Maybelline New York The Nudes Eyeshadow Palette

Filtered by eye Color : Brown age: 30-35

3.0

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

defiantly not one of maybelline better products I have to build n build n wet the brush to get any pigment payoff and it seems all the pallets in this particular line the rock nudes and the other one is the same I have all of them buying hoping the next one would be better than the one before, but same issue no pigment payoff I wish these cosmetics companies would listin to the customers and make changes where needed defiantly a No Maybelline No.

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

This product was given as a gift but I would absolutely purchase it myself. Great range of nudes as well as a beautiful shimmery gold and a charcoal.

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

cant say I'm totally impressed with this palette colors are ok not nudes some dark and gold and they aren't smooth and not very pigmented a purchase I regret I got better palettes from wet n wild, I paid 9.99 for this and I actually want a refund.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I really do like this eyeshadow. It's like butter, so creamy and smooth putting it on. But, only about half of the colors are appropriate for daily use, the other half are far too dark to wear to work or the store, etc. They're more of a party or bar look. Unless you wear dark colors on your eyes at all times, then good for you at finding this. There are a lot of colors to play around with so it's worth the money. Since you can't (or shouldn't) use all of the colors every day this will definitely last you a while so it's a practical purchase. I don't think I will end up buying this more than a few times in my lifetime though

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This review will be short and sweet as many reviewers below have better articulated my views.
Pros: some great colours; lots of variety of colours and finishes; nothing too glittery; and, most importantly, all are usable, wearable colours

Cons: some colours are very hard to pick up with a brush. I found this to be particularly true for the mid and dark hued tones. The light (base) shades were creamier and easier to apply, as were the shimmer/ metallic shades.

Would I buy again? No. But it's nice to have some of the colours for when I want options and/or more variety.

This is great for the money. Sure, some of the colours don't have great pigmentation, but probably 2/3 of them are totally fine and comparable to more expensive brands. The layout is great (set up as quads, trios, or pairs for easy looks), and the colour variety is solid.

The pale highlight colour in the first quad looks like it would be an ultra pale glitterpalooza in the palette, but looks beautifully shimmery and subtle on the skin. The metallic-y darker brown shade is probably my favourite in this palette for blendability and colour payoff.

If you already have neutral palettes from mid to high end companies, I wouldn't bother with this, but if you're just starting out, or are reluctant to pull the trigger on a more expensive neutral palette, or just don't have access to anything but a drug store in your area, I would suggest picking this up. Using it for a few months helped me realise that if I invested in a Lorac or UD neutral palette, I would definitely use it all the time.... and even now that I have a couple Lorac pieces, I still use this a little.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

These are not very blendable. Not saying you cannot blend them out but you will need to work and put some effort into it. The shades just seem boring and typical to me and not all unique or good quality. There are quads or other eye shadows with similar shades with better color payoff and the colors just look much better than these.
The light shades are all too similar when applied and look chalky on this skin. The dark shades are just boring and muddy looking. They look cheap on the eyelid and I think this whole pallet is just a waste.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I am extremely pleased with the color pay out and the high end feel of the compact. Certainly didn't expect to love it as much as I do, the colors are definitely a good competition for Urban Decay's Naked eye shadow sets.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I can't lie, I didn't like it & just returned it. I swatched it & it seems like the darker shades have more pigment, not the matte ones though. The main reason I can't keep it is because I prefer lighter nude shades & the lighter shades in this palette aren't good. They have zero color payoff. Not much fallout but u really have to pack it on. Which I did and yet still the color payoff wasn't up to my liking. I did use a primer, Too Faced shadow insurance and still I had no luck w/this palette. I will say though, I love Maybelline's idea about making an afford palette, ESP nude shades. I think the value is good, 12 shades for around ten dollars. But with only a few shades pigmented and wearable, not a must have. It just wasn't for me. I Hope drugstore brands continue down this road of creating palettes!

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I can't lie, I didn't like it & just returned it. I swatched it & it seems like the darker shades have more pigment, not the matte ones though. The main reason I can't keep it is because I prefer lighter nude shades & the lighter shades in this palette aren't good. They have zero color payoff. Not much fallout but u really have to pack it on. Which I did and yet still the color payoff wasn't up to my liking. I will say that I love Maybelline's idea about making an afford palette, ESP nude shades. I think the value is good, 12 shades for around ten dollars. But with only a few shades pigmented and wearable, not a must have. It just wasn't for me. I Hope drugstore brands continue down this road of creating palettes!