WnW's Comfort Zone palette.

I thought I was going to love it, but this palette came as far as a 'meh' for me (especially when I compared it with WnW's Comfort Zone which was almost two times cheaper than The Nudes).

The colors were nice, no objection, and the swatches looked ok. However, when I put them on my eyelid, they were not as pigmented as seen on the swatches on my arm. The colors intensity weren't that great and because of that, they didn't last long on my eyelid. There were a few times when I used The Nude since in the morning, and by around noon my colleagues would asked me if I were wearing eye shadows??! Surprised. I looked myself in the mirror and there was literally almost nothing showed on my eyelid!

Some may argue that this is a drugstore brand and expectation should be kept low, or that I need to 'work' with it more if I want it to work.
Well, hey! WnW's Comfort Zone is almost two times cheaper (like I mentioned above) but it works as good as many high-end palettes (UD's NAKED, for sure). So the understanding (and perhaps, acceptance) of drugstore products mean mediocrity is not true here. When I had already tried other cheaper drugstore palette like WnW and found out that it was much better than The Nude.

I still kept The Nude, but to be honest, I never reached for it. I might used for it when I need light makeup...or when I feel like using it....I 'might'.

The colors are pretty but don't show well when applied. It fades really fast and the color isn't as pigmented as it should be. For me, it's not worth it for its price.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

.............. Pigmentation???.............. where are you?.............
The colors are so me!!!
But even my best primer & RT brushes couldn't help..
First, I need to put on concealer in all over my lids, and then I have to put bunch of primer on... and even use my own finger to put on this baby............. (I'm NC20 tbh... I use shade porcelain in foundation, couldn't even help this baby to show up!)

But I am going to try the blushed one! because having maybelline thingy are so addicting hahaha... ok to have but not to use =(

*edit : I have to use ring lights so this baby could show up!

The quality is awesome for its price. I love the mattes. But for girls with warm undertones, BEWARE. Most of these are cool toned and if you're not careful, you're going to look like you just survived a punch in the eye.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Definitely not a eyeshadow to wear without primer, no primer, you pretty much get minimal pigment, and a shimmer.
However, with a primer the matte shadows work better as they get darker, and the white color in the upper lefthand corner is lovely for inner corners. On the back, the instructions for how to place it are very useful for beginners, in total 12 singles, 6 doubles, 4 triples, 3 quads. I like the fact they are arranged in a specific order.
The price is fabulous, and the packaging is sleek, and easy to store. But the fallout is a big no for me, I think they could have spent a little more time on the product quality.
For ten dollars, good buy, but not great.