Maybelline The Nudes

Filtered by hair type : Straight

3.1

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

PROS
- Great price
- Blends well
- Nice shades
- No extreme fallout
- Last all day without eyeshadow primer (I don't have oily lids)

CONS
- Not super pigmented
- No mirror
- Shimmer shades are slightly cakey

I was excited to try this palette. Considering its nude colors selection and the price tag, they were Perfect!
I used this palette for over a year, and during that time I also purchased WnW's Comfort Zone palette.

I thought I was going to love it, but this palette came as far as a 'meh' for me (especially when I compared it with WnW's Comfort Zone which was almost two times cheaper than The Nudes).

The colors were nice, no objection, and the swatches looked ok. However, when I put them on my eyelid, they were not as pigmented as seen on the swatches on my arm. The colors intensity weren't that great and because of that, they didn't last long on my eyelid. There were a few times when I used The Nude since in the morning, and by around noon my colleagues would asked me if I were wearing eye shadows??! Surprised. I looked myself in the mirror and there was literally almost nothing showed on my eyelid!

Some may argue that this is a drugstore brand and expectation should be kept low, or that I need to 'work' with it more if I want it to work.
Well, hey! WnW's Comfort Zone is almost two times cheaper (like I mentioned above) but it works as good as many high-end palettes (UD's NAKED, for sure). So the understanding (and perhaps, acceptance) of drugstore products mean mediocrity is not true here. When I had already tried other cheaper drugstore palette like WnW and found out that it was much better than The Nude.

I still kept The Nude, but to be honest, I never reached for it. I might used for it when I need light makeup...or when I feel like using it....I 'might'.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Grey, Straight, Medium

Not worth the money! The colours look very pretty in the box but that's it - the pigmentation is so bad/weak that unless you apply a cream eye-shadow first, they barely show, even with multiple layers. I also bought "The Blushed Nudes" and they are just as bad. I tried using the lighter shades as a highlighter but they didn't work. The worst palette I've ever bought!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Pros:
- Nice nude colors
- Some are matte, some are a bit shimmery
- On the back, it shows you different ways to wear them
- Good pigmentation
- Last for 6+ hours (that's how long I wore it)
Cons:
- No mirror! :(
- Cheap eyeshadow sponge thing instead of a real brush
This is overall a pretty good eyeshadow palette, probably one of my favorites from the drugstore! You can use it for everyday looks, or use some more shimmery shades for a glammed up day!

EDIT: the pigmentation sucks on the shades I wanted to love most - the gold one, the sparkly brown, and the beige. Ugh.

I was gifted this pallete, and I wanted to like it, because I'm all about the nude shades, and the packaging is pretty. The shadows look pretty, but that's about it. They are poorly pigmented; the white and the two ''pinky'' ones are completely invisible, even when applied over a primer. The brown ones and the black one is okay. The gold one is not pigmented enough; during blending, it turned matte, the shimmer just fell off.

Not worth the price.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Nice colors but a little upset that some of the browns aren't as vibrant as I thought.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

When I first saw this eyeshadow palette at the store,I was excited-to say the least! I loved all of the colours and the endless combinations that you can try out! All of the shadows are highly pigmented and not at all chalky-both the mattes and the shimmery ones.The sponge-brush that comes with the palette is ideal for smoking out your eyeshadow.The packaging is really amazing and I love how sophisticated it looks. This palette is an absolute value-for-money,as it's quite affordable and has the same results as a high-end eyeshadow palette. Definitely would repurchase!

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

EDIT - I recently switched eyeshadow primers - I am now currently using the Milani Eyeshadow Primer. I have used this palette once since switching primers & I have got to say that the shadows did not fade on me AT ALL with the Milani primer. I have also recently picked up a few of the Maybelline Color Tattoos & I think they really help the shades in this palette pop!! I think I like this palette even more with the Milani primer & the color tattoos! :)

I really like this palette! I wanted the Blushed Nudes to be my favourite because I have a thing for the rosy tones but this one is my favorite of the Maybelline palettes that I own (don't buy the Brights, it's awful - not that you can get it anymore anyway). I find the pigmentation on this to be a little hit & miss but I can get it to work well for the natural looks I am going for. I find myself always going back to this palette. The one downfall of it is that I do find it to fade on me but that could be the eye primer I am using with it (Essence's I <3 stage shadow base - I am considering switching to a different primer when I run out of that one to see if I can improve on the staying power). Personally, it does exactly what I need it to. I love this little drugstore palette! :)

I love this! I use almost all of the colors. I use the lower far right for eyeliner when wet, the upper far right is perfect as eyebrow color, the upper fourth is great lower lid color ,upper far left, highlighter and inner eye, and upper fifth and lower second great eyelid color. These have no fallout as my beloved NYX, Love in Paris, do.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I don't really like this. palette. It comes with 12 nude shades, 6 matte and 6 shimmery. The eyeshadows are all really different in texture, pigmentation etc. The shade in the top row to the left is horrible! It has a weird soft feeling (not in a good way!) It's a light shimmery shade, but when I swatch it, it just comes off in big chunks, and just by blowing on my hand, the eyeshadow is TOTALLY gone. The matte shades aren't really pigmented. They're also quite powdery. The lighter shades doesn't really show up. There is one shade in this palette that I like more than the others. It's number 4 from the left in the top row. It's a beautiful bronze shade. This shadow is much more creamy and pigmented than the rest. It's really stunning, but i'm not a big fan of the rest of the shadows. They're all really hard to work with and not very blendable