Maybelline The Nudes

Filtered by hair type : Wavy

3.4

I am not too picky when it comes to make-up but this palette is, in a word, worthless. The colours are pretty but that's it. The shades are chalky, hard to blend... It's a hassle to work with. It's hard to achieve a good look with this stuff. A waste of time and money. I might keep it and use the lighter colours for highlighting, otherwise I will just toss it. Luckily it was on the cheaper side and I bought in on promotion.

P.S. On the plus side, I received the I Heart Makeup chocolate palette as a gift from a family member. It's beautiful to work with, comes with a huge mirror and it's really affordable. Love!

This is my first eyeshadow palette i'm not picky when it comes to eyeshadows as you can tell, but even if you are beginner like me stay away from this. most of the shades are chalky except the second quad is good ,pigmentation, blending wise and the last warm dark brown from the first quad as well. the rest of shades lack pigmentation you have to build the colour, you can use it to fill your eyebrows. If you want to use it as eyeshadows primer is a must. I.aside from that i enjoyed playing with it, as it has instructions and looks on the back of the palette. i'd recommend trying Max factor masterpiece palette and Wet n wild instead.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Great basic palette. This is my DS go to along with the Nude blushes palette. No irritation and I love the colors.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Terrible terrible product. Shadows have practically no pigment and are very streaky on application. Difficult to pick up with brush, blend and work with. Not worth the money, better to buy Makeup Geek or Too Faced eyeshadows, they are way more buttery and pigmented. Packaging is pretty solid and durable however.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Not bad at all for the price. Most of these shadows are pretty versatile and pigmented. Also the fact that they're strategically placed so that they can be combined in groups of two, three and four is a really nice touch.
That being said, this is another brown/beige/gold/nude palette. You can find tons of those on the market nowadays at all price points. For its price this one is really nice but of course there are some far superior, if also pricier, alternatives out there so it may be more worth it to save and hold out for one of those.

This palette was okay. I liked how it was really pigmented, but I like neutral palettes to have a lot of lights, and there were too many darks. There was a shade that perfectly matched my eyebrows, so I liked that. However, these palettes get really messy fast, and the shadows are not blendable. But they are still really nicely pigmented. So, this palette is okay, but I want to try some other ones.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

So I would totally rebuy this again (& did coz I lost it. My room eats MU!). I got this & blushed nudes & I should've bought them sooner is all I can say! If you don't have this palette & u collect nude palettes ur collection is incomplete w/o this! Ifs only $11 & btw blushed nudes is not exclusive to Walmart I got both of mine at Kroger. Now I'm thinking about the smoked & rock palettes coz I'm so impressed! Bravo to Maybelline for throwing ur hat into the ring & being the best DS eyeshadows (except I do love elf e/s but it's kind of hard to get unless u go to a store w an elf carousel not a lot of DS have elf around my area. Anyhoo.) if you like this u would really love elf 144 neutral palette, BH Cosmetics 88 Neutral, & Coastal Scents 88 Warm. I rewrote my review I take it all back the negative stuff i'm a baebelline! I've been buying a lot of Maybelline lately & it's a super good brand & I have access to a good display of it (not been ravaged to bits like the Ulta NYX display is by a bunch of tweakers), I'm buying about 1/3 DS makeup ratio to high end i guess I could say. I spent $200 on DS MU in the recent past. I know really it's like how do u spend $200 on MU let alone DS MU "do u get what u pay for?" I think Maybelline has done some major overhauling & revamping of their line first of all it was a brand that never interested me but now I'm finding I am quite happy w my recent DS purchases but yes I am happier w what I get from Sephora but I'm discovering a lot of DS gems lately. I've been lucky! Ok this palette is a beautiful mix of nudetral shades which I'm sure ev1 is aware that this is based on the colors of brown. All of the colors complement each other so well, the packaging it needs a mirror but omg the little information printed on the back just so useful!! It tells you how to group the colors into duo's, trios & quads or alternately a few shades could be "one-&-done" (worn solo). I can't imagine this friendly little bugger offending any1's sensibilities at a mere $11 + a few Ei in coins (that's tax!!), if you don't have this already go to Ulta & use the $3.50 off $15 coupon (it's printed in the Sunday's circular but just courteously & ask if they could be so gracious as to give u the coupon & im sure if the register person will do it for you, if not then politely & discreetly ask to talk to the store manager). This palette goes w any coloring of skintone I'm NC20 myself & find that I prefer urban decay to this but I mean for-cryin-in-the-beer this is $11! UD is $54! & now Maybelline has duped the UD Naked dual ended eyeliner pencils as well. Score another for Maybelline! At just weighing in at over $11 retail this is the most expensive of Maybelline's offerings which is amazing even w the extensive print & media campaigns can still remain budget-friendly. Products I would put with this: black liquid eyeliner, Fuschia lipstick/lipliner, black mascara, u can use this palette to fill in brows & as a liner as well as there's a black shade that is tremendously fierce when applied wet w the sponge tip applicators. Am I the only kid now who still appreciates a fine sponge tip applicator?! I know I'm a savage when it comes to tools I'm basically living in the paleo Dino era coz I'm the only individual who likes them.

Anyways get your grubby paws on this palette! U need a DS pick-me-up!! :-)

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Just picked up this palette about a week ago because it was on sale. I like the colors, but some of them are hard to see on my skin. Even when used with a primer, they didn't show very well. I will continue to use until it is gone, as I liked it I just don't LOVE it. It won't be a staple in my makeup collection.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I've beven using this product since it first came out. I absolutely love this palette! I always get compliments whenever I use it. A good eyeshadow primer will really make this product last longer and more pigmented on the eyes. While yes, it's not near as pigmented as the naked palettes, it gets the job done.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

These shadows are impossible to blend and some of them are so under pigmented that they don't show up at all. It's a shame because this palette looks so pretty! :(