Maybelline The Nudes

Filtered by hair type : Curly

3.9

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

The Nudes apply on so evenly and does not flake off. i'm in love with this beautiful product. i use the gold one all the time. i definitely LOVE Maybelline.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Contrary to most other reviewers, I have found that the colours do not lack pigment too much, they are buildable enough, at least for my taste.
I like all the colours, they are a really good array of mostly warm neutrals, all eminently wearable. There are matte as well as shimmer and satin shades plus a black which I find is not toooo saturated and so one of the easier blacks to wear.
Won't be purchasing as there are plenty of other options in this category but I shall enjoy this palette.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I bought this with a little trepidation after hearing some pretty negative reviews about the product. Whilst these eye shadows may not be in the same league as the Urban Decay Naked palettes, I am really impressed by this little collection of neutral eyeshadows that should suit most people in terms of budget, quality and range of shades.

A lot of thought has been put into the shades included in the collections and how they are presented. There are suggested combinations on the back of the packaging for people like me who can be a bit baffled and overwhelmed when presented with such a big range of options. I have been playing about with this palette for just over a month now and while I have my favourites (there is a lovely bronze/gold shade in the bottom row that is quite good with my blue eyes) I have used all of the shades in the palette - including the scary (to me!) looking black shade.

I find they all last well during the day although I dos wear them with an eye primer - I use the Rimmel eye primer (the one in the white tube with the red lid). Most of the shades are well pigmented but one or two need an extra coaxing to show up. There is a very shimmery white colour right beside the black shade in the bottom row that needs a bit of work to get it to show up but this is also an advantage. I use this as a very subtle highlight in the inner corner of my eyes and to blend out the black shade.

I am very impressed by this product. It's affordable and very wearable with a very good range of shades which can be used to create very natural daytime looks and more dramatic evening looks as you prefer. I would buy this again a definitely recommend it to my friends. I also notice I can wear this eyeshadow quite comfortable with no irritation on my eyelids. I have quite crepy eyelids that are easily irritated by glittery or shimmery shadows.

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This is a great palette for drugstore quality. I for one am quite happy with it. Its perfect for daytime. It has some shimmery shades & a few matte ones. In my experience working with these eyeshadows I have never had a problem with pigmentation. I would say the only shade that has no color payoff is the shimmery gold from the bottom row. I don't really care for that color anyways. The rest are fine. I can create neutral eyelooks with them. Some of the colors are true bronze shades, others are camel browns. Then there are some browns with gray undertones. There's a decent matte highlight shade, and a champagne one. It's basically a variety of browns. The black shade is nice as well. I will definitely repurchase this palette as it is my go-to for everyday.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This palette has very mixed reviews for me. Part of me totally loves this palette but I just don't reach for it as much as I thought I would. I don't regret purchasing this because it's great size for travel and has a good balance of mattes and shimmers but the colors just aren't THAT pigmented and vibrant. They are a little chalky for my liking but I do enjoy this every so often. You get what you get for 11 dollars. Still love my Naked palettes and Too Faced Chocolate bars better.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I use this lovely and inexpensive palette to fill in my eye brows, which it does brilliantly. Occasionally I use the eye shadow colors on my eyes but only rarely. I mix mostly the medium-light matte shadows and they end up perfect for filling in my sparse eye brows. I love it and seeing as how little I use daily, I won't have to buy brow filler powder for a really long time.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I have been searching for a Nude Quad/Duo, SOMETHING. So when RiteAid had this 40% I Snoopy danced out the door thinking, "Jackpot" all these great colors for $6...my happiness was short lived when I started using the pallette and realized that although there are some really great options, there is NO STAYING POWER. Even using a Primer (UD Primer Potion or Monitstat) these colors really had to be worked up to even look like I had any on. When they said "The Nudes" they meant it. I am not overly critical and can usually look past flaws if there is a redeeming quality but there isn't anything here. I was hoping to find suitable replacements for some WNW Trios that are now DCD ( Belgian Chocolates for example) but not finding it here...

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I don't get the negative reviews on this at all. IMO, this is one of the best nude ES palettes, EVER, if you love a natural look.
What I like about it is that unlike Urban Decay, there is a great mixture of matte and shimmer. Some of the same colors are provided in The Nudes palette in both a matte and a shimmer version. The shimmer shadows are not at all glittery. They are more like BB Shimmer Wash shadows. I think that the quality is excellent for the price. Every color shows up perfectly on my BB 4, NC35 skin. It also has colors that add just enough color to sculpt the eye without really looking like "EYESHADOW." I believe that eye shadow should do just that-- look like a shadow to sculpt the eye shape. This palette fills the bill. Plus, it includes a pale iridescent shimmer pan that is perfect for highlighting the corners of your eyes. It is true that the colors are not super heavily pigmented, but I prefer buildable color. I don't have to use a primer and the color lasts all day. I love this so much that I bought two in case it's discontinued. This might not work for those who like to wear heavy shadow or for a heavy evening look. If you like a natural look for daytime (after all, it is called The Nudes) give it a try.

Edit: 01/03/16
Although I still love the colors, the matte shadows in the palette are really not the easiest to blend. Using primer before does make it easier. I am removing a star for this reason.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Haven't posted in a while but saw the listing for this in an email and had to chime in. Is it Urban Decay? No, but it's a great palette at a great price. I've worn it for a little over a week now, I keep reaching for it even though I have some high end palettes in my makeup tray this week.. it's easy, goes with everything, and has no major issues. It has all the basic colors you need including those important mattes. The only shade I could pick on is the shimmer white in the top left corner.. it's quite flaky, but it's still usable for inner corner or a pop of shimmer on the browbone. All the rest are smooth, with buildable pigmentation, blend well, and are great wearable colors. Love the way they laid out the palette with groupings for duos, trios, or quads. This is perfect for the beginner (of any age), for someone wanting a cheap palette to travel with, or just some easy shadows for every day wear. The palette itself is well made and the perfect size, no wasted space with nice sized pans that are easy to get a brush into.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I picked up this a couple of weeks ago because it a neutral pallet... At the drugstore .... And there was only one left. I thought maybe I should hold off and read some reviews but I. Know it takes my local walmart forever and a day to restock, because they don't give a damn about my needs to have everything Now. How dare they. They also have the cheapest price for just about everything so I went ahead and picked it up. Decent. Ya I'd say decent would be the right word. Nothing that will make you want to throw all you other neutrals in the toilet, but nice to have bc I know we all have to have every color of every brand even if we already have 3...Maybe just me ? but ok. They have an ok texture not super hard nor buttery. They do blend well, but if you want real pigment you need to use a primer. The first day my husband pointed out the upper left hand highlight shade and said " ohh pretty" so I took a closer look and it is an " ohh pretty" iridescent sparkle. I can see this living on the inner corner of my eye, going to have to evict the previous owner though.some of these do have some fall out, and the " black" is a little disappointing not so much I won't use it, but hey most products are not perfect. I think this would be amazing for someone starting out in the game trying to move up the ranks and build street creed. If you already have the pallets that cost an arm and a leg,ehhh maybe skip this. But if your a hoarder like me, and have some of the better ones then this is not going to kill your wallet or make the other jealous and you can create beautiful looks for everyday. The packaging is better than most it feels sturdy and looks beautiful and sleek with a window that let's me admire the pretty colors every time I look to my vanity. Which is a lot. For 10 bucks it's quality.