Maybelline The Nudes

Filtered by hair type : Kinky

3.0

Hair: Other, Kinky, Medium

The palette has a really nice variety of colours! They are really pigmented so you don't need a lot!

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine

This has pro's and con's..
I would like to give it 3.5/5.
Pro's

The shade selection is good. There are some very pretty colors. I especially like the very dark blue/black at the end of the palette along with the mid brown shades in the middle. All three of these shades have fab pigmentation. The price is also very reasonable for the amount of shadows you get. Nowhere near as expensive as the Naked Palettes and the other Urban Decay palettes on the market. Also this palette contains 12 shadows and is cheaper than one MAC eyeshadow and some of these shades are just as good quality in my opinion. The packaging is also handy. It's hard and solid and can easily fit into my handbag without breaking or taking up too much room.

Con's

Some of the shades (especially the lighter ones) aren't very pigmented at all and really need building up. The amount of product you get doesn't seem a lot and also a few of the shades are somewhat the same.

This palette will probably last me awhile nonetheless, although I do like this palette and it has some good features I probably wouldn't purchase again due to some of the shades just not been pigmented enough. I would probably purchase a few shades from this palette again individually.

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

Lovely to look at in the kit. But, wearing it is a different story. The shadows have no staying power and don't apply well. I can get the same effect from eyeshadow from the 99 cent store. Disclaimer: I have oily skin.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

I am completely and totally new to the world of eyeshadow. I never even wore eyeshadow to prom, I just gave myself a graphic, coloured cat eye because I wanted to do my makeup myself but I didn't even know where to start with eyeshadow.

Everyone has been referring me to the ever expensive Naked Palettes or the Chocolate Bar palette but I wasn't sure if I was ready to sink sixty dollars into an eyeshadow palette when I know nothing about eyeshadow! Then the Maybelline Nudes palette entered the drugstore.

A lot of bloggers condemned this palette saying that its shadows were chalky and difficult to blend and sheer and what have you. I got really scared and decided to save my $10. Finally when I felt like I would die of curiosity I ended up buying it. I decided I'd play around with it until I was ready for something more expensive. Besides, I couldn't resist buying one of the biggest palettes out here in the Drugstore realm.

I was really shocked when I actually swatched this palette. The shades actually show up on my NW45 skin which is a miracle in itself. And the back has a lot of useful infographics that break the palette up into quads, trios and duos that all guide you on how to create 13 different looks and these looks actually look good! I'm not well versed at all at how to put together a look so I am endlessly thankful for that information on the back of the palette.

The shadows don't even feel chalky to me. Maybe it's because I haven't been spoiled by Urban Decay and all those other high end brands. I love the fact that a good portion (75%) of these shades play nicely with my skin tone. That's one of the reasons that I got turned off of some of the high end palettes, I felt like they were full of really pale shades that I could never use.

I enjoy the fact that I can build an eyeshadow look from beginning to end with this one palette. I wish I had this palette earlier in the year when I went travelling and needed nude eyes for special occasions.

In short: I really do like this palette because it fits the purpose that I want it for (figuring out the mechanics of eyeshadow) and I think that I'm going to get a lot of use out of it. This is a great, cheap gateway palette into the world of eyeshadow palettes and would be a valuable product for eyeshadow newbies. I really hope Maybelline (and the rest of the drugstore brands!) makes more of these lovely palettes. Wouldn't it be cool to see a rose gold drugstore palette a la Naked 3?

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

MAYBELLINE, YOU'RE BREAKING MY HEART WITH THE NUDES EYE SHADOW PALETTE.

I purchased this palette during the wee hours of Tuesday morning- 1am. because its all over You Tube and I wanted to see what all of the fuss was over this nude palette. As soon as I got home I washed my hands and busted open this palette and began swatching. I nearly let out a primal scream but quickly decided I better not awaken my neighbors lol. Swatch after swatch was dissapointing, none of the colors showed up on my NC 45-50 skin. Naturally I thought to myself, well I can use a e/s base to lift the color but you know what I said to myself " no I am not". I have a Elf neutral palette that have more neutral colors that show up on my skin. The 1 good thing I like about this paletter is the layout; its set up as duos, trios, and quads so yes its great for beginner makeup gurus in training. Other than that, it's just terrible. I returned it before I got into the office. Ladies if you are around my color, save your money and purchase something else.