Maybelline The Nudes

Filtered by eye Color : Blue

3.5

I really wanted to love this palette. The shades are seriously lacking in pigment. Do yourself a favor and skip. Unless you are white as paper, the colors are going to be too light to notice.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

EDIT - I recently switched eyeshadow primers - I am now currently using the Milani Eyeshadow Primer. I have used this palette once since switching primers & I have got to say that the shadows did not fade on me AT ALL with the Milani primer. I have also recently picked up a few of the Maybelline Color Tattoos & I think they really help the shades in this palette pop!! I think I like this palette even more with the Milani primer & the color tattoos! :)

I really like this palette! I wanted the Blushed Nudes to be my favourite because I have a thing for the rosy tones but this one is my favorite of the Maybelline palettes that I own (don't buy the Brights, it's awful - not that you can get it anymore anyway). I find the pigmentation on this to be a little hit & miss but I can get it to work well for the natural looks I am going for. I find myself always going back to this palette. The one downfall of it is that I do find it to fade on me but that could be the eye primer I am using with it (Essence's I <3 stage shadow base - I am considering switching to a different primer when I run out of that one to see if I can improve on the staying power). Personally, it does exactly what I need it to. I love this little drugstore palette! :)

This palette was okay. I liked how it was really pigmented, but I like neutral palettes to have a lot of lights, and there were too many darks. There was a shade that perfectly matched my eyebrows, so I liked that. However, these palettes get really messy fast, and the shadows are not blendable. But they are still really nicely pigmented. So, this palette is okay, but I want to try some other ones.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Just picked up this palette about a week ago because it was on sale. I like the colors, but some of them are hard to see on my skin. Even when used with a primer, they didn't show very well. I will continue to use until it is gone, as I liked it I just don't LOVE it. It won't be a staple in my makeup collection.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I don't really like this. palette. It comes with 12 nude shades, 6 matte and 6 shimmery. The eyeshadows are all really different in texture, pigmentation etc. The shade in the top row to the left is horrible! It has a weird soft feeling (not in a good way!) It's a light shimmery shade, but when I swatch it, it just comes off in big chunks, and just by blowing on my hand, the eyeshadow is TOTALLY gone. The matte shades aren't really pigmented. They're also quite powdery. The lighter shades doesn't really show up. There is one shade in this palette that I like more than the others. It's number 4 from the left in the top row. It's a beautiful bronze shade. This shadow is much more creamy and pigmented than the rest. It's really stunning, but i'm not a big fan of the rest of the shadows. They're all really hard to work with and not very blendable

I hated this the first couple of times I used it, shadows were difficult to blend, patchy in their pigmentation, really felt is wasted my money even though I got it at 50% off and it was cheap.

I've recently revisited it, it was sitting in my drawer and I thought I'd give it another look. I also watched the emilynoel YouTube video on this and she gave some great tips.

So, revisiting, yes, the pigmentation is still a bit patchy, they aren't easy shadows to blend and you have to work to build up the colour. Pros - I can get a great variety of wearable work appropriate looks with this. I can play with taupes and Browns without breaking the bank. The organization of the colours into groups is great. There are 3 X quads, a cool, a warm and a neutral. There are 4 X trios left to right adjacent to each other, then there are the 6 X duos. This is a great little learners pallet to teach beginners how to combine colours or for getting ready for work mornings when you are trying to pull together a look but don't have a lot of time to overthink it.

So, my conclusion? It's a cheap drugstore pallet, it's not a high lend pallet, it's ideal for the woman who doesn't want to spend a lot of money on makeup and who wants to look professional without over thinking it. It's also a great pallet to learn on. The shadows are great quality but at 1/8 the price of an urban decay naked pallet that's fine by me.

I really like the shades and quality is good, works well on a primer. Great for fair skin. Not as great as MAC shadows, hence 4 stars.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

What a great classic eyeshadow palette! I mean seriously, for ten bucks, it's pretty impressive. I feel like this palette has received a lot of negative reviews because it's always being compared to Urban Decay's shadows. However, the fact that Maybelline produced a product that's about one-sixth of the price is incredible. Pigmentation isn't crazy dramatic, but most people don't need color so intense that they have to wipe some off and end up wasting half the product (cough, cough, Naked palettes...). I really love this eyeshadow, I even use it for my brows. It's by far one of the best drug store staples for anyone's collection.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

The color intensity isn't as much as higher end palettes, but will work if you are doing a subtle eye or new to eye shadows. I reach for this when I need something to go with other eye shadows (such as a medium matte to cut a crease) or I am looking for a neutral eye. It seems like a good choice if your budget is tight. I haven't tried any of the Naked palettes yet so I can't compare it to them. It's not anything better than any of Maybelline's other eye shadows, but better than those other cheap drugstore palettes because it's not overly glittery or chalky. The color intensity is best when applied over a primer or concealor.

Hair: Other, Kinky, Medium

The palette has a really nice variety of colours! They are really pigmented so you don't need a lot!