Maybelline New York The Nudes

Filtered by skin tone : Medium age: 56 & Over

1 review

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Straight, Fine

I have to say I'm not a fan of Maybelline's powder eyeshadows although I have a few of the older formulas that I like very much such as Earthly Taupe, Linen and a duo Dusk. Well, I bought this at Walmart for $10, pricey for Walmart! I'm debating whether to return this after using it a few times. I get the negative reviews on the lighter colors, but I am a taupe, and brown shades shadow collector. I like the sturdy case, unlike the older quads that break when you breathe on them. I didn't like the included applicator, the sponge fell off the wand and I threw it away, using instead my own brushes. I use a Wet n Wild primer first, Fergie's something or other which powder e/s seem to stick better. The darker colors are ok on me, I didn't have the problems the other reviewers had, but that upper left corner shadow has no pigment at all. A bit sparkly but not over the top glitter which I hated. I only use this palette a few times since so I'm really on the fence!

EDIT: 9/3/14 I'm keeping this. I found a way to use the upper left color by dampening my brush - not wetting it and applying it that way. It also works with the lighter taupey colors and some of the mattes. Bumping up a lippie too.